Quantcast

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The New York/PS5 is easy to get thread!

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Long time no see everybody! Climate change huh? The planet's been changing constantly now for the last 4 and a half billion years. I really wouldn't worry about it. China isn't, and neither are rich arseholes like Jeff Bezos. When people like him stop flying around on private jets and spaceships, all the while lecturing the rest of us on our 'carbon footprint', maybe, just maybe I'd start to give a tiny bit of a shit. Can't promise it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Long time no see everybody! Climate change huh? The planet's been changing constantly now for the last 4 and a half billion years. I really wouldn't worry about it. China isn't, and neither are rich arseholes like Jeff Bezos. When people like him stop flying around on private jets and spaceships, all the while lecturing the rest of us on our 'carbon footprint', maybe, just maybe I'd start to give a tiny bit of a shit. Can't promise it though.
    Exactly. I love the ones who look to lecture us whilst using the internet: The fastest growing sector for Carbon output there is and what next? Aliens to blame for Earth's 4 Ice AGES (or it could be SEGA Japan)

Mind you as a Catholic I for one welcome the world warming It means soon my Lord Jesus Christ will rise once again to save the world
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Exactly. I love the ones who look to lecture us whilst using the internet: The fastest growing sector for Carbon output there is and what next? Aliens to blame for Earth's 4 Ice AGES (or it could be SEGA Japan)

Mind you as a Catholic I for one welcome the world warming It means soon my Lord Jesus Christ will rise once again to save the world
    I'm not sure if you're serious or not with the last bit, so...alrighty then! Good to see you're still about TA. 👍

I'm not sure if you're serious or not with the last bit, so...alrighty then! Good to see you're still about TA. 👍
    I'm ripping the piss, but am a Catholic and believe in a 'GOD' If you really believe in human-made climate change, you'll give up the internet; The sector that's already overtaken cars for carbon output and soon to overtake all forms of transport, other than shipping which is never included

But the ones who say they care the most, love social media!!!
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Now, everyone is trying to force electric cars down our throats. I couldn’t even drive from Dallas to Houston, because the battery would be dead, by the time I’d arrived there. And nobody even thinks about all of the toxins that are within all of those batteries and the absurd amount of costs it would require to maintain them. It’s not like producing electricity is a totally clean process. Not all electricity is provided by hydroelectric and solar panels. We wouldn’t need coal if it was.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Now, everyone is trying to force electric cars down our throats. I couldn’t even drive from Dallas to Houston, because the battery would be dead, by the time I’d arrived there. And nobody even thinks about all of the toxins that are within all of those batteries and the absurd amount of costs it would require to maintain them.
    My Dad in his retirement goes and picks up Cars for dealerships in the area. A few months ago he had to go pick up a Tesla (I think?) from New Jersey and drive it back Central PA. He left New Jersey with it fully charged, it died just outside of Philly. There were no areas with the fast charges that worked with it near by so he had to do the slow charge at a hotel for about a day. He then left when it was full and it died again outside of Harrisburg. There he was lucky to find a fast charge that he could get it charged. He then got it most of the way back to State College before it was almost dead again. He was not impressed at all.

It’s not like producing electricity is a totally clean process. Not all electricity is provided by hydroelectric and solar panels. We wouldn’t need coal if it was.
    And then there's the one solution that produces a ton of energy and is actually very VERY clean. Nuclear Power. Unfortunately stupid people think the things are unsafe and that Chernobyl is going to happen with them, without understanding that the reactors we make in the US are incapable of having that kind of disaster. Even Three Mile Island wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, and reactors have made significant advances since the 70s.
    Last edited by TrekkiesUnite118; 09-09-2021 at 01:27 PM.

The issue is the Grid. There simply isn't enough juice to charge that many cars and not that fast either. We need Nuclear, clean and zero emissions, then yes we'd be all super in our ability to charge 24-7. Wind and solar cannot supply that. ASk california with their rolling brown outs as their grid is crippled by usage. Nuclear would make everything hum along.

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    The issue is the Grid. There simply isn't enough juice to charge that many cars and not that fast either. We need Nuclear, clean and zero emissions, then yes we'd be all super in our ability to charge 24-7. Wind and solar cannot supply that. ASk california with their rolling brown outs as their grid is crippled by usage. Nuclear would make everything hum along.
    From what I read and hear in the news, power supply issues are the least of California's problems.

Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    My Dad in his retirement goes and picks up Cars for dealerships in the area. A few months ago he had to go pick up a Tesla (I think?) from New Jersey and drive it back Central PA. He left New Jersey with it fully charged, it died just outside of Philly. There were no areas with the fast charges that worked with it near by so he had to do the slow charge at a hotel for about a day. He then left when it was full and it died again outside of Harrisburg. There he was lucky to find a fast charge that he could get it charged. He then got it most of the way back to State College before it was almost dead again. He was not impressed at all.

And then there's the one solution that produces a ton of energy and is actually very VERY clean. Nuclear Power. Unfortunately stupid people think the things are unsafe and that Chernobyl is going to happen with them, without understanding that the reactors we make in the US are incapable of having that kind of disaster. Even Three Mile Island wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, and reactors have made significant advances since the 70s.
    I was seriously pissed as much as Gamevet was when we had that ice/snowstorm in February here in Texas. The power grid literally couldn't take the load because a bunch of dumbasses thought that clean energy would sustain anything. Quite a few people died and a lot of people were caught with their pants down with no power.

I was mostly prepared since I knew the shit was coming so I had food for weeks on standby and was able to keep myself warm as well. When the weather cleared up there were a ton of places without power and people were out driving around trying to find stores that would be open anyways.

It was such a clusterfuck.

@stu, Yeah I was the one who banned him but I guess I never did my due diligence to see if he had multiple accounts. However even tho the rules are pretty concrete about multiple accounts, I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance with this one provided he doesn't do anything stupid like mouthing off to Melf like he did last time. I'm not a power tripping mod but like my friend rot would say, My generosity can only carry you so far before I decide that you're more trouble then you're worth.~
    05/05/15

Youtuber The 8-Bit guy had to leave his home, because he had no source of heat. When he returned, the pipes had bursted and leaked into his house. Those Air Turbines near Abilene were frozen and shut down. There are much improved ways to do nuclear energy. They’d spent billions on the Super Collider, just to prove a scientific theory. It could have been spent on Nuclear energy, but Texas is an oil state. They wouldn’t have any of that.
    Last edited by gamevet; 09-09-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

And nobody even thinks about all of the toxins that are within all of those batteries and the absurd amount of costs it would require to maintain them. It’s not like producing electricity is a totally clean process.
    So very true. No one also stops to think of the energy needed to produce, transport and install those good awful Windfarms or the issues of disposing of the solar panels either.
    I can't talk for the USA but I'm amazed that here in the UK we don't embrace Hydropower since we're surrounded by the sea and for as long as there's a moon we'll have high and low tides and so have a guaranteed energy supply not like with Solar or Wind

Why people think it's so much cleaner and better to rip up the environment for Windfarms is beyond me. I'm all for moving away from Coal To me, the UK be better off if looked to Hydropower and Nuclear to meet our energy needs
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    So very true. No one also stops to think of the energy needed to produce, transport and install those good awful Windfarms or the issues of disposing of the solar panels either.
    I can't talk for the USA but I'm amazed that here in the UK we don't embrace Hydropower since we're surrounded by the sea and for as long as there's a moon we'll have high and low tides and so have a guaranteed energy supply not like with Solar or Wind

Why people think it's so much cleaner and better to rip up the environment for Windfarms is beyond me. I'm all for moving away from Coal To me, the UK be better off if looked to Hydropower and Nuclear to meet our energy needs
    Wind power is a good source, and we have stores like Walmart (in certain cities) that boast about using it as an alternative to using the power grid to run their stores. It's just that they do have their downfalls, like when they froze up during an ice storm this year. I have nothing bad to say about solar power, because Texas has an abundant amount of sun rays for most of the year, and home owners can benefit from installing them to save massive amounts of costs, and even make money from using it as a source of energy for their homes. It's when things go south (like California and most of the Western region) that things like hydroelectric can become useless during a long drought. There is no backup plan, when their source of energy becomes scarce. Atomic energy isn't dependent upon mother nature to dictate its effectiveness. It's a clean resource, when managed properly.

Wind power is a good source, and we have stores like Walmart (in certain cities) that boast about using it as an alternative to using the power grid to run their stores. It's just that they do have their downfalls, like when they froze up during an ice storm this year. I have nothing bad to say about solar power, because Texas has an abundant amount of sun rays for most of the year, and home owners can benefit from installing them to save massive amounts of costs, and even make money from using it as a source of energy for their homes. It's when things go south (like California and most of the Western region) that things like hydroelectric can become useless during a long drought. There is no backup plan, when their source of energy becomes scarce. Atomic energy isn't dependent upon mother nature to dictate its effectiveness. It's a clean resource, when managed properly.
    I don't agree with Windpower sorry, but I'm all for moving away from Gas and Coal mind. I just feel that the only way the UK can meet its ever growing energy demands and have a secure and ready supply of energy is via Hydropower and Nuclear.
    I sadly can't see us moving away from our love affair with Oil from horrible countries like Saudi Arabia since we use so much Plastic and so far I don't see anything that can replace Oil use in Plastic, but I'm no expert and don't read up on such matters

Lack of rainfall is one issue Wales doesn't have to worry about thankfully, but why Solar isn't going to do great here LOL
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey
    I really wouldn't worry about it. China isn't
    China did sign the Paris agreement and has pledged to achieve carbon neutrality by 2060. Plus, they have the biggest EV market.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Now, everyone is trying to force electric cars down our throats. I couldn’t even drive from Dallas to Houston, because the battery would be dead
    Yeah, EVs don't seem to be the best solution because there are still like over a billion cars to be replaced, so perhaps the best solution is synthetic gasoline made from carbon capture from the air and hydrogen from the water mixed together into a fuel because then people wouldn't have to buy new cars and carbon would only circle around, instead of new carbon (and other pollutants) being dug up from the ground and pumped in the air. And you could also use that fuel to power all other gasoline vehicles like airplanes, ships, tractors...

See the video for more

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=253334429137207

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    And then there's the one solution that produces a ton of energy and is actually very VERY clean. Nuclear Power.
    Yeah, the new nuclear reactors which are very small, compact, don't pollute, and actually, eat nuclear waste that already exists, so no need for mining uranium. Although these are still in the developing stage, but people are working on them including Bill Gates.

See video for more info
    https://fb.watch/7WNuBIFibO/

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    China did sign the Paris agreement and has pledged to achieve carbon neutrality by 2060. Plus, they have the biggest EV market.
    Overlooking it's not a binding treaty, If you believe China you'll believe pigs can fly. This a pop at you, but I don't believe in China at all.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information