Quantcast

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 183

Thread: The New York/PS5 is easy to get thread!

  1. #136
    Master of Shinobi JCU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,671
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    It's not just consoles . Graphics cards have been had to get, even the lastest 2.1 HDMI Amps are super hard to get (and I really want a new one) hell in work we're short of blood tubes in my area there are issues with clothing and food products in shops. There's massive worldwide demand and huge issues with the world supply chain, not helped when you also had Iran playing war games in the shipping lanes and some idiot sailing the Ever Green Everything has just merged to make a 'perfect storm'

    While not a personal friend of mine. I knew someone who was able to have his mother (who worked in Tesco's) picked a Switch in 2019 when the stock was severely limited (when some were saying Nintendo was limited supply to help sell the Switch Light) and put it up on eBay and made 180 instant profit. Not many people will turn their back on that if they could have got a unit they never needed. That's even before the Pandemic started
    Here's something that no one ever bitches about when talking about reselling: Each and every brick & mortar store is "scalping" items but somehow the stores never get flak like the consumer who resells. Tesco's did it to your acquaintances' mum.

  2. #137
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,700
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    I'm sure his mom got an employee discount, since she worked there.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  3. #138
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,527
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Here's something that no one ever bitches about when talking about reselling: Each and every brick & mortar store is "scalping" items but somehow the stores never get flak like the consumer who resells. Tesco's did it to your acquaintances' mum.
    Well, I looked to blame the retailers. You can't really blame Tesco's but dedicated game sellers like Shopto and Game in the UK will have a record and know if you've bought consoles for them before and they're the people who should be 1st in line.


    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post

    Every console had supply issues the first 8 to 10 months, but you could at least have a chance of getting one, without being shady about it. And I said nearly a year. We are less than 2 months from the launch of the PS5 and Xbox series consoles.
    We have been in a pandemic too and you seem not to want to factor that in. There's a huge demand for all sorts of goods and retail not being able to meet demand. You know if we had eBay during the time of Optimus Prime or the Cabbage Patch Dolls you'll have people looking to cash in, whenthose were in short supply
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  4. #139
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,700
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    We have been in a pandemic too and you seem not to want to factor that in. There's a huge demand for all sorts of goods and retail not being able to meet demand. You know if we had eBay during the time of Optimus Prime or the Cabbage Patch Dolls you'll have people looking to cash in, whenthose were in short supply
    People did cash in on Cabbage Patch Dolls. They were selling for around $100. You act like a news paper didn't exist or something.

    This wasn't a problem with the PS2, even when Sony could only put out about 200K a month. You had to get off of the couch, go to your local retailer and if they had it in stock you were only allowed to purchase one console. I had some dude pay me $20 to stand in line, so he could (cough) buy a PS2 for his nephew. It's not like the guy could just pay off the store manager and take his entire lot of PS2s, like what people are able to do, using a bot to buy out inventory online.


    Retail doesn't even carry the items, because of the risk of theft and people fighting over the items is just easier to avoid by handling sale online.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  5. #140
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,527
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    People did cash in on Cabbage Patch Dolls. They were selling for around $100. You act like a news paper didn't exist or something.
    Excuse me. I've said it always happened that's the point I've been continually trying to make. The difference was we didn't have eBay back then and no internet for people making a big song and dance about it and trying to compare people who look to make a quick buck selling a console, to world matters of people dying for a lack of food or medication during a natural disaster

    SONY manufacturing of the PS2 was insane they were able to get a million in stock for the launch day in Japan and even then SONY had some months of issues with supply, but it was nothing like the stock issues Xbox 360 had for its 1st 6 months or the poor stock that SEGA was able to muster for the DC in Japan. I bet some that staff in the likes of game and the like are using the stock they get and listing them on Ebay and many online retailers also limit stock to one buyer, but it's so easy many people find ways around it.

    Like I said you seem not to want to factor in the demand for goods during a Pandemic which has caused all sorts of issues for stock and goods the world over and continues to cause major issues even today not helped with a worldwide issues of semiconductors supply, but even with that, I'm sure MS and SONY have made more consoles available in their 1st year than any previous console launch 1st year launch in their history.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  6. #141
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,980
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    TA -.-
    05/05/15

  7. #142
    The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    1999
    Posts
    5,577
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    I have legit deep-rooted hatred for those Wata and Goldin Auctions cunts. Waste of oxygen all of them. I may say a lot of shit but it is truly rare when I actually hate people and I mean really hate.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?

    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  8. #143
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,700
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Excuse me. I've said it always happened that's the point I've been continually trying to make. The difference was we didn't have eBay back then and no internet for people making a big song and dance about it and trying to compare people who look to make a quick buck selling a console, to world matters of people dying for a lack of food or medication during a natural disaster

    SONY manufacturing of the PS2 was insane they were able to get a million in stock for the launch day in Japan and even then SONY had some months of issues with supply, but it was nothing like the stock issues Xbox 360 had for its 1st 6 months or the poor stock that SEGA was able to muster for the DC in Japan. I bet some that staff in the likes of game and the like are using the stock they get and listing them on Ebay and many online retailers also limit stock to one buyer, but it's so easy many people find ways around it.

    Like I said you seem not to want to factor in the demand for goods during a Pandemic which has caused all sorts of issues for stock and goods the world over and continues to cause major issues even today not helped with a worldwide issues of semiconductors supply, but even with that, I'm sure MS and SONY have made more consoles available in their 1st year than any previous console launch 1st year launch in their history.

    Your argument falls apart, because Sony has shipped/sold 10 Million PS5 consoles. That's hardly a shortage, because the reality is that people are hording the console to flip on ebay and Craig's list.

    Even with Sony having (severe) supply issues with the PS2, my fucking ass could walk into Toys R Us (on any given day) and happen to stumble upon a restock of the console. Which is exactly what happened when a dude payed my $20 to stand in line for him, so he could purchase a second PS2 to flip. The stores weren't allowing one asshole to buy out the whole shipment of consoles for himself.

    This guy put together an article, talking about how many PS5s were just collecting dust and came to the conclusion that around 2.65 million PS5s were not sold to gamers. Those 2.65 million units were being held by resellers and that number has probably grown. That's over 25% of the sold units not being bought by gamers, because scalpers are sitting on the hardware to resell for massive profits. https://deceitfuldata.medium.com/at-...d-5852e1afd28b
    Last edited by gamevet; 09-23-2021 at 10:27 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  9. #144
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,527
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Your argument falls apart, because Sony has shipped/sold 10 Million PS5 consoles. That's hardly a shortage, because the reality is that people are hording the console to flip on ebay and Craig's list.
    I've never read such a baffling statement. 10 million units aren't good enough if more people want the product and if there wasn't any shortage they'll be no huge markup on eBay. Yet again you seem not to want to factor in the impact the Pandemic has had on demand and supply with more people than ever turning to games to help with lockdown and in the run up to Christmas I'm sure consoles are on a lot of people want list, which will only add to the demand.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  10. #145
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,700
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I've never read such a baffling statement. 10 million units aren't good enough if more people want the product and if there wasn't any shortage they'll be no huge markup on eBay. Yet again you seem not to want to factor in the impact the Pandemic has had on demand and supply with more people than ever turning to games to help with lockdown and in the run up to Christmas I'm sure consoles are on a lot of people want list, which will only add to the demand.
    Did you conveniently overlook the article about over 2.65 million PS5 consoles being held onto by resellers? And that was back in May.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  11. #146
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,527
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    You seemed to overlook issues with demand for the 360, never mind the issues thanks to the pandemic and the huge demand for electronic goods . Isn't the white house holding an emergency meeting over the shortages of semi conductors and circuits?

    That isn't down to people hoarding on eBay
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  12. #147
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    The simple fact that the likes of TA are conveniently ignoring is that in order to "try" and get one's hands on either a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S right now, you have to buy it online where, you are up against unscrupulous, shady resellers who use bots to buy probably 5-10 consoles at a time. Compare this with how it used to be in the "good old days" where you actually had to get off your fat ass and go down to the store at the crack of fucking dawn to line up to be able to have a chance of buying either a PS2 or Xbox360 or any other fucking game system for that matter. This online only bullshit with ALL RETAILERS has to stop. Its not only on Ebay that this Bullshit is happening, its on Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Target ALL OF THEM ARE DOING IT, so please stop repeating that same tired crap, TA.
    I've read that Best Buy are preparing for people to be able to go in to the store and actually buy one of these new systems for the 1st time in nearly a year. Hopefully that will help fuck over the shithead resellers since they won't be able to send a bunch of fucking bots to buy up the store's entire fucking allocation of consoles.


    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Your argument falls apart, because Sony has shipped/sold
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    10 Million PS5 consoles. That's hardly a shortage, because the reality is that people are hording the console to flip on ebay and Craig's list.

    Even with Sony having (severe) supply issues with the PS2, my fucking ass could walk into Toys R Us (on any given day) and happen to stumble upon a restock of the console. Which is exactly what happened when a dude payed my $20 to stand in line for him, so he could purchase a second PS2 to flip. The stores weren't allowing one asshole to buy out the whole shipment of consoles for himself.

    This guy put together an article, talking about how many PS5s were just collecting dust and came to the conclusion that around 2.65 million PS5s were not sold to gamers. Those 2.65 million units were being held by resellers and that number has probably grown. That's over 25% of the sold units not being bought by gamers, because scalpers are sitting on the hardware to resell for massive profits. https://deceitfuldata.medium.com/at-...d-5852e1afd28b


    Somebody .. for the love of god... rep this post. I can't.
    Last edited by stu; 09-24-2021 at 01:27 AM.

  13. #148
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,700
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    You seemed to overlook issues with demand for the 360, never mind the issues thanks to the pandemic and the huge demand for electronic goods . Isn't the white house holding an emergency meeting over the shortages of semi conductors and circuits?

    That isn't down to people hoarding on eBay
    You're grasping at straws by bringing up the Xbox 360 as a comparison. It wasn't supply constrained some 10 months after launch.

    The semiconductor shortages for cars is a real deal, but you have to consider why that is a problem. I had heard that Ford has a vehicle that requires 3,500 chips to run all of its features, which is way beyond what the Xbox Serie X and PS5 require. That isn't even comparable. Taiwan is also going through a massive water shortage, that has limited the production of semiconductors, but that hasn't limited the supply of CPUs from AMD, or GPUs either. Nvidia and AMD's GPUs are going through shortages because of cryptocurrency miners buying them up, but production has been at an all-time high. Production shortages are not the reason why GPUs are hard to find.


    The pandemic was a big deal last year, with people being forced to stay at home for most of that year. A lot of people have gone back to working at their offices, so they aren't stuck at home, like they were the previous year. Hell, even NFL stadiums have been filled to full capacity for the past 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure that most professional sports events have been too.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  14. #149
    The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    1999
    Posts
    5,577
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    I don't remember 360 ever being in short supply. We always had loads in the back. They sold well but we often got new stock. Wii's we got 3-4 units in sporadic shipments. PS3's sat and sat and sat. I remember a time used Gamecubes and PS2's we sold more in a week than PS3 in a month. When the 360 Elite happened is when they had some high demand but still not Wii levels.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?

    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  15. #150
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,527
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You're grasping at straws by bringing up the Xbox 360 as a comparison. It wasn't supply constrained some 10 months after launch.

    The semiconductor shortages for cars is a real deal, but you have to consider why that is a problem. I had heard that Ford has a vehicle that requires 3,500 chips to run all of its features, which is way beyond what the Xbox Serie X and PS5 require. That isn't even comparable. Taiwan is also going through a massive water shortage, that has limited the production of semiconductors, but that hasn't limited the supply of CPUs from AMD, or GPUs either. Nvidia and AMD's GPUs are going through shortages because of cryptocurrency miners buying them up, but production has been at an all-time high. Production shortages are not the reason why GPUs are hard to find.


    The pandemic was a big deal last year, with people being forced to stay at home for most of that year. A lot of people have gone back to working at their offices, so they aren't stuck at home, like they were the previous year. Hell, even NFL stadiums have been filled to full capacity for the past 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure that most professional sports events have been too.
    I said that with the 360 going to March 2006 you couldn't just walk into a shop and by the system and that was with no issues over a pandemic or semi conductors.

    You seem not willing to accept the issue of a world wide problem and the world still affected by the Pandemic. It's isn't just about silly consoles, but it's affecting Hi Fi equipment, mobile phones, PC graphics cards, TVs, Cars Ect

    There's a reason why the White House is holding a emergency meeting and the UK had Cobra meetings. There's a worldwide issue of supply not being able to meet demand.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •