Quantcast

Thread: Was the Sega Nomad released in Canada or US-only?

On NGC? No, DREAMCAST! ;D WCPO Agent GameX's Avatar

Default Was the Sega Nomad released in Canada or US-only?

Self-explanatory, but I can't find the answer documented online. Finally got a Nomad after so long (I bought an ATGames GenMobile in 2010, at the time (later sold) I couldn't afford the Nomad itself, which was $150ish, now more like double in 2021 heh. Later in 2010 I got Dreamcast, Genesis and now most of them (Check my signature)). Got it from eBay with battery pack, won an auction just under the average price (still super costly hehe). Nice. Never seen one in real life.

So it was released in North America, Toy'R'Us exclusive it seems, for $180 USD, but anyone can confirm if it had a Canadian release (probably) and the launch price in Canadian $ ?
    Collection:

NES [11/XX/90] N64 [12/25/03] GB [2003 or 2004] GBASP [2004] NGC [12/25/04] Wii [12/25/07] DS Lite [10/21/10] SNES [05/31/20] Switch [11/22/22]

GenMobile [05/XX/10 - 04/17/11] DC [07/23/10] GEN1HDG [10/25/10] Saturn Model 2 [04/24/11] GG [07/21/17] SMS [08/07/17] GEN2 [08/09/17] SCD2 [08/09/17] 32x [08/24/17] GEN3 [06/06/20] GENMini [06/10/20] Nomad (RGB) [08/22/21] GG Micro [10/05/21]

PS3 Slim 320 + PSMove [12/25/10] PS2 Slim [02/09/11] PS [04/24/11]

Xbox [04/24/11]

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Not to self-promote, but I maintain a list of console box variants on videogamesage, generally Sega released their Canadian boxes in dual language (EN/FR), and I've never found any non-English variants, so I'd guess it was a US-only release. Not definitive proof of course, but still worth noting

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billybob884 View Post
    Not to self-promote, but I maintain a list of console box variants on videogamesage, generally Sega released their Canadian boxes in dual language (EN/FR), and I've never found any non-English variants, so I'd guess it was a US-only release. Not definitive proof of course, but still worth noting
    Nice, is this pretty much on par with what is on SegaRetro as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Death Adder's minion

I'm from Canada, Québec and I bought one when I was young. Not sure it had dual language packaging, but it must be because it was sold at Wallmart.
    Not sure how much it was full price but I couldn't afford it but they were liquidating them so I had it for 50$.

Si je me rappelle bien, la Nomad avait été montrée à l'émission "Génération W" (nostalgie!) et c'est là que j'ai eu un intérêt pour avoir la console.
    Last edited by maringouin11; 09-19-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billybob884 View Post
    It was definitely released in Canada.

I bought one with a rechargeable battery pak both new from EB bitd.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

I am comfortable in thinking that the Nomad was sold in Canada but the box and the console itself is not any different than what was sold in the US. I was not able to find any indication of any labelling that was used on Nomads in Canada, neither was I able to determine if there were any paperwork inserts that were different. It is likely that someone imported the US Nomad for sale in Canada unchanged.

Thread Information