Quantcast

Thread: Want to hire: a pixel artist

Megadrive Want to hire: a pixel artist

Hi!

(Hope this is the right place to post this, if not ban me or something, thanks!)

I'm looking for a pixel artist to complete the remainder of the graphics of my Mega Drive/Genesis game, and if possible also polish my already drawn graphics so they look better. Another option for the latter is to tell me how it can be improved and I can do it myself, hopefully. The reason why I'm looking here is because I want an artist from within the scene, I just think it fits this project better and it would be easier to find someone knowing the graphical limitations of the console.

The game is a topdown action-RPG inspired by Gauntlet and Dungeon Explorer, called "The Viking & The Ninja", with 2 player co-op. I made a thread about it here, I haven't updated it in a few years though (maybe it's time for that?). Though I've worked on the game for a long time, the production hasn't been too intense until now.

The graphics to draw are mostly some sprites with a few animations and some tiles for already made tilesets. It's not too much actually. The stuff to polish are lots of sprites, tilesets and a few full screen cut scenes, for example fixing shadows and editing palettes. You don't have to do all of it, any work done is appreciated. You will of course get paid, but please let me know beforehand how much you want for any piece and how you'd like to be paid. You will have to sign an NDA prior to work. You can contact me by replying here or by sending me a private message.

Thanks in advance!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

If you are not a pixel artist but still interested to join, you can help out with level design instead. That's exactly how I started in video game development, when I joined Watermelon in 2008 to make maps for Pier Solar. And look at me today, full time level designer at Crackshell! The software we will work with is Tiled, a freeware tilemap editor. I'll lead you to make some exciting and beautiful levels! As for the pixel artist position, it will of course be paid and you'll have to sign an NDA prior to work. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried advertising on twitter or even on the spritesmind forum?

Good idea! Thanks!

Thread Information