Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POSSIBLE FAULTS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH METAL DRAGON

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training billy's Avatar

So I got my copy today, beat it on normal with no deaths. Played on my model 2, I didnt have any problems. I'll test it on my Nomad and Mega SG later.
    Twitter - @guardbread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    So I got my copy today, beat it on normal with no deaths. Played on my model 2, I didnt have any problems. I'll test it on my Nomad and Mega SG later.
    thanks it's Looking more like an isolated problem, but i'm totally beyond words 5 consoles all fully working with all other games including Paprium a fairly demanding game for the console Sure most would agree. Someone's even mentioned power supplies yes they're SEGA original in yes they match the voltage of the console! KAI Magazine have offered A refund to their credit customer support is excellent. So the only Question left is do I keep the game which runs normally with a model 1 console with the risk of it potentially damaging my console? I've never seen a Game that prevents the console from powering up! the only thing I can think of that would replicate this fault is a PCB that is in the cartridge in reverse.... back 2 front
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 01-20-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

so below is a picture of the PCB frequently ~ the same board used and seen on places like AliExpress. so two cartridges one has an issue where the hole is cut to hold it in place in the cartridge where is being drilled too close to the edge cracked but has to be in order for the cartridge to engage correctly! please no anyone dismantling the cartridge to clean DO NOT flex the board the surface mounted flash chips are barely soldered. the second potential problem here and I'm not an expert is the voltage regulator used to protect the Flash chips from receiving too much MHZ current remember some years ago watermelon getting a lot of flak with peer solar using a custom Electrolytic Capacitor that was rumoured to be the wrong voltage.

s-l1600.jpg

Just to clarify, I tested it on my Mega SG and Nomad, no problems. Sorry about your situation.
    Twitter - @guardbread

Playing with no issues on model 1.

This game is pretty fun. Sure the graphics arenít spectacular but the gameplay is pretty solid. It would have been cool to have the ability to roll.

The codex stuff is kind of a mixed bag for me. Sometimes entertaining but sometimes lame with some grammatical errors. Difficulty is decent at higher levels but overall the game is a bit short.

7.5/10 from me.

Quote Originally Posted by fantat View Post
    Playing with no issues on model 1.

This game is pretty fun. Sure the graphics arenít spectacular but the gameplay is pretty solid. It would have been cool to have the ability to roll.

The codex stuff is kind of a mixed bag for me. Sometimes entertaining but sometimes lame with some grammatical errors. Difficulty is decent at higher levels but overall the game is a bit short.

7.5/10 from me.
    Are there difficulty settings? What is the scoring system like?

4 difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard, Nuts. Enemies spawn faster, do more damage, and have more health with each increase in difficulty. Nuts will additionally make enemy bullets faster.

Scoring system is simple, nothing like score pickups or combos. Just kill enemies, get points. Score resets when you continue from game over.

Yup, theres noticeable errors in the text, but I don't know if that's on purpose for parody reasons, or just mistakes.
    Twitter - @guardbread

It does keep track of your score but itís obviously not a big part of the game. In fact it only shows up in the bottom right of the screen. No tally after each level. No tally at the end of the game. No high score board. Seems like scoring was an after thought.

4 difficulty levels. Real endings only for Hard and Nuts mode. It does have a password system so youíre not starting from the beginning every time you die.

Itís definitely worth owning/playing.

4 difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard, Nuts. Enemies spawn faster, do more damage, and have more health with each increase in difficulty. Nuts will additionally make enemy bullets faster.

Scoring system is simple, nothing like score pickups or combos. Just kill enemies, get points. Score resets when you continue from game over.

Yup, theres noticeable errors in the text, but I don't know if that's on purpose for parody reasons, or just mistakes.
    Ah, this is really helpful. I like games to have some crazy difficulty options, especially for a game that is more of an arcade-style game. Thanks for your insight!

It does keep track of your score but itís obviously not a big part of the game. In fact it only shows up in the bottom right of the screen. No tally after each level. No tally at the end of the game. No high score board. Seems like scoring was an after thought.

4 difficulty levels. Real endings only for Hard and Nuts mode. It does have a password system so youíre not starting from the beginning every time you die.

Itís definitely worth owning/playing.
    It's a real shame that the scoring mechanics are essentially an afterthought, but I appreciate that it's there, and that at least they did their due diligence, and added the bare minimum. That being said, I think that end of round bonuses, scoring system nuance, leaderboards, etc. are what really add value to these types of games. Luckily, the multiple difficulty options and rudimentary scoring system will more than likely keep me busy/satisfied. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. It was really helpful. I'm looking forward to receiving and playing this game!

Itís not going to blow you mind or anything, but once you get into the rhythm of the game and start mowing down enemies it can be pretty satisfying.

Hope you enjoy it!

Itís not going to blow you mind or anything, but once you get into the rhythm of the game and start mowing down enemies it can be pretty satisfying.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Yeah, as long as the game is remotely fun, playable, and has some scoring mechanic, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. From what I've played and seen, I'm thinking it should be fine. Hopefully the team will be encouraged to do more development on the Genesis/MD.

Got my copy yesterday. Plenty of fun, not so easy to shoot exactly where you want though, I would have much preferred the B button to allow the character to strafe instead of staying immobile - which is precisely what you mustn't do most of the time.

Iíve mentioned this before but I think adding in the ability to roll would have taken this game up a notch for me. With this being a bullet hell type game I feel like the player needs to be more nimble. Still fun though as is.

I like that for a a "run n gun" style game, it definitely nails the run part. You're constantly pushing forward due to spawning enemies. Being able to take multiple hits also means there are parts you can just squeeze by tanks or turrets, take a hit, and push through.

Powerups being in patterns is good too. Machine gun, shotgun, sniper rifle. So you let 2 jeeps go by but blow up the 3rd jeep since its gonna be a sniper rifle.

Being able to roll and strafe would be cool, but I don't think that was the style of game Kai was going for. There's good reasons for and against rolling or strafing.
    Twitter - @guardbread

Yeah, youíre probably right. I really wish I had the ability to roll when you get to those parts of the game where you canít just push forward. Running around in circles while you fire 8 million bullets into those steel doors seems kind of silly and in direct contrast to how the rest of the game is played, especially on the harder difficulties. Small things but this is where the idea of rolling always comes up for me.

Thread Information