Quantcast

Thread: Chack'n Pop

Alex Kidd Chack'n Pop

As a precursor to Taito's Bubble Bobble series, Chack'n Pop is a great little maze game that far too few people have had the chance to play. It's one of the great number of fun SG-1000 titles that don't get enough love, and it's entirely playable in English. Read our full review for more details.

Road Rasher

never heard of this title before except that it was also released on the nes

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

The game was on Taito Legends 2, and the PS2 Japanese Taito compilations, it and Fairyland Story are pretty much the parents of Bubble Bobble. A fun game, though a little rough around the edges. May buy the Famicom version soon for my collection, though a few of the stages were removed, stages that the game repeats in pattern endlessly. Chack N (perhaps Chicken) pretty much plays a part throughout the Bubble Bobble games, whether as an enemy in some of the games, or as a bonus item in the BB series, or as an enemy alien ship in Taito's Mega Blast (seriously, there's a boss based off of DOH, Chack N, Bub from Bubble Bobble, and the car thing from Raimais), or even who you save in Parasol Stars true ending.
    Last edited by Bloodreign; 10-17-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Nice review and I agree with pretty much everything said.

I was surprised at how much better the SG-1000 port of the game played over the NES port.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Fozzy's Avatar

I pretty sure this game is included in MY Arcade hand held. If not this game, a similar generic. Those 24 dollar hand held games at Target usually have a bunch of NES games.

It would be nice if we could get something similar for the SMS games.

Thread Information