Quantcast

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The 2022 Haul thread: Electric Boogaloo

Still?

Sometimes I can post a pic and other times no. How is it done w/o having a broken attachment?
    Last edited by JCU; 04-11-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Last edited by Team Andromeda; 04-16-2022 at 10:03 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

So in diving deeper into the library of Wii budget tier games, I've found another slew of titles that I'll swear are all very playable. A lot of puzzle games, shooting galleries, racing games, and monster truck themed games.

- Link's Crossbow Training is basically a tech demo for the Wii Zapper accessory which I would recommend actually using, if you want to play any shooting games on the Wii.
    - Battle of the Bands it's a fine enough rhythm game with an emphasis on launching "attacks" against the opposing band when you do well.
    - Rubik's World is a collection of brain teaser mini-games based on the Rubik's Cube. Some are pretty cool, others are a bit silly.
    - Rooms the Main Building is a late Hudson Soft title that is a brain teasing puzzler, move pieces around and use different items to navigate through each puzzle / "room".
    - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is a collection of Olympic based sports mini-games and some bonus "dream events" which are various arcade style mini-games.
    - Camaro Wild Ride a budget racer that plays like an N64 era sim-cade racing game, kind of awkward and janky but has a certain appeal. Chill soundtrack.
    - Charger vs Challenger is a surprisingly good budget racer, that plays like an N64 arcade racer, with tight controls, a bit of customization and depth and decent soundtrack. Has an OG Cruis'n / Top Gear Rally feel to it.
    - Speed is what you get when you cross Burnout with Virtua Racing. Really fast and frenetic, with spectacular over the top crashing. It's actually pretty good.
    - Jeep Thrills reminded me a lot of Beetle Adventure Racing, but with Jeeps. Has a similar play feel, as well. A little janky, but challenging in a good way.
    - Vertigo is like Monkey Ball or Marble Mania, you are a sphere navigating a series of narrow ledges. It's fun, good controls.

- Pirate Blast is a kid friendly shooting gallery. For everything it lacks in violence and edge, it makes up for in being a solid enough shooting gallery.
    - Attack of the Movies 3D an on rails shooting gallery made from a cheesy compilation of movie spoofs. It's fine.
    - Roogoo Twisted Towers is a brain teaser type puzzler, fit the pegs through the correct hole. Sounds simple, but can be addicting.
    - Groovin' Blocks was a WiiWare game that got a retail release, it's a falling block puzzle game with a rhythm aspect.
    - Rock Blast is basically inverted Bust-a-Move, but with some extra abilities you can use aside from just matching three.
    - Monster 4x4 World Circuit is a truly underrated gem on the Wii. It plays almost like a kart racer with power ups, weapons, stunt combos for speed boosts. Really good one.
    - Bigfoot King of Crush a really quite solid arcade racer, that features street racing with destructible environments. By the same dev as "Urban Assault", and quite similar.
    - Monster 4x4 Stunt Racer a sequel to World Circuit, with more emphasis on vertical and wall riding, fun goofy arcade racing.
    - Monster Trux Arenas a budget racer that's surprisingly decent with a more sim-cade approach to the driving physics and career mode.
    - Monster Truck Mayhem another budget racer with some destructible environments, the driving seems a bit floaty and awkward but still controls pretty well. Cool soundtrack.
    - Monster Jam Urban Assault a solidly made arcade racer, racing the streets with tons of destructibility.

Velocity 2X I wanted to pick this one up for years. It reminds me of a cross between Metroid and Sonic. Looks really good.
    Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 with all the monster truck fever I've gotten out of the Wii library, this is probably the most fleshed out title in the sub-genre to date. Open world driving, events, collectibles, etc. By the studios behind MX vs ATV.
    Last edited by WarmSignal; 04-24-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Here's the last few months of gaming stuff I've picked up. Off hand, I think everything was found locally except for the MVS Real Bout which I bought from a buddy on N-G. Just grabbed the Gamecube this week. My oldest moved out last year and took the Wii with her. Thing is, while I didn't own any Wii games, I did have a few GC games that I played on it, so it was cool to come across one for a fair price in the wild. I want to grab a few more games for it as well. And while I still see the consoles at shops on occasion, the prices are usually ridiculous, so this was a no brainer. As far as the games pictured, I've been playing PS1 the most as of late. I'm loving Rival Schools, a very unique Capcom fighter with tons of character. And I've also been playing Star Wars Dark Forces which plays like old school Doom, but in the SW universe, so it's right up my alley.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

So I haven't bought a snes game in years. Pretty much retired from it after the outrages prices got out of hand for boxed games in around 2016 (still have my collection though) but something happen today. I called a retro game store asking if they had any CIB genesis games, they tell me they have Bloodlines, guy says its in pristine condition, head over there, dude did not mention the very noticeable sun fading in the front of the case, pass on it, decide to look around, I see boxed snes games, many of them missing manuals and inserts inside or straight up damage. Then I see 1 game that catches my attention, LEGEND. Ask if I can see inside of it. Dude not only did this one have everything it originally came with inside but it was in amazing condition. They were selling it for $200 but with my current store credit that I got from trading in stuff I found in goodwills for dirt cheap + the psp 1000 i brought in + the military discount. I only paid $33 for this.

I'm still kinda shock, NEVER did I expect to pick this up. Even when I was still collecting for snes back then, I could never find this game cib on ebay. This is only long overdue to add to the collection but better late then never, Good day!

Look at this cool map, never thought they were promoting Super Turrican 2 at all.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Very rare I see a Saturn game in my import shop that I know nothing about I out be that a review or a write up in a mag or played the game. I don't mean that in an arrogant or know all way, I had just never heard off or seen this game before
    But bought it anyway

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

What a fecking issue !!!!

Time to take flight, all over again The fate of the world rests on the wings of an armoured blue dragon… blue dragon...

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Remake Geist Force!

Remake Geist Force!

This is about 6-8 months of pick-ups... I've lost track.

The boxed Master System II cost $120 CAD (~$92 USD) from Kijiji. The console looks like new but it might not work.

When connected to my CRT it displays nothing and no sound. And there are no LEDs on the SMS II to show if it has power.
    Looks like this was originally sold in Germany. Which I think is PAL territory and maybe that's why it won't work on my NTSC TV.

NHL '94 for the Sega CD cost $40 CAD (~$30 USD) with shipping from Kijiji. NHL '94 is the only Hockey game I played on the Genesis so I thought 'why not' have it for the Sega CD.

Battleship Gonora (aka Bio-Ship Paladin ) for the Japanese Mega Drive from a fellow retro gamer for $100 USD.

I spent $300 USD for Super Mario Bros, Zelda Link to the Past, Axelay and NES Ninja Gaiden III. None had their cartridge; just box and manuals.

Picked up a loose Players Choice Link to the Past cart for $40 CAD (~$30 USD) and I traded No Escape CIB (Genesis) for a loose cart for Axelay.
    Looking for a loose Link to the Past Players Choice and Ninja Gaiden III to complete them.

Wild Guns from Strictly Limited Games for €56.48 all in.

I forget what Super Empire cost me. I think it was something like $60 CAD (~$46 USD).

If I ever find a CIB Super Ghoul's n Ghosts I'll be very happy with my little SNES collection.

Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Thread Information