Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mega Drive game "Metal Dragon" by Kai Magazine

Hero of Algol

The gameplay footage does look very interesting.
    But the color use and the HUD look awful.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Magazine Software View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am Oscar Kenneth, from Kai Magazine software (The developers of this game).
    Sorry I don't have a profile picture but the "Customize profile" function seems to be broken at this moment.
    Thank you Black_Tiger for posting this here, I have been trying to register in this forum for weeks without luck until today.

About the game:
    It is not a re-skin of Mercs, I coded it from scratch in C using the famous SGDK.
    This game is a port of the MSX2 version which I also coded from scratch (Mercs doesn't exist on MSX). The MSX2 is almost identical to the Genesis/Mega-drive version, but we added more weapons and many improvements, more variety etc.

The game is for 1 player only. We went in this direction because most retro-gamers usually play alone, so we used all the resources for 1 player.
    Right now, adding a second player would mean to remove existing elements:
    A second player requires 2 sprites plus 6 more sprites for his personal bullets. In order to do this we would have to remove the maximum amount of enemies on screen and also the amount of bullets.
    This would harm the 1 player experience and all the game should be re-balanced and re-designed.
    Considering that most people would play it alone anyway, I belive we made the right choice.

Please feel free to ask us anything you want.
    Thanks for posting, everything looks cool and I was already following the MSX version a bit!

With the various versions you are selling, is the only difference the outer case insert?

Do all the cartridges have the same language versions, no different manuals, etc?

I always have a hard time deciding on variants like this if they're not basically the same inside. I love the JP MegaDrive look but would prefer the game in English when I play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Thank you for your interest ^_^
    The only difference is the cover. The manual and cartridge is the same, and it will play in English on any region and console.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Magazine Software View Post
    Thank you for your interest ^_^
    The only difference is the cover. The manual and cartridge is the same, and it will play in English on any region and console.
    Thanks for the response! Any chance of you porting Life on Earth eventually as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Thanks for the response! Any chance of you porting Life on Earth eventually as well?
    Probably yes, eventually.

Thread Information