Quantcast

Thread: The history of konami's aliens arcade documentary

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default The history of konami's aliens arcade documentary

Ah, Alien. That was a movie. Today it is almost unimaginable to make a movie that can make such a cultural impact. I mean just look at how many video games it influenced.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Thatís because movies today are just so horribly written and rely on CGI to entertain the audience.

I had to quit watching the transformer movies, because the stories were just uninteresting.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Thatís because movies today are just so horribly written and rely on CGI to entertain the audience.

I had to quit watching the transformer movies, because the stories were just uninteresting.

Indeed.

Just the other night I was watching the Christopher Reeves' Superman movies and suddenly it struck me: no CGI beats these 70's-apollo-fake-moon-landings-wire-support-flying-special-effects!!

Till this day I don't think anyone has bettered David Copperfield in his "the flyer" magical stunt performed on stage.
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 05-21-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDriver View Post
    Indeed.

Just the other night I was watching the Christopher Reeves' Superman movies and suddenly it struck me: no CGI beats these 70's-apollo-fake-moon-landings-wire-support-flying-special-effects!!

Till this day I don't think anyone has bettered David Copperfield in his "the flyer" magical stunt performed on stage.
    Yeah, that was from an era when actors drew attention with their acting that they learned in acting school, but now they don't waste time learning to act but workout in the gym.
    I also watched recently a few scenes from Superman 3 when he goes bowling with some woman and her kid - I mean bowling like an ordinary guy. He had a human side, but in these new movies, he's always in costume, posing for his female fans.

When it comes to the movie "Aliens", I always wondered why they went to cryogenic sleep because it didn't seem to have passed that much time? We see those colonists at the beginning of the movie, and when the main characters arrive on the colonist planet, that little girl is still hiding in the crack of the wall and didn't seem to age at all.

Thread Information