Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter - Affinity Sorrow!

Default Kickstarter - Affinity Sorrow!

It's been a long time coming, but we've finally launched the campaign this morning!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rpg-adventure/

Thanks everyone <3

Since I saw the first trailer over 10 years ago I wanted it to happen someday.
    For me it is the most exciting release since Pier Solar.

Outrunner

How is this not getting more attention? Ive backed it but you must promise the placeholder music track with the bagpipes makes the final cut!

I'm on this Kickstarter. Looking forward to it!

Also hoping that all version get a clamshell case. I really prefer them over cardboard boxes.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

I certainly hope that the $68 pledge gets you a clam case. A cardboard case at that price is criminal.

SEGA-Jorge

Outrunner

They just sent an update to confirm the case will be plastic clamshell. To be honest I kind of expected it to be - was only Super Fighter Team who insisted on crappy cardboard boxes and missed out on sales to me at least.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Pledged for an earlybird cart copy but wanted to get a CIB copy as well. I see there was an update to DM them to add it to the order since there wasn't an add-on option.

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

Like: good pixelart and portraits like usual from jav; different tilesets already shown, campaign is generally well presented

not-so-like: generic-final-fantasy-looking character sprite and battle view (some actual animation maybe or just a bit more of a distinct look would get me way more excited);
    the actual trailer for the campaign is a bit low quality and doesn't show much of the good stuff that's actually in the campaign.
    It doesn't matter though, I don't even need to look at the funds raised to know this is getting funded fast! good job

Retrogaming lore videos on YouTube

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.
    All regions, unlicensed, unreleased, homebrews...

Quote Originally Posted by woodcan View Post
    Pledged for an earlybird cart copy but wanted to get a CIB copy as well. I see there was an update to DM them to add it to the order since there wasn't an add-on option.
    We've added Add-ons for this, but they aren't showing up on some reward tiers. I've contacted Kickstarter for some help with this, because it does say "available on 15 tiers", which would be everything except the digital and donation tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    Like: good pixelart and portraits like usual from jav; different tilesets already shown, campaign is generally well presented

not-so-like: generic-final-fantasy-looking character sprite and battle view (some actual animation maybe or just a bit more of a distinct look would get me way more excited);
    the actual trailer for the campaign is a bit low quality and doesn't show much of the good stuff that's actually in the campaign.
    It doesn't matter though, I don't even need to look at the funds raised to know this is getting funded fast! good job
    Thanks for the kind words! The battles will be more than we've shown - this is just a proof of concept of it at the moment since a full fledged battle system will take longer. But we definitely intend on it being more than we've shown.

Also, we've hit over 70%! Thank you all so far!

Master of Shinobi

Good luck to you, I can tell you have put a ton of work into this already.

Unpopular question, but will this be available on modern consoles too? The hand-drawn concept art looks really good, as do the still images, which appear to be 680x476 and >256 colors. After seeing that I'd rather just play the game as it looks now.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker HyperSnugz's Avatar

This looks amazing, I love the sprite work
    The 32X deserved to exist, if only to pave the way for the creation of the best waifu ever.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Cristiano Sword's Avatar

The project is incredible! I love the art style^^

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Good luck to you, I can tell you have put a ton of work into this already.

Unpopular question, but will this be available on modern consoles too? The hand-drawn concept art looks really good, as do the still images, which appear to be 680x476 and >256 colors. After seeing that I'd rather just play the game as it looks now.
    Thank you! Funnily enough, that's not an unpopular question! We'd love to get it on a modern console, but our first goal is to get it finished for the Genesis/Mega Drive. We've never done any current gen development, so I'm not sure what the learning curve is, and I don't want to promise something that might take even longer, ya know? It's in our minds for sure, though!

As for the images of the game graphics - they all follow the Genesis/Mega Drives restrictions with colors and are all arranged tiles

Quote Originally Posted by HyperSnugz View Post
    This looks amazing, I love the sprite work
    Thank you! Jav does some incredible work!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano Sword View Post
    The project is incredible! I love the art style^^
    Thank you! Art credit all goes to Jav

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

If you'd like to deploy a Gen rom on Switch/Xbox, you may want to collab with MegaCat. Though with the release being in 3 years, this isn't quite an immediate question.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by dra600n View Post
    It's been a long time coming, but we've finally launched the campaign this morning!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rpg-adventure/

Thanks everyone <3
    So looking over the kick starter, there's a lot of language indicating that the project is still in a very early phase (a lot of "we plan to..' ,etc), and the projected delivery deadline says December 2024. Is that the actual expected deadline or just some wiggle room in case of delays? If this is the expected deadline, why did the team choose to put up the kickstarter now as opposed to being further along in development?

Thread Information