Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Team releases an unfinished Sonic game plagued with bugs (shocking, I know!)

Default Sonic Team releases an unfinished Sonic game plagued with bugs (shocking, I know!)

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Some of the bugs were fake as some dude was playing on an emulator. GameXplain ran into some but nothing that bad. It's still shitty of SEGA to release a 10-year-old game in such a state tho.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi

I've been playing it on real hardware and yes, it really is that bad. The game is dangerous for people with photosensitive epilepsy, it looks like it was hardly playtested at all. This is the second Sonic Team game this year to have that problem, the first being Balan Wonderland, another glitchfest. At least with Balan it only happened during the final boss, with Colors it can happen any time because the graphics engine is broken. This is inexcusable from a major studio.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I've been playing it on real hardware and yes, it really is that bad. The game is dangerous for people with photosensitive epilepsy, it looks like it was hardly playtested at all. This is the second Sonic Team game this year to have that problem, the first being Balan Wonderland, another glitchfest. At least with Balan it only happened during the final boss, with Colors it can happen any time because the graphics engine is broken. This is inexcusable from a major studio.
    Balan is not Sonic Team. It's not even SEGA. It's Square Enix by a team made just for that game which we can now assume is disbanded after Naka was fired.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Glitches are confimed legit.

The port was outsourced to Blind Squirrel Games, a californian developer who already did a mess with Mass Effect Legendary edition.

Outsorcing is never good for Sega.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Balan is not Sonic Team. It's not even SEGA. It's Square Enix by a team made just for that game which we can now assume is disbanded after Naka was fired.
    Yes I'm aware that it's a different studio and people working on it, I'm just disappointed in both that's all. But you're right, just having Naka and Ohshima doesn't really make it the Sonic Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post

The port was outsourced to Blind Squirrel Games, a californian developer who already did a mess with Mass Effect Legendary edition.

Maybe it wasn't an option but they should have gone the same route that Nintendo took when porting Mario Galaxy to the Switch, recompile the code but emulate the GPU. Might not have looked as pretty but wouldn't have had all these issues.

I will see when my copy should arrive later today. I've seen some fake some glitches because they used an emulator. Some people I've read have no real issues. Others minor issues and some like this. Leave it to SEGA to ruin a port of literally the only good 3D Sonic game.

I completed 1 world and the only issues I had were awful load times and sluggish menus. I also feel like the controls feel off. I didn't have any glitches tho but just 1 world. I'm just going to finish Bersia then move on to Arise then Ultra Age. Sonic can wait a few months.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

yeahh my ps4 copy came in yesterday, no hurry though so I'll try back later this year after some patches.

Looks and runs amazing on the Series X... 60 FPS and Native 4K with no issues at all and redone textures.

TO BE THIS GOOD, TAKES XBOX
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

That's the most fanboy thing I heard you say yet. Also makes no sense. The line only works when it said AGES as it worked in 2 ways. AGES and SEGA backward.

So to be this good it takes XOBX? Also it's a port of Wii game. To be this good it takes iiW!

Hero of Algol

The blooming effect is disgusting. It should be optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    That's the most fanboy thing I heard you say yet. Also makes no sense. The line only works when it said AGES as it worked in 2 ways. AGES and SEGA backward.

So to be this good it takes XOBX? Also it's a port of Wii game. To be this good it takes iiW!
    It's a parody, but never mind. Full respect for an American knowing about Sega Europe rather clever TO BE BE THIS GOOD campaign

To be serious the Series X version is awesome Full native 4K at 60 FPS with next to no issues. Looks and moves rather splendid. Can't wait for the HD versions of Monkeyball next

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

I always felt Sonic Colors was on the wrong console. It looked like an early 360 game in SD. It belonged on PS3 and 360 at the time. It didn't get the respect it deserved on Wii. By 2010 the Wii was written off. At least people get to experience it now. Just patch that shit SEGA and all should be good.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post

You think Mass Effect Legendary Edition was a mess? How so? I had no problems with it on my PS4. Loved every minute of it.

Thread Information