Quantcast

View Poll Results: Is Sonic 3D Blast better than half or more of Sonic's 3D titles?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 57.14%
  • No

6 42.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Sonic 3D Blast better than half or most of Sonic's other 3D games?

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Sonic Adventure 2 is the worst 3D Sonic game.
    It's mine too, well Sonic 06 is dire, but that's more because it unfinished
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

SA2 has a kick-ass opening level. It falls apart after that. Tho the Chao garden was great. That was the only thing that kept me playing.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Have you people actually played 3D Blast? To the end? Past Spring Stadium zone?

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post

No-one is saying Sonic 3D Blast is a "great" game, just that it is better than most of the modern 3D Sonic games. I've played through the entire game bitd and regularly play some of the levels. It's not anything like as good as the first 3 games but it's ok.

I played the 1st couple of levels of Unleashed last night and the day levels are an uncontrollable mess, except for the side on sections which are tolerable. The night level play like a dumbed down God of War ripoff aimed at kids - slow and boring. Let's not talk about the retarded "press the correct button to win" sections - they suck.

Edit - There are some of the 3D Sonic games the I think are ok, I often play levels of SA, Heroes and Colors, finished SA all through, although that has a lot of issues in the later levels.
    Last edited by stu; 11-28-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Hero of Algol

Feel free to continue from either Diamond Dust or Volcano Valley:

Played the Director's Cut version today, on real hardware + CRT TV as intended and designed for.
    Got one emerald per Zone as it's the maximum possible in this version.
    Quite enjoyable Sonic game.

Master of Shinobi

It doesn't matter if 3D Blast is better or worse than the others because most 3d sonic games are, at best, mediocre.

I never found the original Sonic games anywhere near as good as people made them out to be, I enjoyed SEGA's Japan Disney series of games more. I found Sonic to be better on 3D: running into the screen as fast as you can, was better for me than running left to right as fast as you can. I also enjoyed Sonic Adv big set pieces more like the Killer Whale or hanging off the Helicopter in SA. I never got why Sonic controlled so perfectly in Sonic Adv, but not so tight in the other 3D games

I've enjoyed most of the 3D ones mind and really like the Boost style of game. I just wished SEGA ever remade a sequel to Generations or remade Sonic Adv in the Hedgehog engine. Generations was so good and it's just amazing now on the Series X
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi

I finished it, granted only on an emulator. I mostly only cared about seeing what its like.
    The music was good (Megadrive version) and I liked how the last level was a giant Eggman statue. The final boss was extremely annoying for the first minute, then a pushover once you know the patterns.

I had not played it ever since, but sometimes I still load up the music, some tracks were actually memorable (and some have even been re-used for Sonic Adventure!).

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

No. It's about on par. Which is "way underappreciated". Because let's count Sonic games:
    Sonic Adventure 1-2 - good.
    Sonic Heroes - good, with a few hiccups here and there
    Shadow the Hedgehog - doesn't count, but even if it did, it's middling. The levels themselves are good, the visuals are passable, the OST is... actually one of my favorite in the series, but it's marred by a really bad story and some poor missions.
    Sonic '06 - bad, had potential, but wasn't cooked to completion, so... yeah, just plain bad.
    Sonic Unleashed HD - good. All of it. Both halves. I don't care and screw you.
    Sonic Colors - good
    Sonic Generations - good
    Sonic Lost World - pretty bad, yeah, it's the one I hate the most
    Sonic Forces - mediocre. It's playable, it's got some good music, the Avatar was a good idea, but the level designs really bring it down due to how simplistic they are.

Oh, and Sonic Boom, I guess. Obviously bad.

I didn't play Storybook games and Unwiished, but from what I can tell the Secret Rings is poor, Black Knight is love it or hate it and Unwiished is somewhat weaker than its HD cousin but still not that bad of a time.

So this leaves us with... four bad games, three middling ones and six good ones? Not the best track record, but it's not all that bad either.

And as for 3D Blast itself - yeah, it's good. I had a good time. A solid 8. Beat it in one sitting with all the Chaos Emeralds a couple of years back (it was before the Director's Cut hack).
    Formerly known as -RT

EhÖ itís better than about a third of the 3D games, and is equal to the majority of the rest.
    I demand a Blaze spinoff!

Me blog

Hope Exists

Thread Information