Quantcast

Thread: Stories from the Book of Genesis Vol. 42

Genesis Stories from the Book of Genesis Vol. 42

Collecting video games can be fun and exciting, and it can be difficult to have to let a collection go. One challenge many new to the hobby face is high prices. Even the less-expensive Japanese versions aren't immune, as one collector found in the latest installment of our Stories from the Book of Genesis series. Read the full article for more details.

JPEC83, you made it out on top! To enjoy two great collections for cheap and sell them both at the top of the market. And who knows, it might rebound and prices drop in later decades and we will be right back to where we started. Or not, but you still got to enjoy the thrill of the hunt and make a buck off of it too! My dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

This is a depressing story to me, mainly because of how stupid expensive retro games have become but also the realization that Akihabara I've always dreamed of being able to visit is effectively dead, same as the Sega Arcade. I think Joseph did well in getting to enjoy games for a bit then use them to fund some major life expenses. I just moved myself, and having to spend so much time and money moving my collection, a collection I frankly don't play nearly enough to justify anymore, seems rather ridiculous to me. Selling seems to be it own pain though, having to take lots of pictures, catalog stuff, dealing with collectors... I'm not sure which headache is worse.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

These speculative prices are becoming prohibitive, its very sad

Thread Information