Quantcast

Thread: mr. Bones

Saturn mr. Bones

Blending platform action with the undead and a rockin' soundtrack might not sound like the kind of things games are made of, but mr. Bones gave it one hell of a try. It's not a game for everyone, to be sure. Stick with it a while though, and you just might find a decent title for your Saturn. Read our full review for more details.

Road Rasher

what a bizarre title and I have never played it before in my life

I only vaguely remember reading/hearing about this game at the time. The details of its development in Ken's book were interesting and this review suggests the game is worth checking out. I'm not often fond of games constantly after novelty (even Earthworm Jim 1&2), but this sounds like something I'd like to try. Even the levels the reviewer disliked sound interesting. I would have definitely gone with this over Fighting Vipers.

I got this when it launched after the hype and reading this was SEGA America biggest ever game and the biggest budget it had ever given a game. Only to be disappointed after an amazing intro and fabulous main character. I'm almost sure Saturn could have handled the FMV sections better in real time for starters and the game yet again was simply far too hard to be enjoyable and the mishmash of gameplay styles didn't work.

A shame though there are some nice 2D graphics there, a wonderful main character and some nice idea's. It just doesn't feel or play coherently.

I still love the speech of " Mr Bones Help us", "he's taking me away " LOL
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The little sound bytes like "He's taking me away!" are definitely the highlight of that stage. It's too bad that level isn't really terribly interesting and made even worse if you try the bonus power-up found there. I'm also found of Dagoulian's bonus speech on the disc itself.

Yeah, the FMV in those FMV sections for the most part feel completely unneeded. A remaster/remake could turn mr. Bones into something pretty special, but I know there isn't enough of an audience to warrant that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    The little sound bytes like "He's taking me away!" are definitely the highlight of that stage. It's too bad that level isn't really terribly interesting and made even worse if you try the bonus power-up found there. I'm also found of Dagoulian's bonus speech on the disc itself.

Yeah, the FMV in those FMV sections for the most part feel completely unneeded. A remaster/remake could turn mr. Bones into something pretty special, but I know there isn't enough of an audience to warrant that.
    I remember me and my mate playing that stage and just laughing out loud with the speech of Mr Bones Help us and he's taking me away. I never got why the team felt they needed jerky and slow FMV backgrounds when Psychic Killer Taromaru showed you could have brilliant 3D background at 60 fps

A shame I really liked Mr Bones as a character and wanted to like the game, but it just didn't work and yet again Sega America weren't too high and far with the difficulty level
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information