Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega Man: Wily Wars - Retro-Bit Collector's Editon

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I pay for a copy that isnít over $50. I donít need a bunch of extras thatíll just sit in the box anyways. Itís certainly not worth an extra $20.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I'll parrot what some others have said in here. I really want this but I don't feel it necessary to spend so much for the extra content that I'll never enjoy after 20 seconds of opening the package. I'd much prefer a standard $30-40 version with just the Cart, Case, and Manual. Meat and potatoes are all I want anymore, I don't have room for fancy collector's editions anymore.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

I'm wondering if the MegaMan license was higher than the toaplan or prior releases and maybe they had to go "collectors" version to balance that out. Of course a cheap cost repro would be more affordable but so would just playing it off a flash cart. Glad to pick up an "offfical release" and yes I'm not a fan of the price either.
    Looking for the following
    Trouble Shooter Manual
    Elemental Master Manual/Case

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

FYI, Castlemania is carrying this also and if you have points in their rewards system, you can use those towards it. I got it for $10 off though them.

Got Shantae from them but I'm skipping this one thanks to this nonsense of useless gadgets rising the price.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I pre-ordered a copy. At least some of the money goes to Capcom and not a pirate.
    Mine came in a Capcom clamshell, a Capcom cartridge shell and a Capcom registration card. Does that count? lol

Seriously though, this a good point. I thought Retro-Bit did a good job with Zero Wing and I would like to see them continue to release products like this (Grindstormer please). Retro-Bit and Capcom making money would encourage more releases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    Same for me, I was looking for a cheaper standard edition, no need for the extras.

As for quality, anyone knows if retrobit releases are reliable regard carts (correct pcb thickness etc.)?
    I ordered it. I was also hoping for just a standard version. I only really want Clamshell, manual, cart.

I watched a RretroRGB video and Bob says the boards are made/designed by Rene at DBElectronics and he's sure the quality will be good.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I ordered it. I was also hoping for just a standard version. I only really want Clamshell, manual, cart.
    Same here. I have no use for the full collectors package, but I still ordered it since it was the only option.

Thread Information