Quantcast

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The New York/PS5 is easy to get thread!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Galveston Texas got destroyed by a hurricane in 1900. Thousands of people were killed in what has been called the worst natural disaster in US history.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/30/56695...we-had-no-idea
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Prince Talmit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post

All of this global warming, they say, is caused by green house gasses, but that sure as hell didn't keep us from freezing our asses off down here in Texas, when temperatures dropped below 20 degrees
    So you have no understanding of green house gasses and their effects on climate. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    Please explain to me how more permeable surface area is going to do jack shit when the River is overflowing? Do you think the water that goes into the ground just goes into the dirt and stays there? It doesn't. Ground water eventually makes it's way back to the surface and eventually into rivers, streams, and other bodies of water.
    So you have little to no understanding of hydrology. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Talmit View Post
    So you have no understanding of green house gasses and their effects on climate. OK.
    So are you an expert in Meteorology? If so what are your credentials?

So you have little to no understanding of hydrology. OK.
    Then explain it please if you are an expert on the subject.

Sure having a lot of pavement doesn't help anything, but if you were actually paying attention to this situation you'd realize the flooding that was happening wasn't just in urban areas. It was happening in rural areas too. The reason is that even having plenty of green permeable ground space has it's limits. The ground eventually becomes saturated and the water still starts collecting and running off. Throw in that ground water will still eventually make its way into rivers, streams, etc. and you start to get a problem even in rural areas. Rivers can only hold so much water before they begin rising and expanding.

This is a situation that happens in my area frequently. Not because of climate change or "not enough permeable ground space." It happens because it's a fact of life of living in river valleys and natural flood planes, just as it's a fact of life of living on a shallow island that juts out into the Atlantic ocean.

Yeah, I understand the THEORY just fine. The only faqs they have to go by is the area around the ice caps raising by a degree every year or so. They donít take into account that the Earthís orbit around the sun isnít a constant, so they have no constant value from which to measure from.

If you were around during the explosion of Mount Saint Helens, you have a pretty good idea of what an environment for a green house effect would really look like.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Yeah, I understand the THEORY just fine. The only faqs they have to go by is the area around the ice caps raising by a degree every year or so. They donít take into account that the Earthís orbit around the sun isnít a constant, so they have no steady value from which to measure from.
    There's also the fact they changed and manipulated data from the 1940s to help fit their narrative.

Alex Kidd

Prince Talmit,
    It's good to see you posting again after a long while. I had thought maybe you were gone for good after that circular argument you had with Melf last time over the fact you tried to argue the points about how the Master System in the United States wasn't that popular back in March of 2018.

For those that missed it.

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...239#post808239

You seem to be following this trend again where you're stating something you feel is fact and when presented with evidence, you double down and just keep going with the same silliness. If you feel you want to go head to head with trekkies like you did with Melf then I won't stop you.

I'm just gonna sit here sipping my drink like Kermit the frog and watch you fall flat on your ass.

Such a nimrod I swear...
    05/05/15

If it makes any of you people feel better, and I deeply appreciate all you for your concern, but we have much bigger problems here in my state than just the weather.

And I'm not just talking about continuing to have the highest soul-crushing state taxes compared to most others in the union.

Or that the majority of voters in my state blindly vote for Democratic leaders who prove themselves to be narcissistic sexual-deviants and detrimentally incompetent leaders.

Or even more over that our only truly legitimate New York state NFL team, the Buffalo Bills, still haven't won a Super Bowl yet.

What our biggest problem is, has been, always will be: The God-damn Canadians.

I texted a friend who lives up in New York. He said that the river by his house swelled up within 10í of his house. That would have tested my nerves.

Itís funny that you mention the Canadians. Every year they come down to Montana for New Years, for our less expensive booze. Theyíre the biggest bunch of assholes. I remember one walking by our table and flipping my cousinís drink on his lap. The dude was gone, by the time my cousin stood up. Theyíre always looking for trouble when theyíre drunk.

So let's recap what's happened so far:

1) "OMG It's flooding in New York? Wtf how did this happen?"
    2) "That's what happens when you live in a flood plane or on an island that's barely above sea level and get hit by the remnants of a hurricane."
    3) "NOOOO! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE! YOU KNOW NOTHING AND ARE ALL THE STUPIDS!"
    4) BonusKun: "Can you all stop posting your feelings as facts."
    5) A brief moment of Silent Reflection.
    6) Suddenly, BLAME CANADA! <- You are here.
    Last edited by TrekkiesUnite118; 09-07-2021 at 05:14 PM.

I have a theory that Canada caused global warming.

I have a theory that Canada caused global warming.
    I blame the Dinosaurs, since apparently there was more Carbon in the air and higher sea levels in the Jurassic age.I also like to blame Aliens for turning the once lush rivers of Mars In to dust .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    Then explain it please if you are an expert on the subject.

Sure having a lot of pavement doesn't help anything, but if you were actually paying attention to this situation you'd realize the flooding that was happening wasn't just in urban areas. It was happening in rural areas too. The reason is that even having plenty of green permeable ground space has it's limits. The ground eventually becomes saturated and the water still starts collecting and running off. Throw in that ground water will still eventually make its way into rivers, streams, etc. and you start to get a problem even in rural areas. Rivers can only hold so much water before they begin rising and expanding.

This is a situation that happens in my area frequently. Not because of climate change or "not enough permeable ground space." It happens because it's a fact of life of living in river valleys and natural flood planes, just as it's a fact of life of living on a shallow island that juts out into the Atlantic ocean.
    I understand hydrology pretty well, and your description is accurate. Just because an area is green doesn't mean it will prevent runoff, a lot depends on the type of soil, how densely it's packed, etc. Of course, it would be better if we had fewer impervious surfaces and more riparian buffers around rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I blame the Dinosaurs, since apparently there was more Carbon in the air and higher sea levels in the Jurassic age.I also like to blame Aliens for turning the once lush rivers of Mars In to dust .
    Ok I admit I laughed at this...
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Prince Talmit,
    It's good to see you posting again after a long while. I had thought maybe you were gone for good after that circular argument you had with Melf last time over the fact you tried to argue the points about how the Master System in the United States wasn't that popular back in March of 2018.

For those that missed it.

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...239#post808239

You seem to be following this trend again where you're stating something you feel is fact and when presented with evidence, you double down and just keep going with the same silliness. If you feel you want to go head to head with trekkies like you did with Melf then I won't stop you.

I'm just gonna sit here sipping my drink like Kermit the frog and watch you fall flat on your ass.

Such a nimrod I swear...
    LOL yeah this "nimrod" has done so much more on here, you'll probably remember him as ZZBadnusty who was banned in the Paprium thread
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...l=1#post877209

Apparently he was temporarily banned and then created a new log in name:

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...l=1#post768846

He was also famous for creating a thread about the use of the word butthurt as an insult and then got .... butthurt ...lol

Thread Information