Quantcast

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What is happening in New York?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I'll just post this here, because it appears that fusion energy is starting to make waves.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Ask Viewpoint, oops I mean BonusKun, surely he can provide you with evidence to support his repeated accusation that I'm a scalper.
    Axel, I'm not calling you a bad seller so please don't take it that way. In fact I'm pretty sure you have a solid reputation for your sales or you'd probably be in a lot of trouble so I think you're misunderstanding the word "Scalper" with "Scammer".

They're two totally different things so I feel a bit silly having to point out the difference in these two words.

A "Scammer" would be someone who has delivered a product that wasn't what they represented it to be or stole money from someone in an attempt to do dishonest business. That is what you're not so please understand that a bit more clearly.

A "Scalper" is someone who attempts to profit off the market by usually buying up new stock of stuff like consoles, graphics cards, etc and resells them at insanely high prices to people who are either not patient or stupid with their money to realize that they along with the Scalpers are part of the problem when it comes to people honestly trying to buy these things at suggested retail prices.

The PS5 has been out almost a year and Sony has reported around 10 million units shipped and yet nobody can even walk into a retail store and buy one because guys like you either uses bots or buying services that literally choke the market to death where an average person can't walk into a store to purchase these products because they are being hoarded by people who only care about how much extra money they'll make.

The excuses I've heard range from, "I'm doing this to help my family" or "These people are thankful to me because their little Timmy will be able to play the new Call of Duty or Madden this Christmas." or "I'm providing a service to help people out who have the most money." which is honestly the biggest bullshit excuse out of all of them.

This kinda crap really exploded with the NES Classic Edition and it only got worse & worse as time went on. There needs to be a more proactive way to stop this from happening because while Sony has indeed shipped a lot of PS5s, the #s have also shown that not as many software sales have even nearly matched up with that since most people who bought multiples of these things aren't buying games or accessories because there's no profit in it for them.

This is of course a very bad thing for Sony as they depend on those software sales to offset the cost of the console as it's known that consoles are usually sold at a loss or barely break even when it comes to manufacturing these things.

So yeah like I said before, I don't think you're a dishonest seller.

I just don't agree with what you do for a living because it's just a gross way to do business.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 09-15-2021 at 02:50 PM.
    05/05/15

A spade is a spade; No amount of dressing it up will change what it is. There are millions of PS5s and Xbox Series X consoles collecting dust in scalpers homes, waiting for fools to pay them a 30% plus markup to get their hands on the hardware. Meanwhile game publishers are losing money, because gamers that should have had consoles in their hands, arenít buying software for something they donít have. Scalping hurts everyone, except for the vultures preying on the desperate. I have no respect for that.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Oh and before I forget this little gem..

He's a humorless nerd who's entire life revolves around videogame forums.
    You do realize this is a Video game forum right? And while I'd like to be able to enjoy it more I sadly have a ton of real life commitments that being an adult forces me to deal with. As far as that I can say I was into gaming since 1978 since growing up as a military brat as a kid, I was moving around a lot so I at the time didn't have a huge list of friends due to me always never staying in one place. The friends that I have which while isn't a ton I enjoy talking to and sharing this hobby with make up for that issue.

Trying to call me a "nerd" here of all places is just shortsighted and callus since you've made it a point to profit off these said nerds so maybe think that your customers who might read what you're saying would probably think twice about doing business with you.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    A spade is a spade; No amount of dressing it up will change what it is. There are millions of PS5s and Xbox Series X consoles collecting dust in scalpers homes, waiting for fools to pay them a 30% plus markup to get their hands on the hardware. Meanwhile game publishers are losing money, because gamers that should have had consoles in their hands, arenít buying software for something they donít have. Scalping hurts everyone, except for the vultures preying on the desperate. I have no respect for that.
    The B&M stores could easily squash the scalpers yet making the profit is all that matters.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

We need Mr Fusion from Back to the Future 2 to power our cars.

I also want a Pitbull hoverboard.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    The B&M stores could easily squash the scalpers yet making the profit is all that matters.
    Walmart was, until last holiday season when their own employees were buying up, or stealing the hardware. They arenít making anymore profit from selling it online, or in the stores. They could easily circumvent people buying mass quantities by using an email service, where the buyer has a minimum amount of time to purchase the item, before letting the next in line have a crack at it. Bots keep legit buyers from even having a chance to check out, once they have put an item in their cart. At least EVGA used itís loyalty program, in that matter, to offer the new cards to their loyal customers, using the system I described above.

I wouldn't be surprised if as a reaction to this we see the PS4 and Xbox One's life extended a bit as developers pivot to make games cross-gen along with more PC and Switch releases to try and get some sales.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    ~wall of bullshit snipped
    No, I don't do this for a living, in fact I'm mostly retired now although I still have my post at the university.
    But you knew that, didn't you?

I buy consoles either to play the games or just to tinker and mod them, nothing more.
    Usually when I get bored with one I'll give it away to one of my nephews, occasionally I might put something on eBay.
    Am I the only one who's not allowed to sell stuff at market value?

Do keep making up stories though - that's where the true humor lies

Switch

You do realize you're only making yourself look like an ass to folks by just dodging the comments made.

Remember sir you were the one who admitted you were scalping as a "Service" *Dr. Evil Air Quotes* so at least own up to it.

I understand when presented with facts and logic some people just try and dodge or put up emotes trying to hide from the direct comments made at them. Maybe if you actually addressed the points instead of hiding from them you might have more people who would empathize with you.

Mind you Axel, I don't hate or dislike you as a person seeing as I don't know you enough as a person in real life but your posturing here isn't a great look.

You keep saying I'm making up stories but stu has direct quotes from you that unless you're lying that pretty much what me and a few other folks have said is true.

Walmart was, until last holiday season when their own employees were buying up, or stealing the hardware. They arenít making anymore profit from selling it online, or in the stores. They could easily circumvent people buying mass quantities by using an email service, where the buyer has a minimum amount of time to purchase the item, before letting the next in line have a crack at it. Bots keep legit buyers from even having a chance to check out, once they have put an item in their cart. At least EVGA used itís loyalty program, in that matter, to offer the new cards to their loyal customers, using the system I described above.
    I remember an RTU video where Rich mentioned that when Walmart at one point did put a lock on bots trying to buy up systems they clocked in around 20 million attempts from bots to buy PS5s in about an hour. That's just disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if as a reaction to this we see the PS4 and Xbox One's life extended a bit as developers pivot to make games cross-gen along with more PC and Switch releases to try and get some sales.
    This honestly would not surprise me as Horizon Zero Dawn is already coming out on PS4 and PS5 as a 10 dollar upgrade. Right now people are buying Xbox Ones and PlayStation 4s because there literally isn't any way for your average consumer to get ahold of these next gen consoles at a fair price.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 09-15-2021 at 05:31 PM.
    05/05/15

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

This thread was a fun read. Glad to see you guys never change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    This thread was a fun read. Glad to see you guys never change.
    Hey Matthews! How have you been dude? I was wondering where you vanished to!
    05/05/15

Master of Shinobi

You keep saying I'm making up stories but stu has direct quotes from you that unless you're lying that pretty much what me and a few other folks have said is true.
    He took that out of context -- that thread wasn't even about gaming consoles, it was about purchasing hand sanitizer during the first wave of Covid.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    He took that out of context -- that thread wasn't even about gaming consoles, it was about purchasing hand sanitizer during the first wave of Covid.
    If he did then I apologize for that. Unlike some people I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. I still don't agree with the providing a "service" stance when it comes to items that shouldn't be hard to obtain. The covid mess with shit like toilet paper and whatnot was just stupid to begin with as people panicked and lost their fucking minds.

Oh and while some people are thinking otherwise that while you & me aren't seeing eye to eye, I'm not a douche to go out and ban you just because I don't agree with you.

As long as you follow Melf's rules then everything is fine.
    05/05/15

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Hey Matthews! How have you been dude? I was wondering where you vanished to!
    Lol ... well, I decided to take a little break from all the "idea-sharing" and "spirited debates" that were so prevalent on the site a year ago, and it ended up lasting a little longer than I expected.

I'm honestly glad to see that all the cool people are still around, though!

Thread Information