Quantcast

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: So M$ is gobbling up Activision/Blizzard!?

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Yay TA! You picked the right side this time!!!
    OMG Microsoft has finally avenged Sega!!!!!!!! Go Phil, go!!!

Sony lost the console wars thanks to people like you TA; oh, man, you're a true hero! A true Sega man!

Now write another letter to Santa and tell him that you want MS to buy Sega! They'll bring back the super scalers and have the next Xbox with an ASIC for sprite scaling just like the Mega CD had.
    Go TA! It's your time to shine, make us proud! Now that you and MS have defeated evil Sony all we need is your help to put Sega back on top.

Maybe a good time for the Dreamcast 2 or the Xbox Dream; with MS using Sega's IPs to finally push bloody Nintendo out of the business.

Oh, wow, TA; you're a legend. Keep up the good work!
    LOL Repped. TA's plan for Micro$oft domination in *yet another* market. Because you obviously can never have too much Micro$$$$oft..

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Your point about Sonic on the PC not really being the physical game is you being Captain Obvious TA. Anybody that has gamed on a PC for the past 10 years knows that. The physical media you pop into your PS4/5 or Xbox One/Series consoles isnít the full game either. Forza Horizon 5 is around 100 GB of data, which no single BR disc is capable of holding. You need the internet to actually play that game on Xbox. Resistance 3 wonít even work on the PS3 without a patch and the early PS3 consoles canít even install it right; all you get is a black screen when trying to play the game. Physical media for gaming is pretty much dead. The case and CD are just there to make you believe that you own a physical copy of the game.
    Not defending TA, but there are still a lot of games which do come on the disc. Just these a-hole AAA companies that believe games have to be super massive to be good might be jumping ship on the physical format. I mean, they're charging $70 now, can't they bump it up to a 4K Blu Ray disc? In the case of Halo Infinite, they only put 12GB on the disc, and the entire campaign game is 28GB. You've got to download the other half.

Also as you know, some assholic publishers just put like 100MB on, and make you download the entire thing like your copy of MX vs ATV was, the "anniversary edition" or whatever. That game is not over 50 GB, can't be. Even with all DLC that was included, I wouldn't believe it. They just don't wanna put it on the disc, so why even manufacture one?

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

I have a physical copy (with the Collectorís tin case) of Axiom Verge for the PC. Even if I wanted to install it straight from the disc, Steam starts downloading the game instead. The game file isnít even 1 GB. It seems like every Switch game I get has at least a 100 MB download before I can play it. Him bringing up a PC game was the worst example, because there was absolutely no way that any of the A games in the last decade for the platform could fit on the single CD shipped in the case. Still, what point was he trying to make, when all of that was already brought up before he posted that.

Iíd rep ya Barone, but I have to spread to love elsewhere 1st.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01-30-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Sony lost the console wars thanks to people like you TA; oh, man, you're a true hero! A true Sega man!

Now write another letter to Santa and tell him that you want MS to buy Sega! They'll bring back the super scalers and have the next Xbox with an ASIC for sprite scaling just like the Mega CD had.
    Go TA! It's your time to shine, make us proud! Now that you and MS have defeated evil Sony all we need is your help to put Sega back on top.

Maybe a good time for the Dreamcast 2 or the Xbox Dream; with MS using Sega's IPs to finally push bloody Nintendo out of the business.

Ok I admit it. I laughed at this way more then I should have....
    05/05/15

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Can't rep Barone.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

I gave him a rare moderator's rep. He deserved it.
    05/05/15

Thanks, mate,

Keep on with the good fight too, You true Mega Drive Hero and an inspiration to many a young whippersnapper

Now, write a letter to Santa asking him for more colours and then you can really shine in 256 glory
    Then write another letter and ask him to bring back Tom to SEGA So the Mega Drive will live on and outsell the PlayStation, Xbox and put Nintendo out of business (we can but hope) Just please be gentle with my Phil, that's all I ask.

To fight like you takes AGES
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Yep, I'd said it earlier that the FTC might block this takeover, much like they're doing with Nvidia's attempt to acquire ARM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi

FTC can fuck off. Who are they helping by delaying these deals? Not really surprised though given the current administration, seems slowing down business as much as possible is the top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    FTC can fuck off. Who are they helping by delaying these deals? Not really surprised though given the current administration, seems slowing down business as much as possible is the top priority.
    There's a lot of crooked shit with them too. Former members getting cush jobs from Microsoft, after they drop the charges against them for a monopoly on PC operating systems.

Thread Information