Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POSSIBLE FAULTS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH METAL DRAGON

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default POSSIBLE FAULTS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH METAL DRAGON

Received my 2 copies from the Kai Magazine Metal Dragon and thought i would post a new thread here, i have multiple fully working consoles unmodified and have found that Metal Dragon has a compatibility issue with the megadrive model 2 and model 3 (Genesis). When the cartridge is plugged in there is no power light to the mega drive so the game does not boot but it affects the power to the megadrive. please add to this post if you have the same problem so the Kai Magazine can see the extent of the issue. this does not appear to affect the megadrive model 1

270207006_481961960216918_2012258881772002416_n.jpg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Interfering with power sounds like a short - dangerous to your console.

Wildside Expert

Works fine on my PAL Mega Drive 2 ?
    Will double check over the weekend if it affected the power light, but it played fine.

I received mine yesterday but haven't popped it in to play yet as I've been busy with console service requests for sometime now. Was hoping to get a chance this weekend perhaps. I have a few different model 1 units and at least 2 model 2s I can try it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    Works fine on my PAL Mega Drive 2 ?
    Will double check over the weekend if it affected the power light, but it played fine.
    can you confirm please Plugging METAL DRAGON in turning it on any amount of time turning it off removing the cartridge and then putting it back in turning it on? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Interfering with power sounds like a short - dangerous to your console.
    this is unconfirmed but maybe a capacitor that is not correctly installed or is drawing too much power, as there's a very unconventional capacitor within the PCB

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I received mine yesterday but haven't popped it in to play yet as I've been busy with console service requests for sometime now. Was hoping to get a chance this weekend perhaps. I have a few different model 1 units and at least 2 model 2s I can try it on.
    can you confirm please Plugging METAL DRAGON in turning it on any amount of time turning it off removing the cartridge and then putting it back in turning it on? thanks I asked because it's only myself that seems to be affected by this at the moment and I have access to a great many more consoles and refuse to believe that all of my consoles own some way damaged.

also would be interested if anyone wants to try this with a SEGA nomad

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Works fine on my Nomad and Mega SG. Only weird thing I ran into was when I ran it with my Laseractive I had sound but no picture, but I think it's more to do with my big CRT not doing well and needing to be repaired. It's been having strange issues with the picture going out and occasionally turns itself off. I plan on trying to get it repaired soon. But then I immediately tried the game in my model 1 genesis with 32x on that same CRT and the picture for that was fine. It's probably just my TV though.
    Last edited by Dirt Ball Gamer; 01-14-2022 at 06:43 PM.

how's the actual game?

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    how's the actual game?
    Obviously reading the thread I can only play this on a model 1 it's definitely fun I would say if anyone's being honest here, there's is a good reason it's NOT two-player as the game has got some slow~down and fatigue! but that said I couldn't help but laugh in later levels where you save the girl and she rides on your back

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    how's the actual game?
    It looks greats and sound great on my model 1 I was using last night to play it on. It is quite fun to play and I would classify this game as a run n gun bullet hell. If that makes sense? I've only played it on normal difficulty so far and that gives you quite a few med kits scattered about when playing but I wasn't able to beat the section yet where it was stated about the girl riding on your back. BTW that probably should have been left as a spoiler comment but since it wasn't there isn't any need to hide that now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    It looks greats and sound great on my model 1 I was using last night to play it on. It is quite fun to play and I would classify this game as a run n gun bullet hell. If that makes sense? I've only played it on normal difficulty so far and that gives you quite a few med kits scattered about when playing but I wasn't able to beat the section yet where it was stated about the girl riding on your back. BTW that probably should have been left as a spoiler comment but since it wasn't there isn't any need to hide that now.
    It sounds fun. I played the demo, and I thought it was pretty good. Is there a fun scoring system? Does it seem like it has gameplay that is more focused on story, or action/shooting and scoring?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Nano Babe View Post
    can you confirm please Plugging METAL DRAGON in turning it on any amount of time turning it off removing the cartridge and then putting it back in turning it on? thanks
    No issues at all with my Mega Drive 2, also tried it on my multi-mega and no issues there either.

Might be stating the obvious but is there an issue with your power adapter ? Or you just got unlucky and got two bad carts ?

If the caps being used on the pcb are wrong, can we remove them and add the correct caps? I've done rom swaps etc. So I would be comfortable doing this.

Thread Information