Quantcast

Thread: New Kickstarter Collaboration - The Stone Protectors DVD Boxset and Genesis Game

Default New Kickstarter Collaboration - The Stone Protectors DVD Boxset and Genesis Game

We just co-launched another kickstarter for a new project!

Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...series-box-set

And those of you that have a pending Jim Reward, Dont worry we are assembling and shipping like ants as I type this.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

This is cool, but I was disappointed that the Mega Drive game isn't being published.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    This is cool, but I was disappointed that the Mega Drive game isn't being published.
    It is, it is part of the rewards. Genesis/MD

Awesome! Jumped on it for the Genesis version. Can't wait.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Same here. I usually consider an instant buy most of the unreleased Mega Drive games releases.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

NBA Jammer Nameless One ButtonMasher's Avatar

I just jumped on board after getting an email from JJ Games. Loved the toys growing up, but never played the SNES game. I'd love to have it on Genesis now!
    "You cannot stop me with just a paramecium!"

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Backed the "Physical Video Game Early Bird". I never watched the cartoon but I did have one of the action figures as a kid. Was given to me as a random gift for my birthday party from some kid at school. Probably at Chuck E Cheese lol.

Never played the Genesis/MD version but it looks pretty cool from the footage I've seen. Curious to see how it plays.

Nameless One

Is the game the same as the prototype rom that's floating around the internet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgnEovu2_HI&t=411s

Genesis version it's awful, totally broken gameplay, few animations frames and enemies AI it's completely fault.

Genesis choppy kick animation

Snes much more smooth kick animation

Unfinished enemy AI on Genesis unreleased ROM

The officially released Snes game shows much more polished enemy move set

Hope PIKO fix it for the final release.
    Last edited by EPSYLON EAGLE; 03-28-2021 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    I was actually going to post something like this yesterday.
    I could consider backing this project if the game will be touched up a bit, but there are no hints of that on the kickstarter.

Outrunner

Would love it if Piko bought the rights to Star Cruiser and released it with the English patch.

This got funded and the Kickstarter is now over with. They released an update saying one of the first things that will be done is "Play-test the Sega Genesis version of the game to be able to find bugs and try to fix them all". Doesn't specify anything about animations or enemy AI. It would be really cool if they could fix some of the issues mentioned above though.

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    Genesis version it's awful, totally broken gameplay, few animations frames and enemies AI it's completely fault.

Genesis choppy kick animation

Snes much more smooth kick animation

Unfinished enemy AI on Genesis unreleased ROM

The officially released Snes game shows much more polished enemy move set

Ok, I was looking at this game and I have some points to do.

The good news is that's the game has all the same number of frames of the Snes version.
    But since it's a prototype version, some things need to be polished.

Some chars have keyframes that are the developers forget to insert, maybe because the game was rushed to finish, I don't know but the kick from the "Guile guy"
    is a good example, as you showed the normal kick animation is missing 1 frame. And is exactly the first keyframe of every kick animation,
    If you charge the kick you going to see that this specific frame is there, but you going to spot another problem, they inserted it in the wrong direction breaking the animation cycle.

Snes / MD (my test version)

So the game must be revised, but all content is there.

Another thing is when you defeat a boss on Snes the characters show the victory pose, which is the same as the idle animation.
    These animations its also present on the MD but are not activated when you defeat the boss.

So if a smart dev capable to trace and debug the code its could be fixed.

Also like you see in my test, the colors could be vastly improved, and if I redraw the artwork could be even better with more details and colors on the screen.
    I noticed that the MD version has more animation and extra details in BGs, but the SNES version has more colors and better music and texture work.

Going to be cool if also the music could be improved or now, a MODE 1 version with CD soundtrack be available.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Thread Information