Quantcast

Thread: Catskull Electronics YM2020 a LAZY Cash Grab 💰 💰 💰

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default Catskull Electronics YM2020 a LAZY Cash Grab 💰 💰 💰

Before a torrent of abuse, i am a big fan of the work done by Catskull electronics and the talents involved, for those not familiar i recommend visiting their site, following them from the start i was a huge fan and backer of the YM2017, the first genesis cart with a LED equaliser very smart. so when over a year ago they announced YM2020 i was pleasantly surprised at the time, but this is a lazy cash grab and i will explain why. for those who have not followed the YM2017 was a well engineered music cartridge with some great contributors to the music, the LED graphic equaliser set it apart from the recent trend of music cartridges priced at the time of $45 and a limited run of just a 100 cartridges. Over a year later Catskull announced a second batch retaining the LED equaliser but with a black PCB with Gold tracers quoting this was be the final run of 100 cartridges and they would absolutely not be another release. As of 21/11/21 his facebook has not been updated but his online store out of the blue is now offering a re-release of YM2017 without the LED and the addition of a cheap AliExpress case, yours for $65, now that maybe great for those who missed out and are not content with just listening to the music tracks available on YouTube but certainly is a downgrade and as a collector i think most collectors would continue to try and find the original LED cart from ebay and other places even here on the Sega16 bazaar, there have been requests to buy. also with no announcement for over a year here is the YM2020, yours for $75 limited one per customer (until the next batch) which of course you can buy to support the people credited to making it happen but i think if i was one of the people involved i would certainly consider this to be a step backwards from the original edition, so leaves me wondering you can just buy this for what it is and maybe it is a limited edition until the next time he decides to reissue it, personally for whatever the reason for the delay taken to publish due to PayPal ban or COVID $75 for this by my opinion is a stretch
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 11-21-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Thread Information