Quantcast

Thread: JVC X'Eye and weird sound issue

X'Eye JVC X'Eye and weird sound issue

Hey all, figured I'd ask here because I really don't know what's up and I haven't found anything conclusive online yet.

I recently picked up a fantastic (I thought) condition X'Eye. I started playing Paprium on it, and it sounded off but I just chalked it up to that game, possibly.

Turns out all games, CD or cart, have a strange issue with certain keys/notes/pitches in either sound or FM generated music. Best example is the Sega CD Sonic bios coin chime when loading a game. It sounds really high pitched and off.

It's not all sound effects though, only certain ones.

I've verified that the same issue happens using the headphones as well as the composite out. I haven't yet verified if this happens through the multi-out.

Before I open this up and see what the deal is, does anyone have any idea on what it possibly could be or if it's a common issue?

It is possible for your to record what you are talking about to better compare against?

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

An audio clip would help, but I would guess capacitors off the top of my head. I know when they start to fail they can start creating audio issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    It is possible for your to record what you are talking about to better compare against?
    Hereís a quick audio clip of the Bios chime. Itís actually kind of hard to capture it accurately, but you can mostly hear it in the rings L -> R panning:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JJl...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by evilernLe View Post
    Hereís a quick audio clip of the Bios chime. Itís actually kind of hard to capture it accurately, but you can mostly hear it in the rings L -> R panning:

You will need to share that file as available to anyone with the link. I was getting an access denied when trying to click it.

Whoops, my mistake. Should be good now:

Thread Information