Quantcast

Thread: Newer 3 - 8 player games.

Default Newer 3 - 8 player games.

I'm looking for homebrews, unlicensed games or even hacks, that allow for 3 - 8 players on the Mega Drive, and can be played on Everdrives/Flash Carts.

Many years ago, on this thread: https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...080#post214080, "chessage" posted his SUPER COMPRESSED list, and it is amazing! And, I've played many of these games

I guess what I'm looking for is, any games that were made, after that post. The 2 that I can think of just now are Star Chasers (2014) 4-players and Sonic Classic Heroes (2012) 3-players.

Thank you, in advance.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I don't think much (any?) homebrew supports the multitaps. Multitap hw itself is somewhat rare, but demand for local multiplayer is pretty low nowadays. Folks got old and live far from friends, so online it tends to be.

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    I don't think much (any?) homebrew supports the multitaps. Multitap hw itself is somewhat rare, but demand for local multiplayer is pretty low nowadays. Folks got old and live far from friends, so online it tends to be.
    Star Chasers is a fun 4-player game, made in 2014, and the rom can be downloaded to use with original hardware. I've read it works with any of the multitaps (I can confirm, it defo works with the EA multitap AKA 4 Way Play)

I could be wrong but, I think I seen a 6-player homebrew a while back

I haven't tried Sonic Classic Heroes on original hardware yet but, will do later!

I'm sure there must be others!

I seen a hack as well for 4-player Rock "n" Roll Racing but sadly, can only be done, via online
    Scotland's only retro eSports group! www.facebook.com/ScottishRetroTournaments

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Bone Marrow has 4 player and was planning PVP and 2x2.

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...-by-PSCD-Games

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeenlad1983 View Post
    I seen a hack as well for 4-player Rock "n" Roll Racing but sadly, can only be done, via online
    Battle City for 1-8 players port+hack - latest version beta12. (2020)

Rock n' Roll Racing hack v16 support up to 6 players, but yes, only via netplay emulators. (Tip: you can launch 2-3 emulators on 1 PC, and connect locally, emulator must support input from not focused window).

Cannon Fodder control hack for 8 players (not tested) - I can send this rom only for someone who really able to test.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Vitya View Post
    Cannon Fodder control hack for 8 players (not tested) - I can send this rom only for someone who really able to test.
    Please, send me the ROM. I'm able to test it.

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeenlad1983 View Post
    Many years ago, on this thread: https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...080#post214080, "chessage" posted his SUPER COMPRESSED list, and it is amazing! And, I've played many of these games
    That was ironed out just a few days after I joined Sega-16. Not one of my better efforts, but still, thanks for the nod!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Xhojn's Avatar

I picked up a 4 way adapter a month back and always looking for more games to play The hard part is finding 3 other people to play with :P

Thread Information