Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Orgins.

How did Jue Senoue manage to make the final music in Sonic Origins sound WORSE than the prototype mixes? And the new Super Sonic music sounds like a remix of the Sonic & Knuckles invincibility music...meh. They replaced the Competition Screen music as well, but the competition zones are now full-sized instead of bite-sized like in the original game. They also put in the prototype ending music in Sonic 3 when Sonic descends with the Master Emerald. The only decent track in the whole bunch in my view. The "new" replacements are not good melodically. But they didn't put in the prototype Sonic 3 credits medley because it of course had mixes of the MJ music. Just have the Sonic & Knuckles Credits medley. Biggest irony of them all? They didn't even eliminate Brad Buxer, Bobby Brooks, Scirocco Jones, Geoff Grace, Doug Grigsby III, Daryl Ross from the final credits of the game!

I am convinced this game would have never even been released if that prototype hadn't been released with the replacement tracks.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-22-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    My god. It got confirmed they have removed the Sonic 3 tracks MJ made/his team contributed to, so they are using the proto tracks. They got Jun Senoue back to "remaster" them, and JFC, just watch this:
    Thanks for the warning, a hard pass for me.

Total so fucking hard pass for me.
    05/05/15

I've got original copies of Sonic 3 and Knuckles as well as Sonic 3 Complete repro cart for Genesis, I'm sure this will spike the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Wow, some people are so rigidly stuck in the '90s it's absurd. Want to play Sonic 3 original? Pop the cartridge into your Genesis.

I'm looking forward to Jun's remasters.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Solution? Still, not buying it. Also, complaining about people being stuck in the nineties, on this site? It is to laugh.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

Oh I agree, there is laughing.

The replaced music I pretty much expected, but what I find more annoying are the other aspects they got wrong. For example the Special Stage music no longer speeds up as the game speeds up, and when you get the last blue sphere, it just abruptly cuts off.

7:00 mark:

Even Sonic Jam got this right (25:25 mark):

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    How did Jue Senoue manage to make the final music in Sonic Origins sound WORSE than the prototype mixes?
    That is a good question. If anything, the guy certainly knows how to cock up a tune, which is odd, as he did some bangers back during the 16-bit days.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    The replaced music I pretty much expected, but what I find more annoying are the other aspects they got wrong. For example the Special Stage music no longer speeds up as the game speeds up, and when you get the last blue sphere, it just abruptly cuts off.
    Getting the feeling this is classic SEGA rushing out an unfinished product. Stealth and the gang wouldn't have released it like this if they had they say so, imo.

https://twitter.com/HCStealth/status...eHVZ8AyQ3fXwEw

I'm extremely proud of my team for their performance under such pressure, but every one of us is very unhappy about the state of Origins and even the Sonic 3 component. We weren't too thrilled about its pre-submission state either but a lot was beyond our control.
    We asked to do major fixes near submission but weren't allowed due to submission and approval rules. We asked about delays early and repeatedly but were told they weren't possible. We offered to come back for post-release fixes and updates- we do not yet know if this is happening

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    https://twitter.com/HCStealth/status...eHVZ8AyQ3fXwEw

I'm extremely proud of my team for their performance under such pressure, but every one of us is very unhappy about the state of Origins and even the Sonic 3 component. We weren't too thrilled about its pre-submission state either but a lot was beyond our control.
    We asked to do major fixes near submission but weren't allowed due to submission and approval rules. We asked about delays early and repeatedly but were told they weren't possible. We offered to come back for post-release fixes and updates- we do not yet know if this is happening
    He's crazy to post that on the day of release. Incredibly unprofessional. No way he's being brought back for updates now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Wow, some people are so rigidly stuck in the '90s it's absurd. Want to play Sonic 3 original? Pop the cartridge into your Genesis.

I'm looking forward to Jun's remasters.
    Same. Bunch of spoiled fucking brats everywhere on the Internet. The Jackson tracks weren't that great and the redone music seems on tune with the PC collection from 97. They sound fine.

In less than day after release Fans have already made mods to restore the original sound track:

https://gamebanana.com/sounds/61710

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    Same. Bunch of spoiled fucking brats everywhere on the Internet. The Jackson tracks weren't that great and the redone music seems on tune with the PC collection from 97. They sound fine.
    I disagree with this partly. They're selling this as a lure to fans of the original games. The music was part of that so changing it would naturally put off some people who fondly remember those tracks.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    So very true, The soundtrack is beyond SEGA's control. I've seen it in films too, I have a VHS version of The Thing that doesn't have a Superstition track in it, it gets silly at times and that was going back bloody years.
    Many games have now been delisted and withdrawn from sale over music rights and issues. One of my mates had to take down his wedding video, due to the music being played in the background, it's just getting ridiculous over music copyrights and the less said about YouTube the better.

And like you say, you can still play the MD originals
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information