Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts on Yuji Naka?

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

I like SA from a nostalgia standpoint but it's not what I would call a good game but at the time felt amazing as the first proper 3D Sonic and showed off the DC's power compared to PS1/N64.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yuji Naka has not made a good game since Nights Into Dreams and even that was only decent, unless you count the 3D world in Sonic Jam.
    Mostly agreed. I did eventually come to enjoy Billy Hatcher, but that game could never have much mass-market appeal. Was Naka involved in the 3D world in Sonic Jam? I never got much into that because it was so incredibly limited and nothing to really do except wander to the different houses to watch a video or another one to play the games.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    I like SA from a nostalgia standpoint but it's not what I would call a good game but at the time felt amazing as the first proper 3D Sonic and showed off the DC's power compared to PS1/N64.
    For the time when it came out I consider it a great game. It represented the next step forward in 3D platformers and was well received by fans and critics. It's true it hasn't aged well, but you could say the same for most late 90s 3D games.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

He got arrested AGAIN! ROFL

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    For the time when it came out I consider it a great game. It represented the next step forward in 3D platformers and was well received by fans and critics. It's true it hasn't aged well, but you could say the same for most late 90s 3D games.
    It was not well received by me. I was expecting the platformer that was on showcase with the demo disc and at shows. I wasn’t expecting fetch quests with items that were hard to see, because of bad camera angles.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It was not well received by me. I was expecting the platformer that was on showcase with the demo disc and at shows. I wasn’t expecting fetch quests with items that were hard to see, because of bad camera angles.
    Fair enough, the camera was indeed atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    "they shipped us a NiGHTS editor, a level-based editor and our designers where familiarizing themselves with that, and after about two-weeks, Yuji Naka who was the designer of NiGHTS, and one of the original SonicTeam, had said "No".
    I’m willing to bet şat a Sonic game baſed on şe NIGHTS engine would’ve been better & more ſucceſsful şan what şey did end up putting out, which is noşing. :-Ş

Thread Information