Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to make a new game

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Alex Kidd It's time to make a new game

Hey everyone. I hope you guys still remember me.

Yeah after a while I decided it's time to hear the call and go back to what I'm meant to do: Make games.

But unlike the previous times, I decided to go drastic: I quit my job and I'm putting it all in 2Dream. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was one that I had to take. The whole web application development was eating me up, and everything got tougher through 2020 and 2021. I know that what I did is the right thing to do for me and I have no regrets. I'm thankful to my past employers but it's time that I employ some people for a change!

Anyway, the die is cast and the wheels are in motion. My plan is to design a demo for our new game and present it at a time when I announce a crowdfunding campaign. Until then, I opened a Patreon page so that we can start building a community and help with a lot of R&D that we have been putting into our next release.

Yeah I didn't mentioned that part yet, right? Well we're waiting some additional developments on our end but I can say that we're developing to a new platform that hasn't seen any new hardware releases in a very long time. (Hint: we had to build a devkit for it)

Anyway, this seemed like the right place to post these news, if there's a better category, please let me know.

Let's go!

I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Saturn, eh? Or I suppose it could be Game Gear too. Can't wait to see what happens.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Best of lucks, Tulio! Can't wait to play whatever yo do.

Wildside Expert

システム16? Whatever it might be, welcome back!

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Saturn, eh? Or I suppose it could be Game Gear too. Can't wait to see what happens.
    The picture shows a 12.5 MHz 68000 and says it's the root of the Mega Drive. My first thought was the X Board but that's probably not it.

Anyway, welcome back Tulio, can't wait to see what you have in store.

Hehe that wasn't too hard was it?

I appreciate the support everyone has always given me here.

I'm glad to say we have a great deal of art and music done, as well as the GDD which has all the info we need for the first demo already in it.

The devkit is ready and working, I've posted a tweet with our first test done in it a few months ago.

Right now, as usual, I'm building the content creation tools.

I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Well, there are 2 games mentioned on your website……Hmmmm?

https://www.2dreamcorp.com/
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Well, there are 2 games mentioned on your website……Hmmmm?
    That's true. And I hope after making this project, I'll be able to make those two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    The picture shows a 12.5 MHz 68000 and says it's the root of the Mega Drive. My first thought was the X Board but that's probably not it.
    What pic?

What pic?
    He's referring to the public post on my Patreon page.

I don't see it, it says "unlock 1 exclusive post". But anyway, that's enough info

Master of Shinobi

I don't see it, it says "unlock 1 exclusive post". But anyway, that's enough info
    You have to scroll all the way down: https://www.patreon.com/posts/journey-begins-65075457

It looks a little different from other X Boards I've seen, must be different revisions or something. It's exciting to think we'll see another superscalar game though. Don't think I've ever seen so much as a tech demo for these boards.

I did scroll all the way down. Yesterday there were no posts, it just ended. Today it does show that, and one locked post. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    It looks a little different from other X Boards I've seen, must be different revisions or something.
    That's because it isn't an X Board, but somebody else guessed this correctly right away.

But since I'm always transparent, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm trying to push people to sign up on patreon, the board is a System 16B. It would be nice to make a game for X-Board as well as other boards, but I have to start somewhere and the System 16 seemed like the right choice given it's interlocked history as precursor to the Mega Drive. But if all goes well I can offer building to most SEGA arcade boards as a stretch goal! For now System 16 it is. The locked post has pictures of the devkit and other details.

It's a hard thing for me to decide what I keep locked and what I keep open. I want to give some extra value for whoever decides to help me make this possible. I need to build a demo to increase my chances of being successful on KS. I can't take WM's unexpected success as a sign that my game will fund immediately, so anything I can do keep myself afloat will help.

I also need to decide the timing for announcing the game itself, but I guess I should settle on a name first. 😅

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    That's because it isn't an X Board, but somebody else guessed this correctly right away.

But since I'm always transparent, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm trying to push people to sign up on patreon, the board is a System 16B. It would be nice to make a game for X-Board as well as other boards, but I have to start somewhere and the System 16 seemed like the right choice given it's interlocked history as precursor to the Mega Drive. But if all goes well I can offer building to most SEGA arcade boards as a stretch goal! For now System 16 it is. The locked post has pictures of the devkit and other details.

It's a hard thing for me to decide what I keep locked and what I keep open. I want to give some extra value for whoever decides to help me make this possible. I need to build a demo to increase my chances of being successful on KS. I can't take WM's unexpected success as a sign that my game will fund immediately, so anything I can do keep myself afloat will help.

I also need to decide the timing for announcing the game itself, but I guess I should settle on a name first. 😅
    LOL OK I totally misread your response. I didn't think it was an X Board at first, but then it looked like you were replying to my comment when you said "that wasn't too hard was it"

Which 16B game has a 12 MHz CPU though? I thought they were all clocked at 10. Unless I'm misunderstanding the P12 at the end of the name?

Thread Information