Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fight for Vengeance

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Will the fighting engine be further developed? Is it something Mauro will share, or make additional games with? I'd love to hear what the engine is capable of. I've only seen examples on Master Linkuei's YT channel, and there was some functionality that was not utilized in Fight for Vengeance. (Mostly the faux sprite scaling, and VF2-style background parallax)

It would be fun to see what kind of stuff can be done with the engine.
    The further fate of this engine is not known to me and whether it will develop further. Here are all the questions for Mauro.

up

Walk speed and movement looks really weird. Is there an overview of modes? Does it have a vs/practice/arcade/survival mode? Is there a systems overview talking about how the game works? Super moves, special moves, combos, defensive/offensive mechanics?

With projects like this, I really wish the devs would reach out to community members to see if there are artists, designers, etc. that can help. Background art, character design, selection portraits, etc. There's lots of skilled, talented community members that I'm sure would have had wonderful suggestions/contributions.

I'm interested to learn more about this game. Is there a demo?
    Hello. We will post a demo version soon. About improving the graphics and everything else. I tried to solve this issue with the game developer, unfortunately I did not find understanding on his part and as a result was banned by him. Therefore, we have already completed our version of the game without the source code, but it now works perfectly on all consoles of the PAL region. The original unfortunately suffered from graphical glitches on PAL consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    There are Arcade, Versus & Training modes. I wasn't able to locate a demo. One of the guys who worked on this is also working on Insane Pain.
    We will post a demo version of the game in the near future.

Oh wow, it's two different games?! I thought this was that game. Oh boy...
    Yes, these are two different games. It's just that some of the fans from Fight for Vengeance moved to Insane Pain. But I think in the final version of the game all the backgrounds will be original.

Here they ask for a demo version of the game Fight for Vengeance. Hold it https://pscd.itch.io/fight-for-vengeance

I got it, played about 30 minutes. It's a bit of a mixed bag. I like that it exists, and I love that Mauro made a fighting engine. I'm concerned with how much it sounds and feels like Mortal Kombat, minus any of the polish.

There's an overview of my thoughts in the Sega-16 discord server. I'd love to talk to people about it!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert McValdemar's Avatar

I think Mauro has more stuff "in the making" with this engine and is constantly improving.
    For sure he's using it on Street Fighter I and Insane Pain.

Well, I think that it would be nice to "lick" your engine to the ideal from the very beginning, and not fight with problems during the development of other projects, since it will be necessary to add something else.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Thanks for the post, buddy.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

And so all the issues surrounding Insane Pain suddenly arenít much of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrobins09 View Post
    And so all the issues surrounding Insane Pain suddenly arenít much of a surprise.
    Well, I would say technical performance problems. I really like the backdrops there, but I don't like the blows of the fighter and the game engine itself.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

Iím referring to Oruamís attitude that bugs arenít his problem and if his games donít work on several types of console that itís an acceptable loss.

To date, Iíve enjoyed the games youíve sold immensely, and have purchased every one available so far.

Thread Information