Quantcast

Thread: Pier Solar gameplay question

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Question Pier Solar gameplay question

I am in the repeating screens maze of the Meho Rocks.

I know itís classic gameplay situation, like the original Legend of Zeldaís lost woods maze.

However Iím also quite stuck and not sure exactly what it needs to trigger the next sequence, itís a certain movement pattern apparently.

Does anyone remember this part and how to get past it, exactly? I did read a walkthrough description but it was still vague and I donít really want to watch vids of how to do it...

If I recall correctly, you need to take all routes on the three-way fork at least once, then go to the place in the middle with the statues. That should trigger the dialogue sequence.

This map was a typical case of "too many chefs spoil the soup" with two writers, one level designer (me), one scripter and possibly also one director working on it, so it didn't turn out perfect. However, I did manage to pull off my first case of "environmental storytelling" with the skull visible later on the map, which of course is a reference to that dialogue you are about to trigger. And about 10 years after I made that map, I got my first full-time job as a level designer, at Crackshell. So looking back at my first steps in this field is quite nice, despite the mistakes which were made .
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    If I recall correctly, you need to take all routes on the three-way fork at least once, then go to the place in the middle with the statues. That should trigger the dialogue sequence.

This map was a typical case of "too many chefs spoil the soup" with two writers, one level designer (me), one scripter and possibly also one director working on it, so it didn't turn out perfect. However, I did manage to pull off my first case of "environmental storytelling" with the skull visible later on the map, which of course is a reference to that dialogue you are about to trigger. And about 10 years after I made that map, I got my first full-time job as a level designer, at Crackshell. So looking back at my first steps in this field is quite nice, despite the mistakes which were made .
    I always thought it was nice having a so many people with similar interests in retro games working on one game across the world as it was said to be on Pier Solar, instead of the vibe Paprium Had that it was purely down to just one man Fonzie which there's nothing wrong with he certainly took the heat for it.

Zebbe quick related question Did you Hear of any cheat codes related to activating the Bonus Dragon riding minigame on the title screen without completing the game 1st? cheers

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

^If I recall correctly, I think the dragon mini game is unlocked when you reach it, in gameplay, which is towards the end of the game, I believe?

But along the lines of asking random questions like this, I always wondered/ hoped that the game-over screen might have a secret? I love it because it seems like they are dead and wandering around as ghosts. You get prompted to reset / load ur game. So I doubt that thereís any secrets here but I would love it if there was.

There were many people from all over the world working on Paprium too, but yeah, the team structure was very different with that game .

I don't know anything about cheat codes, but you can unlock it by picking up an "MD Cart" item in the Jungle (hint: it's sitting in a very fitting spot ) and saving the game with the item in your inventory to unlock it. You don't need to beat the game to do that, but the item can only be found at the end of the game though.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information