Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appreciation for Lin Kuei's mortal Kombat improvements

Default Appreciation for Lin Kuei's mortal Kombat improvements

I've been watching his improvements and damn, he fixed the one thing I had a problem with, the character standing points. He raised them up and it looks so much better and comparable to the SNES version (the SNES version uses a thick bottom layer to push the characters higher on the screen). What's been added is great and I can't wait to see more. Awesome work sir.

Last edited by cabear; 08-11-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

His work on all of his projects has been incredible. Deserves more followers on you tube.

The OP video it's just a test, the real thing it's more like this.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Iíve been following this and itís really incredible work. I couldnít imagine this version back in 93!

Thank you guys!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Just beautiful. Great to hear this port sound as good as it does now. How big is the ROM with all these additions?

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    Just beautiful. Great to hear this port sound as good as it does now. How big is the ROM with all these additions?
    +/- 24Mb in the actual stage of the project (with all the new graphics, voices, bios and endings).
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Lord Hiryu's Avatar

One of the best hacks that I ever see in my entire life. All new additions are simply brilliant. The graphics, the sound....all of the pack is outstanding. LinkueyBR is one of the smartest guys on hacking. Keep going dude.

Nameless One

This project is exciting to watch, I"m always happy when a new video is posted. With every post and become more and more dissatisfied with my original cart, LOL.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Kanon's Avatar

It's a great project, my favourite thing on youtube right now. I'm specially happy about the font changes, and of course, the new voices.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Wow, very cool. I like how the music is not altered, the MD version's is a great OST in its own right, very smart choice.

How much more is there left to do, I can't wait to play a completed version.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Ermac! Hell yes!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

random thoughts

- Character select screen is a huge improvement. The old version had faces with a boring solid background for most of the characters. but now they all have themes. What's more, the faces have better details. I would imagine that unlike other hand drawn sprite artwork.. improving digitized art work with the limited color palette of the genesis must have been hard!

- Warrior shrine (the stage with the statues). Huge improvement. the original had skies that were way too blue. Also the characters actually stand in the path way instead of on the side of the pathway.

- Sub-zero's animation is fixed

- Courtyard is quite improved too. The old version covered up Shang-tsung's body, as if he was on a desk. the new one has him fully sitting like a throne. Also more temple detail. The monks now have a healthy skin color instead of looking like grey zombies

- Palace gates now has background (the mountain) and looks closer to the SNES version

- the pit. the bridge is now higher and you can see more detail of the columns as a result. sky is darker, not overly blue

i hope VCdecide does a comparison video so everyone can appreciate how much better these improvements are

Actually, there should be a thread for pretty much all of the work Linkuei has done for Sega games

Thank you so much guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjo View Post
    random thoughts

- Character select screen is a huge improvement. The old version had faces with a boring solid background for most of the characters. but now they all have themes. What's more, the faces have better details. I would imagine that unlike other hand drawn sprite artwork.. improving digitized art work with the limited color palette of the genesis must have been hard!

- Warrior shrine (the stage with the statues). Huge improvement. the original had skies that were way too blue. Also the characters actually stand in the path way instead of on the side of the pathway.

- Sub-zero's animation is fixed

- Courtyard is quite improved too. The old version covered up Shang-tsung's body, as if he was on a desk. the new one has him fully sitting like a throne. Also more temple detail. The monks now have a healthy skin color instead of looking like grey zombies

- Palace gates now has background (the mountain) and looks closer to the SNES version

- the pit. the bridge is now higher and you can see more detail of the columns as a result. sky is darker, not overly blue

i hope VCdecide does a comparison video so everyone can appreciate how much better these improvements are
    You have a really good eye!
    Some details will be improved a bit more Chev Chelios is helping a lot polishing and creating new art for the Chars, Throne Room and Goro's Lair.

At this point i pratically changed almost all the things in this game, even the controls i polished it to remove some frame delays and make some moves more to be easier to execute some Arcade Combos.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!

Thread Information