Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pseudo Saturn cart. Help

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Exclamation pseudo Saturn cart. Help

I have an Action Replay Cart but I want to play some translated Repro's. They need a pseudo cart. I see some on eBay all from China but I have no idea how trustworthy any of those are. So will those China ones work or fry my system? Or better more trustworthy place to buy them. Hoping not too expensive.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Done thank you.

You realize you can flash your existing Action Replay cart with Pseudo Saturn right?

I chose not to go that route. I wanted to keep my cart in its original form. My cart is the one with the old serial port built in. Yeah, We could have gotten a card for $40 and done it ourselves, but $18 isnít much a loss, just for the convenience of not going through the steps to flash it.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-03-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I would not even know how to do that. Shipped anyway.

I think you have to burn the file onto a CD and then run it with your cart in the Saturn. Itís been awhile since Iíve seen how itís done.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-03-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

They work fine but are sensitive and cause interference. Just add some foil to the inside of the cart to shield it. Some games will fail to load. If you want to flash other carts like the Action Replay you will need to burn the Pseudo Saturn Kai flasher onto a disc, boot it with your new cart, and then hot swap the cartridge.

If you haven't FRAM modded the console, I think the only useful cartridge is the more expensive version that adds 8MB for save files while in the game.

Hot swap the cartridge? Thatís not a good idea.

Master of Shinobi

Why not just get a modchip?

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Hot swap the cartridge? Thatís not a good idea.
    I can't help but laugh at the amount of people I see suggesting this, who then turn around and complain that the Saturn has a "crappy" and "unreliable" cartridge slot.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm stating that's the only way he can flash Pseudo Saturn Kai onto his original Action Replay. Swapping is bad. So is grabbing the CD and swapping it while fucking around with the lid switch to boot things.

It's 2021. Buy an ODE.

Iím pretty sure the swap is through the disc drive, where you use a legit disc to get past the protection and then go into the Action Replay menu. Pop in the Psuedo Saturn file disc and it flashes the Action Replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything. I'm stating that's the only way he can flash Pseudo Saturn Kai onto his original Action Replay. Swapping is bad. So is grabbing the CD and swapping it while fucking around with the lid switch to boot things.

It's 2021. Buy an ODE.
    Sure doing a Disc swap isn't great and can cause harm doing it repeatedly. That said doing one disc swap is probably far less damaging than ripping out a cartridge while the system is powered on.
    Last edited by TrekkiesUnite118; 05-05-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Master of Shinobi

The disc swap does virtually zero harm if you do it right. The pickup has to keep seeking for 2 more seconds, which is bugger all in its lifetime. There's more strain put on the pickup by needing to read CDRs which may have weaker reflective properties.

If you are a complete total mongoloid who grabs CDs by holding them like a piece of paper, or you hold the motor down for seconds, or you SLAP the disc onto the CD tray... only then will disc swapping cause harm. But none of that is necessary to do a disc swap.

Thread Information