Quantcast

Thread: Reasons #98345 to not connect PS3/Vita online. PS1 games disabled

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Mad Reasons #98345 to not connect PS3/Vita online. PS1 games disabled

https://www.eurogamer.net/digital-ga...ing-unplayable

I got a lot of flack for not wanting to connect my PS3 to the internet these days. Well, my purchased PS1 games would be disabled. So Sony can sell its new PS+ service.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Once again, the paying customer gets fucked, while the gentleman corsair plays his video games unmolested.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

It's why I like my physical PS1 games, they can't be disabled. I literally have never bought a single digitally distributed game through any online service before, other than Steam. Steam is the last company I'd ever imagine allowing something shitty like that to happen. Sony for sure, definitely Nintendo, maybe even Microsoft at some point. I'm kind of undecided about buying some of those GBA titles I don't own on the Wii U eShop. Probably won't do it. Just pirate them down the road.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

I don't have much. My physical PS3 disc of Strider the 2014 reboot came with a digital version of Strider arcade and Strider 2 on PS1. On Vita I own Threads of Fate and because the game is so insanely expensive I got Suikoden 2 on Vita.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Even if this is just a unintended bug, it still goes to show that Sony treats its consumers like crap. Just goes to show why there is no reason to buy digital games on anything but PC in the past year. Who knows when they will stop working after being sold to you? You own a license, not a renewable copy, like all software really.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    It's why I like my physical PS1 games, they can't be disabled. I literally have never bought a single digitally distributed game through any online service before, other than Steam. Steam is the last company I'd ever imagine allowing something shitty like that to happen. Sony for sure, definitely Nintendo, maybe even Microsoft at some point. I'm kind of undecided about buying some of those GBA titles I don't own on the Wii U eShop. Probably won't do it. Just pirate them down the road.
    At least with the GBA eShop titles, it's possible to extract them from the Wii U's RAM and convert them into playable ROMs. You can even load them onto your Switch or 3DS, if you have CFW.

It's just ridiculous this has to be done at all. People try to do the right thing and pay for games, only to get stabbed in the back again and again. I hope gamers get together and start filing class action lawsuits. That's the only way I see this changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Even if this is just a unintended bug, it still goes to show that Sony treats its consumers like crap. Just goes to show why there is no reason to buy digital games on anything but PC in the past year. Who knows when they will stop working after being sold to you? You own a license, not a renewable copy, like all software really.
    I agree that while this is a bug, It's a very fucking nasty one that shouldn't even exist.
    05/05/15

Thread Information