Quantcast

Thread: Controller button cheat search/edit tool

Default Controller button cheat search/edit tool

New program that lets you enter a controller button cheat and will search for it in your ROM and let you edit it. You can change the button sequence to anything you want, and in some cases you can even shorten the button sequence to just 1 button.

In the screen shot, it searched for the controller button cheat in Mortal Kombat (Genesis) that enables the cheat menu (Down, Up ,Left ,Left ,A ,Right ,Down). It found a match, so I set it so that you only have to press B to activate the cheat, then clicked the patch button. I tested the newly patched ROM and pressing B brings up the cheat menu option.

Full description and download here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1666/

Will have it on my site shortly.

Thats awesome Tony!!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Thats awesome Tony!!
    Thank you.

Small update to the program (ver 1.0a). I Forgot to mention that patching some Genesis/32x ROMs can cause the ROM to fail the checksum check that some games use. If you get a blank red or black screen and the game wonít run with your newly patched ROM, it almost certainly means itís a checksum issue, but can be easily fixed with a master code, or a program like Patchinator (available on my site, or RHDN). See the Readme for details. There is no change to the program besides adding some info to the "Help" button and the Readme file.

The updated version is now on my site and at RHDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Thank you.

Small update to the program (ver 1.0a). I Forgot to mention that patching some Genesis/32x ROMs can cause the ROM to fail the checksum check that some games use. If you get a blank red or black screen and the game wonít run with your newly patched ROM, it almost certainly means itís a checksum issue, but can be easily fixed with a master code, or a program like Patchinator (available on my site, or RHDN). See the Readme for details. There is no change to the program besides adding some info to the "Help" button and the Readme file.

The updated version is now on my site and at RHDN.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tony H again."
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

Thread Information