Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sacred Line II: Official Thread

Wildside Expert

Default Sacred Line II: Official Thread

Sacred Line II is a brand new adventure game being made exclusively for Sega Mega Drive / Genesis, which serves as both a sequel and a prequel to Sacred Line Genesis.

It follows the story of Sarah, a girl with a troubled past, who was kidnapped by the religious cult Svete Namjere ("Holy Intentions"). She dies after being attacked by one of the cult members, but then comes back to the world of the living aided by a mysterious force. Set in the year 1999 of an alternate reality world, where Yugoslavia still exists, she tries to keep it from crumbling.
    The game is about 2-3 times bigger than Sacred Line Genesis, featuring more exploration options, puzzles and battles.

Finished game date: March 2022
    Official page: http://sashadarko.com/sacred-line-ii/

As for the cartridge release: there's a publisher who is interested in releasing the game on cartridges, but it all depends on me providing a satisfiable product.

There are two special options available for a limited time for people who wish to support the game financially and become a part of it. You will get a beta version of the game before its release after the and you will get a full version once it's finished, along with the soundtrack.

One of these two options is to become a Founder of the game, your name will be mentioned in the Credits as a significant person who helped make it happen and you will also get a separate version with your name being featured in the game main menu.

There's also an option to get your own personal DLC Game with a Survivor story where you are the hero inside the game world, featuring your own adventure. It will be finished in 21 days after the order and you will get a full game with an unique script having over 10.000+ characters, 10+ new graphics scenes and a new soundtrack (with at least three music tracks).
    More info on the game page: http://sashadarko.com/sacred-line-ii/

Screenshots:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sashadarko; 02-28-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker rideordie71's Avatar

sashadarko, I am looking to fund but there isn't clear instructions on the official page on how to do so and where/how to provide details for the tiers.
    Send money, order where/how? Paypal?
    Let us know so that myself and others can get in on this.

Also, you mentioned possible physical cartridge release- "depends on (you) providing a satisfiable product"
    -will funders be able to grab a cartridge at a discounted rate or included in pledge or ?
    -would cartridge only (possibly) be available AFTER digital version at which point those who pledged and received digital version would have to buy/pledge again to receive cart version?

Thanks
    Last edited by rideordie71; 02-17-2022 at 06:35 AM. Reason: add content

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Question

sashadarko - The game made with using of GINCS Studio?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

PM'd you about helping provide editing help (also interested in a physical copy when released).

Wildside Expert

@rideordie71

Sorry for not mentioning about e-mail being the PayPal one.
    I've updated the page now and will add some more details later.

I won't be the person responsible for the cartridge production, so there won't be any discount bonuses.
    But in that case I'll be working on both Digital and Print versions getting their own exclusive mini-campaigns to support both. And both versions will go their own way.
    When the first game was released by Watermelon, the digital and cartridge versions had minor graphical differences, I'd like to go further this time.
    As for the Tiers themselves, Tier 1 and Tier 3 are possible to do only digitally. Tier 2 buyers would be mentioned in a Print edition if they manage to purchase it before ROM goes to cartridges. Tier 2 option will be removed from sale after release since it's there for those who want to support game development.

@CiNEPHiL

Yes.

@Scrobins09

Thank you! I'll respond later once I go through the game about 2-3 more times to see if every line is close to being final.
    Last edited by sashadarko; 02-17-2022 at 08:03 PM.

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

I liked the first game! It was a bit short but I thought it was good.
    I'd like to play this too, best of luck with the process!

Retrogaming lore videos on YouTube

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.
    All regions, unlicensed, unreleased, homebrews...

I just pledged $39.99 for Tier 2 and sent you details in paypal note for nickname. Funds will clear on February 22, 2022 (tomorrow) according to paypal.
    *Let me know when you know about physical release so that I can get in on that please.
    Last edited by rideordie71; 02-21-2022 at 07:09 AM. Reason: add more content

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rideordie71 View Post
    I just pledged $39.99 for Tier 2 and sent you details in paypal note for nickname. Funds will clear on February 22, 2022 (tomorrow) according to paypal.
    *Let me know when you know about physical release so that I can get in on that please.
    Just sent you a message via PM with Tier 2 and details about Tier 3, I hope it was delivered.

Will the game be longer? I recall the original game (which I own) was really short. Is there a system for handling rolls now? Why was that even done with physical dice begin with? I have so many questions. I'm all for more point and click adventure games, and interactive novels. I just hope the games are larger in scope.

@sashadarko
    I did receive the PM. I had more questions on tier 3, I sent you reply PM but forgot to tick box to include save to sent messages so I hope that response got to you.
    I just want more clarification before I try to convince my wife to allow me to pledge for tier 3 please. She doesn't particularly like that I spend so much (not to me) of old gaming.

Wildside Expert

In light of recent events, it's important to state that I hate Putin, I don't support the war he started and I have a rule to never deal with anyone who supports him and his beliefs. I never liked Russian government and I don't want to be associated with this country. Mentally I'd say I'm closer to both Poland and US.

The war affects me directly and brings a lot of troubles, the most crucial one is about getting and sending money. The game is finished now and what's left is just two more rounds of proofreading, but I have literally no idea what to do next after that.

Right now I'm working on a personal DLC order, and while I do so under heavy stress because of the war, I like the result so far and this is a very interesting opportunity.
    Last edited by sashadarko; 02-27-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Bitcoin?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Bitcoin?
    There will be a special item available that can only be bought with crypto.
    But it won't be accepted for anything else.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Well, I thought it would make sense to sell the normal stuff via crypto, if other funding channels are closed to you.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Hi Sasha first of my apologies if there's something I've been messed or not read correctly however~~~~ apart from the using of an everdrive for ROM file is this game actually going to be published in a physical release? I'm asking because there seems to be some avoiding around the answer.
    I'm actually a fan of the original game although clearly did have need for many improvements and that is the general census. understand that watermelon will not be involved in any publishing of the sequel. just would like to know are you intending to make some physical copies.

I think in regards to Ukraine I certainly always hoped that I would not see a war in my lifetime I'm hoped naively people might learn from history and in 2022 more civilised to move past that, leaving history books and Wars to be played out in video games..

I think it's important to note that a lot of Russians do not support or feel the need for war but will be punished and tarred with the same brush all the same.

my thoughts not just go to the innocent Ukrainian's also for the loss of life on both sides whatever the outcome no winners

Thread Information