Quantcast

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So M$ is gobbling up Activision/Blizzard!?

Exclamation So M$ is gobbling up Activision/Blizzard!?

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/18/2...duty-overwatch

So they couldn't buy Sega in the early 2000s eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

I mean honestly after all the legal trouble Actvision is in, This was probably the only way to salvage themselves out of the mess they'd gotten into.
    05/05/15

Interesting will be how MS handles WOW.

It's gotta hurt that COD won't be on PS anymore. None of these acquisitions really bother me however, I like to have all platforms anyway and if I'm honest, I kind of prefer Xbox products and ecosystem over PlayStation.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Yay for monopolies. Not that I liked Act at all but buying all the big publishers is just that cannibalizing the industry.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

They make a ton of trash games that people play, but seems to solidify a certain type of PC and console gamer in the Xbox corner for the time being. The real question is will Call of Duty, which seems to be second only to Madden in yearly purchased sequels, be an Xbox and PC Exclusive going forward. If there aren't antitrust/FTC issues under the Biden administration, who may decide to sue to block the sale like they did with the NVidia purchase of ARM last week. I honestly thought Xbox and PS5 were treading water against the advent of the PC gamer, but the "simply hook it up and download a game or put in a disc to play" type of person still reigns supreme in this market it seems. I really was surprised at the hype and sales surrounding PS5.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Holy elitism! Screw Activision and their trash casual games, and all the dirty casuals and their "consoles". Those dumb, working class, uncultured fools! Just how that comes across, Baloo. Sorry that I reign supreme in the market and mess everything up for you. I like playing my games on a console, and I like collecting physical media. Don't typically play a lot of Activision stuff, but I probably would. I'm not above it.

Always sort baffles me how someone with such appreciation for the consoles of old, can harbor such distaste for the modern equivalent. My SEGA Saturn was god's gift to humanity!... but fuck the PS5 who gets excited over a game console?

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    It's gotta hurt that COD won't be on PS anymore. None of these acquisitions really bother me however, I like to have all platforms anyway and if I'm honest, I kind of prefer Xbox products and ecosystem over PlayStation.
    I doubt that MS would do that, because COD is a cash cow. They'll probably give exclusive content to Xbox owners weeks, to months before PS players, but they aren't going to cut off that massive userbase. Minecraft is on PlayStation consoles, afterall.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Always sort baffles me how someone with such appreciation for the consoles of old, can harbor such distaste for the modern equivalent. My SEGA Saturn was god's gift to humanity!... but fuck the PS5 who gets excited over a game console?
    Back then though the consoles were unique and did things my PC couldn't. Today the Sony and MS consoles are just cut down PCs. The Switch is cool with its hybrid design and the Joy-Cons but even it's getting long in the tooth, I can already emulate my Switch library in much higher resolution on my entry-level HTPC with an RTX 3090.

There's nothing entry-level about a PC with an RTX 3090. That graphics card is reaching over $2,800 on Ebay.

I'm using an RTX 2080 Super in my main rig, and an EVGA 1080 Classified in my living room PC. I want to replace my 2009 Samsung 52" 1080p television in the living room with a 55" 4K/120hz Free-Sync/G-Sync television, but I know that the only way I'm going to take advantage of that, is by getting a PS5 or Xbox Series X. The RTX 2080 Ti is selling on average for $1,500 on the used market, which is about $400 more than what I could get the GPU for back in 2020 and buying an RTX 3070 for @$1,100 would be a waste of cash.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01-19-2022 at 01:26 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    There's nothing entry-level about a PC with an RTX 3090. That graphics card is reaching over $2,800 on Ebay.

I'm using an RTX 2080 Super in my main rig, and an EVGA 1080 Classified in my living room PC. I want to replace my 2009 Samsung 52" 1080p television in the living room with a 55" 4K/120hz Free-Sync/G-Sync television, but I know that the only way I'm going to take advantage of that, is by getting a PS5 or Xbox Series X. The RTX 2080 Ti is selling on average for $1,500 on the used market, which is about $400 more than what I could get the GPU for back in 2020 and buying an RTX 3070 for @$1,100 would be a waste of cash.
    Yeah lol maybe it was a bit of a waste. Just with Omicron going around and stuff being canceled I had nothing better to do so I put together a new PC. The games look fine on the Switch already.

LOVE it, SEGA next please Phil
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

You don't want Microsoft owning Sega.

I do thanks. I'd love to see SEGA part of the Xbox family.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I do thanks. I'd love to see SEGA part of the Xbox family.
    Yeah, I think it could be good too. Game Pass has been good for Sega and it's not like Microsoft is likely to change Sega's IPs, for the most part as long a studio makes money I don't think Microsoft cares what they do.

I just think it's hilarious how Microsoft now owns Sony's former mascot Crash Bandicoot. I don't think that has ever happened before. Doubt they do anything with it though.

Thread Information