Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man: Wily Wars - Retro-Bit Collector's Editon

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I pay for a copy that isnít over $50. I donít need a bunch of extras thatíll just sit in the box anyways. Itís certainly not worth an extra $20.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar

I'll parrot what some others have said in here. I really want this but I don't feel it necessary to spend so much for the extra content that I'll never enjoy after 20 seconds of opening the package. I'd much prefer a standard $30-40 version with just the Cart, Case, and Manual. Meat and potatoes are all I want anymore, I don't have room for fancy collector's editions anymore.
    Toys: PS5, PS3,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

I'm wondering if the MegaMan license was higher than the toaplan or prior releases and maybe they had to go "collectors" version to balance that out. Of course a cheap cost repro would be more affordable but so would just playing it off a flash cart. Glad to pick up an "offfical release" and yes I'm not a fan of the price either.
    Looking for the following
    Trouble Shooter Manual
    Elemental Master Manual/Case

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

FYI, Castlemania is carrying this also and if you have points in their rewards system, you can use those towards it. I got it for $10 off though them.

Got Shantae from them but I'm skipping this one thanks to this nonsense of useless gadgets rising the price.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I pre-ordered a copy. At least some of the money goes to Capcom and not a pirate.
    Mine came in a Capcom clamshell, a Capcom cartridge shell and a Capcom registration card. Does that count? lol

Seriously though, this a good point. I thought Retro-Bit did a good job with Zero Wing and I would like to see them continue to release products like this (Grindstormer please). Retro-Bit and Capcom making money would encourage more releases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    Same for me, I was looking for a cheaper standard edition, no need for the extras.

As for quality, anyone knows if retrobit releases are reliable regard carts (correct pcb thickness etc.)?
    I ordered it. I was also hoping for just a standard version. I only really want Clamshell, manual, cart.

I watched a RretroRGB video and Bob says the boards are made/designed by Rene at DBElectronics and he's sure the quality will be good.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I ordered it. I was also hoping for just a standard version. I only really want Clamshell, manual, cart.
    Same here. I have no use for the full collectors package, but I still ordered it since it was the only option.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Got this email 3 days ago,

"Hi there,

We know there are many people excited for the release of Mega Man: The Wily Wars but it has not arrived yet. We were originally hoping that it would have arrived by now but due to issues with containers and ports we don't have a guaranteed timeline yet but are hoping it will arrive before the end of November.

When we do receive more details we will be sure to post the information on our social media pages. "
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Master of Shinobi

What's the position of Sega regarding these "official" releases?

I mean, I guess they are not licensing those (as opposed to licensing Darius & M2's Tetris for the Mini) but they are ok with them (maybe as long as original developer authorizes those?).

AFAIK they have never licensed any game in cartridge form for the system since 2002, right ?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Sega basically says, "I won't give you an official license, but knock yourself out" to most of these projects.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

This is from CastleMania's support page:

Mega Man: The Wily Wars

*October 26th Update

Unfortunately these are delayed due to congestion at the ports. Retro-Bit's current estimate is for mid-December.

Road Rasher

Received my copy today!

The "limited" edition is 20,000!
    20,000!!!

Kinda surprised they could sell so many pre-orders. For comparison the SLG-edition of Panorama Cotton of 2,000 copies (800 EU + 1,200 US) still isnít sold out.

I think that makes it the best-selling "new" Mega Drive release, except for possibly Pier Solar and Paprium.

Considering these sales numbers I'm very hopeful that retro-bit will be motivated to re-release a lot more high-profile games!

The packaging and extras look great, but unfortunately there's a noticeable smell.

Had no time to play it so far.
    Last edited by Seingalt; 11-26-2021 at 03:59 AM.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seingalt View Post
    Received my copy today!

The "limited" edition is 20,000!
    20,000!!!

Kinda surprised they could sell so many pre-orders. For comparison the SLG-edition of Panorama Cotton of 2,000 copies (800 EU + 1,200 US) still isnít sold out.

I think that makes it the best-selling "new" Mega Drive release, except for possibly Pier Solar and Paprium.

Considering these sales numbers I'm very hopeful that retro-bit will be motivated to re-release a lot more high-profile games!

The packaging and extras look great, but unfortunately there's a noticeable smell.

Had no time to play it so far.

What kind of smell are we talking here, new car smell? Great you got yours, I pre-ordred 2 sets around the week they announced these, so hopefully I get mine soon.

Also, please share gameplay of the game when you can. Is the slowdown improved and stuff?
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

I forgot about this. Shipping notification received yesterday from funstock in the UK. Looking forward to it landing

Thread Information