Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2021

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Default Secret Santa 2021

All right, tonight is Halloween, which means it's time to get this year's Secret Santa rolling!

If you have not participated before and are curious about previous events, feel free to check out our threads from 2019 and 2020.

Raffle is confirmed! Please make sure to let me know if you want to enter. I am tentatively putting the deadline at 11/16... partially because I am expecting to extend it.

I'd say last year's rules are still valid, so here they are (with a couple of minor edits):

1. Don't sign up if you can't or won't follow through. You need to be an active member, a well-known member, or vouched for by an active or well-known member to participate.

2. Signups are open now until November 18, which is when everyone will be matched up and wish lists will be sent out to their respective Santas.

3. The value of your gift(s) should be in the $20-30 range before taking shipping into account. If you want to be more generous, that is perfectly fine as well.

4. Feel free to add anything from video games to non-game related items on your list. Digital games are also allowed, but if you go the digital route, please add some sort of physical item(s) to your list. You are encouraged to have a section of pricier items in case your Santa is feeling generous. Please try to have at least 16 items on your list.

5. Gifts should be mailed by December 9 at the latest unless you are willing to ship via an expedited service. If for some reason you won't be able to meet that time frame, please let me know. I do not want any misunderstandings to happen because of a lack of communication. Please send me your tracking number after you ship your package so I can pass it on to your recipient.

6. Make sure the address you provide is safe, secure, and will not provide any issues for deliveries. For example, if you know that packages you order often get delivered to your neighbor's house, you might want to provide you work address.

7. It is mandatory to participate in this event to the full extent if you sign up. Please drop out before the deadline if you do not think you will follow through. Here are a few examples of ways to be reported as well as banned from future Secret Santa events run by me:

a. Your recipient puts Othello for NES, 10 games in the $5-15 range, and three games in the $50 range on their list and all you send them is Othello.
    b. Your recipient puts "low budget horror schlock VHS" on their list and all you send them three different Sweatin' to the Oldies Richards Simmons tapes.
    c. You do not send anything to your recipient and/or completely disappear after lists have been given out to everyone.

I think that gives the general idea, but if you are unsure about this rule, please feel free to ask me about it. I will attempt to right the ship if I feel like anyone has been screwed over.

8. The most important rule is to have fun!

Also, let me know if you don't want to shop for me since it won't exactly be secret.

Please use the following sign up sheet format for when you PM me your list:

Forum Alias:
    Shipping Name/Address:
    Would you like to participate in a potential raffle? (yes/no/depends on what it is, idiot):
    Willing to ship internationally? (yes/no):
    Condition (complete, boxed, mint, loose, etc.):
    Wish List:

List of people participating (bold = list has been submitted):

BubsyFan1
    JCU
    robotscandance
    Blades
    Baloo
    Assault9
    TrekkiesUnite118
    cleeg
    Team Andromeda
    ComradeOj
    WarmSignal
    zyrobs
    Last edited by BubsyFan1; 11-21-2021 at 05:18 AM.

Good. Good.

One suggestion I have, based on the comment below, is to keep our European friends with each other (if possible) in order to deal with the shipping. Of course that only flies if there is an even number of participants from that continent.
    Last edited by JCU; 11-03-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Master of Shinobi

I always wish I could jump in on these, but international shipping costs are just ridiculous nowadays.

as usual, I'm in.

Yep.

Aww yeah, and we're off!

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Good. Good.

One suggestion I have, based on the comment below, is to keep our European friends with each other (if possible) in order to deal with the shipping. Of course that only flies if there is an even number of participants from that continent.
    For sure. That is always something I have tried to be conscious of while hosting this.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    I always wish I could jump in on these, but international shipping costs are just ridiculous nowadays.
    You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but where do you live?

I also wanted to say that everyone should try to make a point of making sure they have a decent amount of items on their list that go for under $30. A lot of prices have increased in the last couple of years, and a good amount of games I had on my list in the past that were $5-20 each at the time now go for $30-100+. If it is something people are interested in, we can talk about increasing the expected spend for next year, but I was thinking we should keep it where it is for now.

Why not, count me in. I own more video game systems now than I ever have so I have stuff I can put on a list.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Sign up information has been sent. I'll get the list sorted out pretty soon.
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

Nice, we're up to six already! Also, I extended the deadline by a couple of days because I will have something going on from November 12-16.

You can sign me up as well. I'll try to put a list together as soon as possible.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

After an absence, I'm in! I'll get my thinking cap on...

It has a Dreamcast swirl on it.

Got you guys on the list! Cleeg, if you don't mind swirling about items people from North America can get you just in case no one else from your region can participate this year, that would be great. I have reached out to some people to make the list creating/shipping situation as easy as possible.

I'll join for the percy Pal lot..
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

That should be okay!

Good. The 18th is a good date.

Thread Information