Quantcast

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The New York/PS5 is easy to get thread!

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Lol ^

I dunno, the way we’re going, I think we might be better off if California just slipped into the ocean and was never heard from again.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post

Enlighten yourself before you claim something is false. While I might not agree with the price, these places are well known and have been staples on television for decades yet are also getting in on the high price increases.

https://www.shophq.com/Product/plays...sories/501-385

https://www.shophq.com/Product/xbox-...sories/501-387

https://www.qvc.com/Sony-Playstation...tml?sc=NAVLIST

https://www.hsn.com/products/playsta...es-kit/9962049
    LOL I'm sorry I thought you said "reputable online sellers" not shitty infomercial TV channels selling over priced crap to suckers and conning them in to using the Easy Pay option that requires a hard credit check. I had found a few more examples to show but it seems we have different ideas of what constitutes a "reputable online seller", so I'm not going to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Do me a favor - instead of typing all this out, please make a video of yourself saying the same comments.
    I'd like to make a meme of you but it just won't be the same without seeing you gnashing your teeth and turning red in the face.
    Sure of course I can Axel, for a fine, upstanding fella like you, be my pleasure. I'm afraid my microphone is kinda crappy so make sure you turn your volume up or you won't hear me. Sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Z7zEc7AXQ

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Go Troll somewhere else Axel! The stench of your bullshit is stinking up the forums.
    LOL I thought I smelt something, its either his bullshit or his butthurt ..lol

No offense, but the only reputation Home Shopping Network has is selling overpriced junk to dumb soccer moms. And they don’t have a clue about the value of the hard earned dollar their poor husbands earned. They’re known as simps.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gamevet again.

Last edited by stu; 09-18-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Master of Shinobi

Go Troll somewhere else Axel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    If Axel scalps and freely admits he'd scalp basic needs items in emergencies. Scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Sure of course I can Axel, for a fine, upstanding fella like you, be my pleasure.
    Oh look, my fans are here

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

^ Never even really noticed you until this thread. You're so forgetable.

Stop being such a fucking drama queen, I accused you of nothing, just pointed out HYPOTHETICALLY that you'd likely be in a lot of shit if you ever tried that. Do you not understand the meaning of "if"

Yeah and if they did actually get off their lazy fat asses and did something people like you would be bitching and whining that "Big Government" was overstepping their bounds and interfering in the "FREE MARKET!!" If you'd bothered to read the link you would of seen links to the state websites that you can report the scalpers to. The government likes their tax money, the don't like other people profiting more from the gas than they do, they'd probably let the scalping go on if they could just tax the scalpers fully.

Bully for you, what do you want? a fuckin gold star? So I should be glad that you don't practice the bullshit, retarded and wholly immoral practices of scalping that you so strongly support and defend. Here you go *Slow Clap*

What "reputable online retailers" are you talking about? Amazon has this listed on their website for $934.00, and its fucking pre-owned ...lol https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-5...8ZFN8YHH&psc=1
    and it is sold by some shady reseller. Hmm lets take a look at some of the reviews - 1 star - Scalpers are trash - https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B08ZFN8YHH and another 1 star - Bad Bad Bad - https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B08ZFN8YHH

Best Buy are showing out of stock *obviously* and at the RRP of $499.99 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pl...?skuId=6426149
    I have seen Walmart doing it. Highest I saw was 1100 once. However much like Amazon it's a third p[arty https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Play...ller/759182028

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

If someone has the money to purchase a PS5/XSX (if found in a store) at MSRP and flip it for a large profit, most would do it even if they won't admit such a thing.
    Too true. If I could pick up a few PS5 and sell each one for £300 to £400 profit I would. Like I said it's not new, it happened with the 360 with eBay even saying it would take action in the UK after it appeared on the BBC's Watchdog LOL. I remember it happened with the Japanese Dreamcast where some importers were asking way over the odds for a unit, the same happened with SF II on the Snes with importers asking over £100 for the import. The only real new thing, is how long it's gone on for... but that's not down to people like Alex. It's down to issues in the supply chain and because so many people have been locked up in the house, there's unprecedented demand for electrical items and gaming systems. I highly doubt the shortage of graphics cards is down to people buying huge numbers to sell on eBay.

I'
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Too true. If I could pick up a few PS5 and sell each one for £300 to £400 profit I would. Like I said it's not new, it happened with the 360 with eBay even saying it would take action in the UK after it appeared on the BBC's Watchdog LOL. I remember it happened with the Japanese Dreamcast where some importers were asking way over the odds for a unit, the same happened with SF II on the Snes with importers asking over £100 for the import. The only real new thing, is how long it's gone on for... but that's not down to people like Alex. It's down to issues in the supply chain and because so many people have been locked up in the house, there's unprecedented demand for electrical items and gaming systems. I highly doubt the shortage of graphics cards is down to people buying huge numbers to sell on eBay.

I'
    Those people are using bot software to attain these consoles. You pretty much have to pay the developer of the software @ $35 to use it to abuse the system. Legit buyers don't stand a chance to even purchase a unit of hardware, without said software. The 360 and Dreamcast situation isn't even in the same ballpark. I would never support the developers of that software, or use such a dirty tactic to line my pockets. It's just a pure scum move, no matter how it's being spun.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

LOL I'm sorry I thought you said "reputable online sellers" not shitty infomercial TV channels selling over priced crap to suckers and conning them in to using the Easy Pay option that requires a hard credit check. I had found a few more examples to show but it seems we have different ideas of what constitutes a "reputable online seller", so I'm not going to waste my time.
    The opinion you hold does nothing to negate the fact that retailers are selling the console(s) for double the price and beyond. Play-Asia has the console for availability at a high price. It's out there. The console could be had by options beyond that of the typical scalper of goods.

What exactly are you arguing again?

The name of the game is money. Everyone wants it. Everyone needs it. The lure of easy and legal money is very appealing. Does it really make a difference if you sell a current gen console for 40% over MSRP or a pack of Sanrio A.C. cards for the same percentage?
    Last edited by JCU; 09-18-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Master of Shinobi

The opinion you hold does nothing to negate the fact that retailers are selling the console(s) for double the price and beyond. Play-Asia has the console for availability at a high price. It's out there. The console could be had by options of the typical scalper of goods.

The name of the game is money. Everyone wants it. Everyone needs it. The lure of easy and legal money is very appealing. Does it really make a difference if you sell a current gen console for 40% over MSRP or a pack of Sanrio A.C. cards for the same percentage?
    Exactly this. The MSRP has little bearing on the selling price. When a console is in high demand, it sells for more. When demand is low, you see it go on sale at a lower price. This is kind of obvious to anyone who thinks about it, but for some reason people who have no problem with a retailer cutting prices during low demand become apopletic when the opposite occurs.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post

I have seen Walmart doing it. Highest I saw was 1100 once. However much like Amazon it's a third p[arty https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Play...ller/759182028

Yeah I saw that one too. Most of the online retailers that I looked at have got shady resellers selling the stock that I suspect they grabbed using the bots software and are selling them through Amazon/Walmart/NewEgg etc. Those shady resellers are the ones that are causing this gouging. Well its going to suck for some people this Christmas thats all, pity all the parents who are going to get hosed trying to by a PS5/XSX/XSS for little johnny this christmas, but people have got plenty of COVID stimulus money this year so that can spooge it all over those.
    Luckily I don't give a shit about any of the new consoles, haven't bought PS4/Xbone and won't be getting the new ones either. I think spending my hard earned on upgrading my PC and ignoring this bullshit is what I'm going to do.

The opinion you hold does nothing to negate the fact that retailers are selling the console(s) for double the price and beyond. Play-Asia has the console for availability at a high price. It's out there. The console could be had by options beyond that of the typical scalper of goods.

Again the majority of the online places I looked it is shady 3rd party sellers using the Walmart/Amazon/Newegg online marketplaces to flog their overpriced stock having first used bot software to attain all the available stock at the RRP. Don't know about Play-Asia, maybe they are doing the same thing as the shady 3rd parties are doing. Who knows. Neither Amazon or Walmart have the console listed under their own retailer name, only the shady scalper resellers.
    Last edited by stu; 09-19-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Those people are using bot software to attain these consoles. You pretty much have to pay the developer of the software @ $35 to use it to abuse the system. Legit buyers don't stand a chance to even purchase a unit of hardware, without said software. The 360 and Dreamcast situation isn't even in the same ballpark. I would never support the developers of that software, or use such a dirty tactic to line my pockets. It's just a pure scum move, no matter how it's being spun.
    Not all are using bots and that's to overlook there's nothing stopping anyone using bots themselves to try and get hardware rather than spend loads on eBay . We had seen it before on the 360, never mind how some UK importers were looking for £2,000 for a DC in 1998. Where for the DC it took SEGA Japan until march 1999 to sort out its supply issues and 2k in 1998 was an isane amount of money to ask for a console (I get importing is much different mind) and with MS UK it was finally enough March of 2006 before you could walk in a shop and pick up a 360 with no issues, unless you paid loads on Ebay
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4462744.stm

Today it's made all the worse due to lock down and people looking for entertainment products SONY and MS looking to limit production of the old consoles and not even look to cut their price either. So for many people there even more of a reason to go next gen but there's a worldwide shortage of semi conductors and whatnot, which is affecting many industries . I was amazed when my Printer bust and my local Argos had no stock of Printers, I've never known it

Exactly. If I knew someone who was getting rid of old rare games and systems and only wanted £50. I'll pay that and be listing the games straight away on eBay. If I was able to get spare PS5's they'll be straight up on eBay. I was gutted I couldn't get the Halo Series X, but I look to blame MS far more for that issue. It's not just games either, It happens with music tickets, football tickets ECT I mean the price for a ticket in Wembley for the Euro final was going for insane amounts of money and I'm gutted that we weren't able to get NFL tickets this year Speaking of which I bet Superbowl tickets get some money in the USA for various action sites
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-19-2021 at 04:15 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Not all are using bots and that's to overlook there's nothing stopping anyone using bots themselves to try and get hardware rather than spend loads on eBay . We had seen it before on the 360, never mind how some UK importers were looking for £2,000 for a DC in 1998. Where for the DC it took SEGA Japan until march 1999 to sort out its supply issues and 2k in 1998 was an isane amount of money to ask for a console (I get importing is much different mind) and with MS UK it was finally enough March of 2006 before you could walk in a shop and pick up a 360 with no issues, unless you paid loads on Ebay
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4462744.stm
    By buying that software, I would be supporting the problem. I don't need a stupid console, or another GPU to live my life. Paying these scumbags that choose to leach of the desperate is just SHIT. You are a piece of shit of a human being, if you practice such a selfish act for your own gain. You're no better than a televangelist stealing money from people that don't know any better.

Every console has a shortage at launch. That is not usually the case nearly a year after. So, the idiots that were willing to pay that much just to have the 360 near launch deserved the RROD.

Today it's made all the worse due to lock down and people looking for entertainment products SONY and MS looking to limit production of the old consoles and not even look to cut their price either. So for many people there even more of a reason to go next gen but there's a worldwide shortage of semi conductors and whatnot, which is affecting many industries . I was amazed when my Printer bust and my local Argos had no stock of Printers, I've never known it
    I'm sure if you go onto Ebay, you'll find some asshole with a stack of them sitting in his photo for the ad. Hey, you have something I need. Don't be a dick, by showing off that you managed to hoard something, as if you are smarter than everyone else.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

We're not even a year into this console cycle yet and that's to other look the issues of world wide demand for goods.

It was only a couple of years ago you could make loads from selling a Switch on eBay due to Nintendo having issues with supply in 2019
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Every console has a shortage at launch. That is not usually the case nearly a year after. So, the idiots that were willing to pay that much just to have the 360 near launch deserved the RROD.

I'm sure if you go onto Ebay, you'll find some asshole with a stack of them sitting in his photo for the ad. Hey, you have something I need. Don't be a dick, by showing off that you managed to hoard something, as if you are smarter than everyone else.
    Where is the line crossed when one becomes a dick? Does it occur when a certain threshold is crossed in terms of the number of consoles sold or the profit on each item or is it something else?

Wii was scarce and pulling in big dollars even after a year on the market. Consoles have become a commodity rather than a basic throw away good.

Where is the line crossed when one becomes a dick? Does it occur when a certain threshold is crossed in terms of the number of consoles sold or the profit on each item or is it something else?

Wii was scarce and pulling in big dollars even after a year on the market. Consoles have become a commodity rather than a basic throw away good.
    People actually had to get off of their ass and buy those Wii consoles at a retail outlet. They didn't have a bot loading up on 10 to 20 consoles, before someone else could even check out online. And who cares about that? It was soccer moms running out to get a Wii and Wii Fit. It certainly wasn't the core gaming audience.

These are examples of people just being dicks. They don't need to be buying up consoles in the dozens, before people can even get a chance to buy a single console for themselves, and then have the balls to sell them for over $800. I got nothing against someone that buys a couple and flips them for a little over $650; they're only marking it up about $100 after taxes.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/vg...366068974.html

This guy on Craigslist is a fine example of a dick. The dickhead swingin' his shit in peoples faces, by making a smartass comment about him already having the Halo Edition Series X consoles on their way.

We're not even a year into this console cycle yet and that's to other look the issues of world wide demand for goods.

It was only a couple of years ago you could make loads from selling a Switch on eBay due to Nintendo having issues with supply in 2019
    Every console had supply issues the first 8 to 10 months, but you could at least have a chance of getting one, without being shady about it. And I said nearly a year. We are less than 2 months from the launch of the PS5 and Xbox series consoles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's not just consoles . Graphics cards have been had to get, even the lastest 2.1 HDMI Amps are super hard to get (and I really want a new one) hell in work we're short of blood tubes in my area there are issues with clothing and food products in shops. There's massive worldwide demand and huge issues with the world supply chain, not helped when you also had Iran playing war games in the shipping lanes and some idiot sailing the Ever Green Everything has just merged to make a 'perfect storm'

While not a personal friend of mine. I knew someone who was able to have his mother (who worked in Tesco's) picked a Switch in 2019 when the stock was severely limited (when some were saying Nintendo was limited supply to help sell the Switch Light) and put it up on eBay and made £180 instant profit. Not many people will turn their back on that if they could have got a unit they never needed. That's even before the Pandemic started
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information