Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS1 games we wish were on Sega Saturn

Default PS1 games we wish were on Sega Saturn

In keeping with the what-if trends, what 32-bit era games do you wish had made it to the Sega Saturn that were on the PS1? For me:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (US)
    Metal Gear Solid
    Magical Tetris Challenge
    Tomb Raider II
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

The games I would have liked to see on the Saturn would be

Resident Evil 2

GTA - Given the flat floor and if the planned Saturn title used the VDP2 I think it may have ended up looking better than the PS version

Colin McRae Rally

F1 - I was gutted when the planned Saturn version was canned

R- Type 1/II

The Raiden Project

Wing Commander 3

Zanax X Zanax

Harmful Park

Driver
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Wildside Expert

Metal Gear Solid is the big one for me, if this was released on the Saturn I never would have purchased a PS1.

Pro Evolution Soccer, me and my mates used to play this endlessly. Would be interesting if they could get it running satisfactorily on Saturn.

Ridge Racer - just for the sake of comparison and see what kind of the job the Saturn could do.

Time Crisis - after the incredible job the Saturn did with Virtua Cop. Iím sure it could pull off Time Crisis.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Klanoa
    Front Mission 3
    Vandal Hearts 2
    Colony Wars
    Wild Arms
    Alundra
    NFL Gameday
    Elemental Gearbolt
    Vampire Night
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Final Fantasy VII. Really the only spot that would truly be difficult to pull off would be the transparencies in the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Resident Evil 2
    Here you go:
    Last edited by TrekkiesUnite118; 03-08-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I have a different view, I wouldn't like any ps1 games I would like the games the dreamcast prevented the saturn from having them. Especially virtua fighter 3, maybe street fighter 3.

the Sega Saturn was a victim of time, it was placed in a situation where it didn't sell and had its software retrograde because the money was going to the Dreamcast project

more than the game the saturn needed sales, new markets, in place of the Dreamcast Sega should have forced the Saturn on the market in developing countries.

The Sega Saturn needed to find a niche that would guarantee it at least another 15 million units sold by 2000 to end the cycle with 25 million.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

I didn't pick Final Fantasy VII, because of the full screen transparencies happening during summons.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Every RPG PS1 got not on Saturn. Esp all Square RPGs.
    Armored Core.
    Rising Zan.
    Strider 2.
    Klonoa.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    I have a different view, I wouldn't like any ps1 games I would like the games the dreamcast prevented the saturn from having them. Especially virtua fighter 3, maybe street fighter 3.

the Sega Saturn was a victim of time, it was placed in a situation where it didn't sell and had its software retrograde because the money was going to the Dreamcast project

more than the game the saturn needed sales, new markets, in place of the Dreamcast Sega should have forced the Saturn on the market in developing countries.

The Sega Saturn needed to find a niche that would guarantee it at least another 15 million units sold by 2000 to end the cycle with 25 million.
    Yeah right ...Virtua Fighter 3. .. on Saturn.
    15 million more sold by 2000.... Of course

Man Sega should of hired you back in 1998. Second coming of Kalinske there.
    Bring out the SGL3 that gives the Saturn 1000000 polys/second. Everyone would bow to the Saturn.

How many bong hits have you had today?

I think you need to lay down and sleep it off

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

haters.

the graphics wouldn't be even close to arcade obviously but they would be superior to virtua fighter 2 and would also sell more than the pathetic sales of VF3 in the Dreamcast version. the game on the Dreamcast is good but people wanted more, on the saturn it would be all square but given the proportions, the game would be acclaimed.

this is all in the past, i like saturn as it is, these games would just be complements.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Yeah right ...Virtua Fighter 3. .. on Saturn.
    15 million more sold by 2000.... Of course

Man Sega should of hired you back in 1998. Second coming of Kalinske there.
    Bring out the SGL3 that gives the Saturn 1000000 polys/second. Everyone would bow to the Saturn.

How many bong hits have you had today?

I think you need to lay down and sleep it off
    We actually recently acquired SGL 3.2 and SBL 6.2. They did not appear to give any significant performance boost. If anything the DMA library seems to be slower/more buggy.
    Last edited by TrekkiesUnite118; 03-09-2022 at 12:07 AM.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    We actually recently acquired SGL 3.2 and SBL 6.2. They did not appear to give any significant performance boost. If anything the DMA library seems to be slower/more buggy.
    Yeah I was just referencing all the rumors from a few years ago about the mythical Saturn VF3 port and how the Sega Graphics Library v3 would somehow unlock "untapped power" within the Saturn to give a million polys/sec. Figured it would work well here with SegaAMD's nutball post.

I noticed from here that SegaXtreme had the SGL3, someone on there even made a "let's share the shenmue sample and the 1 millions polys" comment there as well ...lolol
    https://segaxtreme.net/threads/newes...-ndiddy.25116/

Wildside Expert

Couldn't we have seen Virtua Fighter 3 on Saturn though ?
    Run the game on the Virtua Fighter 2 engine and add the gameplay and character changes ?
    Yeah the graphics wouldn't be close to the arcade or Dreamcast but still acceptable for most folk, rather like playing SSF2 on MegaDrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    Couldn't we have seen Virtua Fighter 3 on Saturn though ?
    We in effect did. They was nothing mythical about VF3 or indeed Sonic Fighters, coming to the Saturn, both were confirmed by Yu Suzuki to be coming . I suspect that the projects morphed into Fighters Megamix and the main port of VF3 even the one with the Cart upgrade, dropped in favour of the DC, when the DC project began to take off inside SEGA. Fighters Megamix VF characters are using the most polygons seen in a Saturn VF game and many feature lots of the move set from VF3. Fighters MegaMix also features a number of Sonic Fighters characters and backrounds and Fighter Megamix for me shows the best SEGA could have done with any base unit Saturn port of VF3.

I really would have liked to had seen Ghost In The Shell on Saturn too. Those flat floors and flat cloud line would have been perfect for VDP2, very much like Ninpen
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Six Button Shooter Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

PS1 games that were ported to Saturn were underwhelming, so I would not ask for any. Maybe Wipeout XL released in NA.

BITD, sure I was envious that I couldn't play so many games on Saturn, but that just made me buy a PS1 eventually, problem solved.

I would love to have seen some of the cancelled games actually appear on Saturn though! Such as:

Eternal Champions! All 2D with bigger sprites, more FX and more colors. And an even further refined and improved fighting engine. Why SOJ did you feel threatened and axe this??

VF3 with a DSP / RAM cart to boost performance. Just one last hurrah. And to play it using Saturn pads and not the crappy DC controller.

Quick cash in sequels. Sega Rally '98, Manx TT '98, Sonic R '98. Keep the OG content, but add courses and modes and options.

Thread Information