Quantcast

Thread: Sonic Origins - Will include remastered versions of Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD

Default Sonic Origins - Will include remastered versions of Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD

https://zippospeaks.blogspot.com/202...on-is.html?m=1

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/06...be-remastered/

This is older news but I just came across it. Seems like SEGA is finally potentially re-releasing these in a more updated format. Sonic 1, 2, and CD all got Christian Whitehead remasters, while Sonic 3 & Knuckles has of course never got a Whitehead remaster and has been held up in re-releases due to the rights issues with the music and Michael Jackson's estate. I already own CD on Steam and 1 & 2 remasters on Android, and then Sonic 3 Complete for the Genesis, but I would not mind at all having these games all on PC in remastered widescreen with bugfixes and potential extra levels and the like. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I got Sonic CD on the PS3 a little over a month ago.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Sounds like a good collecion, but Sega took too long portting the Sonic 1 & 2 remakes to PC - fans reverse engineered them themselves and you can play them now, with mods etc. Also every have a pretty good Sonic 3 PC remaster (again fanmade) in the form of Sonic 3 AIR.

Personally, I'm hoping they throw in more games. Chaotix and SegaSonic, and the rest of the arcade games deserve a home release.

Master of Shinobi

I'll be curious how they'll handle Sonic 3 due to the MJ rights, but otherwise this isn't really interesting - I've owned those games for over 25 years now.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Meh, more Sonic collections. Seeing Gleylancer, Thunder Force, and such are more exciting. It's time to bring Ranger X to modern platforms.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Meh, more Sonic collections. Seeing Gleylancer, Thunder Force, and such are more exciting. It's time to bring Ranger X to modern platforms.
    On this, we can quite agree
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Sounds like a good collecion, but Sega took too long portting the Sonic 1 & 2 remakes to PC - fans reverse engineered them themselves and you can play them now, with mods etc. Also every have a pretty good Sonic 3 PC remaster (again fanmade) in the form of Sonic 3 AIR.

Personally, I'm hoping they throw in more games. Chaotix and SegaSonic, and the rest of the arcade games deserve a home release.
    Sonic 3 A.I.R. should have been the official release. As usual it's up to the fans to fix things.

Chaotix would be great if all the issues were fixed, but by then it would be a brand new game. I'd still like to see it though. It was a decent idea with poor execution. It would be cool if you could go back and forth between the 2D and 3D segments within a level. SegaSonic has two issues, one you really need a trackball to enjoy it, two it's only got about 12 minutes of gameplay. I think it would have fit as bonus content to the Steam release of 3D Blast.

I really wish too that the Sonic Team would release footage of Sonic Adv running on the Saturn as part of the celebration of Sonic, like how we saw Shenmue running on the Saturn.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information