Quantcast

Thread: Classic Interview: Jose Angel Sanchez (Sega Spain)

Sonic Classic Interview: Jose Angel Sanchez (Sega Spain)

These two interviews with Sega Spain's CEO and General Director, José Ángel Sánchez, talk about Sega's position in the Spanish 16-bit market, the Mega CD and 32X, plans for the Saturn. and the Dreamcast's launch in Spain and Sega's plans to bring online gaming to Europe. They offer some great insight about the company's console business in Spain and its expectations for upcoming consoles. Read the full interviews for more details.
    Last edited by Melf; 11-12-2021 at 08:33 PM.

The 35% of those who connected online are quite high for the time. I didn't get my PlayStation 2 online until years after I got it even though I had broadband. There were still plenty of households in the early 2000s that didn't have Internet access at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JPEC83 View Post
    The 35% of those who connected online are quite high for the time. I didn't get my PlayStation 2 online until years after I got it even though I had broadband. There were still plenty of households in the early 2000s that didn't have Internet access at all.
    That's just PR crap for me. SEGA Europe killed online for the DC basically on day one, overlooking Sega Europe didn't have any game with actual online play on its launch and it would take another 8 months after the DC Pal launch for one to be able to play a game online (Ch Ch) thanks to useless SEGA Europe one wasn't allowed to enter your own ISP details, which meant anytime on the DC internet cost a fortune and why in the end SEGA Europe took out the internet code out of Pal titles. In typical SEGA Europe fashion, they allowed people to enter their ISP details with PSO Ver 2 when the DC was all but dead. I was just thankful I was importing most of my games at the time and thanks to US Quake 3 was able to enter my own ISP details and that's when I really began to embrace Online with the DC, I used to love playing Alien Front Online and Daytona USA 2001 at 2 AM Saturday morning , when for some reason there was little to no lag joining the USA servers

Sega Europe was like the muppet show in the Saturn and DC era. Such a shame when SEGA America and Japan were really pushing Online with the DC and to a point the Saturn too.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

I found a great interview with José Ángel Sánchez about the 16-bit market and Saturn, so I added it to this one since the other was so short.

Thread Information