Quantcast

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: So M$ is gobbling up Activision/Blizzard!?

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Yes he does. "most Americans find it bizarre" as if that has any real meaning. Because what Americans think means more. Americans think something is strange therefore it can't be good. Even tho those games sold the best in the US but again gotta change the narrative! He's so full of shit.
    I have to say, as an American, saying "Americans think..." is almost never a good argument for anything.

I guess we can let Baloo enjoy playing Call of Duty for the zillionth time. After all, look at the stock price! If it makes you feel more like a man to blow a polygonal Nazi's head off, knock yourself out.

I mean he's not totally wrong blades. All those Sega IPs really can't hold a candle to people who play a ton of Wow, Candy Cursh, or CoD. I'm not saying they're bad games but they're nowhere near as known as those other IPs.
    05/05/15

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Let's all knock it off with the namecalling and the insults in this thread.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yakuza is a great series, and Persona/SMT is a video game series for weeaboos with no mass appeal at all, sales be damned. From the company that gave us:
    Funny how you call for fewer insults and name-calling and then in almost the same sentence calling people "weeaboos". How ironic.

I'm not sure why calling out TA for being an obtuse console fanboy (which he is) is wrong, but it is perfectly ok to insult people who enjoy games, Japanese culture, and Anime in general. Interesting.
    Last edited by stu; 01-24-2022 at 02:46 PM.

Now now Stu, You know he wasn't calling anyone in particular a weeaboo. I think in general the term is more to describe the type of games that they are. Unless you can maybe come up with a single word to describe these type of games, I think weeaboo is pretty much on point. lol
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I mean he's not totally wrong blades. All those Sega IPs really can't hold a candle to people who play a ton of Wow, Candy Cursh, or CoD. I'm not saying they're bad games but they're nowhere near as known as those other IPs.
    I don't agree that that diminishes their value. The mass-appealing IPs sell great, but they are replaceable by the next mass-appealing IP. Their inherent value is minimal. Meanwhile, fans clamored for Yakuza 5 in English for years, until Sony relented and financed it themselves. It wasn't a colossal hit, but Yakuza is still around. Demand like that will always be small because of human nature, but it is steady. Notice that they're now rereleasing the Yakuza games, even the PS2 originals a few years ago. When will the original Halo on Xbox be rereleased? Nagoshi still had to go through hell and back to get Yakuza 1 published with Sega, but he was able to.

Throwing away Sega's traditional focus on creativity for short-term profits would be a colossal mistake in the long run. We have seen what this type of thinking leads to with GM, Ford, and Chrysler. Where are they now? Where is Konami?

Konami is pretty much a shell of it's former self. After their work culture practices got exposed, they've been sorta shunned by a lot of people in general.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You act like a child, you get treated as a child. Did you post this while wearing your Sonic Undroos, boys ages 8-12?

Iím not even going to waste my time responding to the rest of your nonsense here.

Well when the facts don't help you, it's best not..

And this Sonic fan also knows that even when you buy games physical games on the PC you need the internet, just like most PC games

The only game I bought was Fist of the Northstar because the other games were boring as hell to me.
    Well thanks for the honesty, but that sort of sums up the old SEGA fan... When you dont invest time or your money in a corp, it becomes easy not to be imprssed with their output
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I don't agree that that diminishes their value. The mass-appealing IPs sell great, but they are replaceable by the next mass-appealing IP. Their inherent value is minimal. Meanwhile, fans clamored for Yakuza 5 in English for years, until Sony relented and financed it themselves. It wasn't a colossal hit, but Yakuza is still around. Demand like that will always be small because of human nature, but it is steady. Notice that they're now rereleasing the Yakuza games, even the PS2 originals a few years ago. When will the original Halo on Xbox be rereleased? Nagoshi still had to go through hell and back to get Yakuza 1 published with Sega, but he was able to.

Throwing away Sega's traditional focus on creativity for short-term profits would be a colossal mistake in the long run. We have seen what this type of thinking leads to with GM, Ford, and Chrysler. Where are they now? Where is Konami?

The Master Chief collection came out some time ago. You can even switch the graphics between the original Halo and the remaster on the fly.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    OK.

Funny how you call for fewer insults and name-calling and then in almost the same sentence calling people "weeaboos". How ironic.

I'm not sure why calling out TA for being an obtuse console fanboy (which he is) is wrong, but it is perfectly ok to insult people who enjoy games, Japanese culture, and Anime in general. Interesting.
    WOW, I know me and you and you haven't seen eye to eye, but thanks for the kind words
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

This is literally a thread about how Microsoft spent $70 billion to acquire the publisher of these games. But I am sure Microsoft will pay twice as much for SEGA because they've got Yakuza and Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, those are as American as Apple Pie itself BonusKun!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Oh, poor 45-50-year-old SEGA fan wants his Altered Beast. Who gives a shit? SEGA is not trying to appeal to you. There weren't enough of you in the 90s to keep them going.
    Terrible logic here, my friend.
    It was Sega who gave the middle finger to the US (or western in general) for a whole gen, not the other way round.

Altered Beast never received a sequel or an improved port for the Saturn. The same for Streets of Rage, Golden Axe (the beat'em up, not that Duel shit), Ristar, Ecco, etc.
    They also raped some of their IPs with the terrible Saturn's Virtua Racing and that thing they called Hang-On GP.

Nobody abandoned Sega in the 90s more than Sega themselves. They fucked over the retailers who trust them, the developers who were loyal to them and also their customers which were actually fans of their brand up until 1994 or so.
    Those were all choices made by them and not by gamers.

Sonic games got progressively worse as you upgraded hardware too. Your mileage may vary but it's almost a consensus that both Sonic CD and Chaotix are not as good as the regular series on the Mega Drive. And to play those two games you'd have spent a truckload of money on hardware upgrades.
    Then you upgrade again to the Saturn for $100 extra when compared to the PS1 and get either a dolled up 16-bit isometric game made by a 3rd party or an on-foot 3D racing game by the same 3rd party company which was actually developing a F1 game in the first place.
    I mean, how dare those Altered Beast fans stop financing all this nonsense.

And, even so, a lot of those same people you blamed still gave Sega a second chance with the Dreamcast 'cause the line-up was really solid and you actually had a first party Sonic game there.
    Then Sega quit soon after.

Sega has a lot of Sega to blame for their downfall and current brand value, especially when it comes to western audiences.
    Last edited by Barone; 01-24-2022 at 05:23 PM.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Now now Stu, You know he wasn't calling anyone in particular a weeaboo. I think in general the term is more to describe the type of games that they are. Unless you can maybe come up with a single word to describe these type of games, I think weeaboo is pretty much on point. lol
    The word is always meant as an insult and he grossly misused it. The term is reserved for those people you see wearing Naruto headbands in public and online use Japanese words thrown into sentences or call people Chan at the end of a person's name. The types that buy body pillows with anime girls on them. That shit isn't for me either but anything anime is not weeb stuff. I promise you those people are not into Angel Cop or Wicked City as a general rule.
    Persona and Esp Shin Megami Tensei do not fall under that banner of weeb. The subject matter is more adult and SMT esp.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    WOW, I know me and you and you haven't seen eye to eye, but thanks for the kind words

I think you misunderstood my earlier post, for the record, I think most of the criticism you've been receiving is justified.
    You apparently fail to see that Game Pass is FAR BIGGER than Xbox or even Xbox and PC combined. Game Pass will encompass being able to game on any device, it will be completely independent of a specific machine. Game Pass will still exist long after the Xbox console is a dim and distant memory. The Xbox will be as relevant to Game Pass in the future as the DVD rental business of Netflix is to the streaming service today. The Xbox console will be dead and buried in about 10 years, it will be irrelevant.

Frankly, your stubborn refusal to see this and your constant arguing that it only matters to the Xbox console and playing it off as Xbox "getting one over" PlayStation is immensely frustrating to most people.

That said, I don't believe that people should slag off an entire sub section of gaming by using such a term like Baloo used, just because they don't like it. Labelling people that like that style of games as Weeboos is insulting and hypocritical considering what was said before that.
    Last edited by stu; 01-24-2022 at 11:54 PM.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

He's an idiot. Logic escapes him at every turn Stu.

Just look at that goofy (Captain Obvious) post he made about those Sonic games, as if those games requiring the internet adds anything to the discussion.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Iíve been trying to get into Persona on the PSP. The bubblegum pop music is ear bleeding annoying and several of the characters are cringy looking. I donít even know if I want to try PS5 on the PS3, after seeing that. It feels like an RPG made for little girls.
    I canít really argue with that Ö my wife loves Persona 5

Thread Information