Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fight for Vengeance

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    No one's being protected here. This a FORUM for discussion. We don't arbitrate external disputes here. No one broke forum rules, so requests for bans are unwarranted. The dispute in question did not occur on Sega-16 nor was the forum involved in any way. This is merely a place for people to discuss topics, and we're not judges here. Don't ask me to get involved in your personal business disputes. That's like asking the coffee shop your visiting to get involved because the person you're with stole your wallet earlier in the day. If you or anyone else is looking for that, then you're in the wrong place and I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.
    I didn't ask you for anything, no need to distort it. Mauro asked you to come and delete everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Greengh0st: No one is protecting anyone. Melf and I are simply making sure the conversation stays appropriate for the forum. If anything, removing the link protects you. We are fine allowing you both to sort it out here, but my question is, what is your goal? Because both your team, and Mauro have some blame here. Mauro for whatever miscommunication or timing that resulted in the wrong rom being published, and PSCD for ultimately publishing the game regardless. Months before the release, I personally told you the game was a mess. Delaying the game to sort things out with Mauro would have been the most reasonable course of action, but you and your team were also trying to meet deadlines, etc.

You and I actually had a conversation about this game and Mauro's engine in June of last year. I outlined all the things I noticed in the demo, and how the game was not ready for release. The final game feels nearly identical. I think there was a lot of work your team did to get the game running on all consoles, etc. which is commendable, but the major problem was that the game was certainly not in a final state. It was not moving well, playing well, hit stun was back, block stun was bad, animations were janky, backgrounds looked like placeholder art. That game was nowhere near ready for release. That was the time to sort this out with Mauro, regardless of prior misunderstandings or disagreements. If your goal is to put out good games for your customers, you have to do just that. That means hitting the brakes when your sitting on a game like Fight for Vengeance, and re-establishing communication with Mauro. If not him, then Linkuei, because someone has to look out for your and Mauro's reputation. Releasing the game in this state did nothing for you or Mauro.

If you guys care about fixing stuff, then fix it. Because there was some poor decision making on both sides of this project, but there's real people that paid real money for what you essentially tried to give away for free yesterday, and that is harmful and insulting to the people that supported the project. I completely understand why you and your team feel slighted/wronged, but that's neither here nor there. Your responsibility is to the people that backed or bought the game, and maintaining whatever relationship you need to keep with Mauro to complete the project is what needed to happen. As a publisher, you're going to run into this sort of scenario, especially in indi/homebrew dev. There needs to be stipulations, schedules, and a completely open line of communication that is monitored and maintained throughout the project's lifespan.

Last, you know I like PSCD, and I love the work you and your team are doing. I want you to be successful, and completely believe you can be. But, pulling out of what is literally the most important Sega Community in North and parts of South America is not wise. Especially over some misunderstanding about who or what we protect.

But just to make it crystal clear. I can only speak for myself, but Melf might agree, my goal at Sega-16 is to support and protect our community and the members in it. Sometimes from outside forces, and sometimes internally.

Ultimately, I want the community to be a place where people can talk about, discuss, share, and participate in discussions about Sega, and all the great stuff that still happens within the community. But we have to be cognizant of the way some interactions play out, and the well-being of the community needs to be our main focus.

You posting that rom could cause trouble for Mauro, possibly you, possibly Melf, and in turn, possibly Sega-16. I can't allow that. Certainly not when the option to just talk about it and try to sort it out is still on the table, which, regardless of what you and Mauro think, most certainly is.

I like having you here, I like having Mauro here, you're all part of our community, but trying to cast blame and hurl insults around is helping no one, but more importantly, is doing nothing to fix the game that is already in people's hands. That's where your focus should be. Negotiate some way to get the actual game to the people that bought the physical game, if that's possible.

SEGA-Jorge
    I can't help you in this situation. I have described well enough what Mauro did. He left slamming the door, leaving us with what we have. I don't see any point in returning to communicating with him, since I don't have a drop of confidence in him and not a drop of respect. I will give to all my customers who bought this game from us any other in return for this misunderstanding. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengh0st View Post
    I can't help you in this situation. I have described well enough what Mauro did. He left slamming the door, leaving us with what we have. I don't see any point in returning to communicating with him, since I don't have a drop of confidence in him and not a drop of respect. I will give to all my customers who bought this game from us any other in return for this misunderstanding. That's it.
    That's a totally reasonable way to handle it. It's unfortunate that the game turned out this way, but I hope PSCD can move on positively in spite of this negative experience.

SEGA-Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    That's a totally reasonable way to handle it. It's unfortunate that the game turned out this way, but I hope PSCD can move on positively in spite of this negative experience.

SEGA-Jorge
    We didn't pay attention to it until the last moment. but everything has a face.

We didn't pay attention to it until the last moment. but everything has a face.
    Hey mayn, I can say that most of the peeps here are good people, even Baloo. Lol

Speaking of PSCD moving on positively, myself and others are willing to throw money at your Resident Evil port. How is that bad girl coming along in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Hey mayn, I can say that most of the peeps here are good people, even Baloo. Lol

Speaking of PSCD moving on positively, myself and others are willing to throw money at your Resident Evil port. How is that bad girl coming along in the process?
    There is no need to invest anything in this project. Since his fate is still unknown, in the sense that he may be closed. Let's wait for the moment when everything is ready, and then everyone will be able to just throw us a donation. Now we have found a good artist for her. My goal is to make the game as attractive as possible. I've redrawn all the old locations and am moving on. We will definitely finish it by the end of the year, so be patient, and we will just try to do everything beautifully.

There is no need to invest anything in this project. Since his fate is still unknown, in the sense that he may be closed. Let's wait for the moment when everything is ready, and then everyone will be able to just throw us a donation. Now we have found a good artist for her. My goal is to make the game as attractive as possible. I've redrawn all the old locations and am moving on. We will definitely finish it by the end of the year, so be patient, and we will just try to do everything beautifully.
    I gots lots of patience. I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary of still NOT receiving my Investor's copy of Paprium. Take your time. Looking forward to this game. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    I gots lots of patience. I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary of still NOT receiving my Investor's copy of Paprium. Take your time. Looking forward to this game. 👍
    Thanks. Hopefully, as soon as they receive finances from the new kickstarter campaign, it is possible that some of this money will be used to deliver copies of the games to everyone they owe. Well, if not, then it is not clear why people give them money.

Guys, hello to everyone who is following our project. We have released a couple more videos. A lot of things have been added and changed. In the near future we will be busy adding new opponents and magic, after that there will only be a level design and release of the game.

In connection with the latest events, if it's not difficult for you to subscribe to our instagram, we have no problems with it yet and there we post news about the game, as well as our YouTube channel.

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/pscdgames/
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEM...vTv1dQfZaShvQg

Thread Information