Quantcast

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: HD Retrovision Component cables are up for pre-order.

  1. #1
    End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    141

    Default HD Retrovision Component cables are up for pre-order.

    You can place an order and it will be available in a couple of weeks.

    https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/hd-retrovision
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  2. #2
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Pre-ordered! I also ordered Genesis 1 and Saturn adapters to go with it.

  3. #3
    End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    141

    Default

    You won't need those if you have the adapter cables that came with the 32x.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  4. #4
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up. I don't have 32x or the cables, though I may get one eventually.

  5. #5
    End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    141

    Default

    My cable arrived today. The packaging is much sleeker than the plastic bag (with a card in it) that I'd received last time.


    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  6. #6
    End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    141

    Default

    They've opened up more pre-orders for another batch of cables. They're definitely worth the cash.


    https://castlemaniagames.com/collect...vision-genesis
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  7. #7
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You won't need those if you have the adapter cables that came with the 32x.
    One difference is that the HD Retrovision adapter carries audio while the 32X adapter does not. Granted, itís mono so you probably want to get audio from the headphone jack regardless of which adapter you use. That said, if you have a 32X adapter cable then you probably have a 32X and you can get stereo from there by plugging HD Retrovision cables directly into the 32X with no adapter (stereo comes through the cartridge slot).

  8. #8
    End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeStillPlay View Post
    One difference is that the HD Retrovision adapter carries audio while the 32X adapter does not. Granted, itís mono so you probably want to get audio from the headphone jack regardless of which adapter you use. That said, if you have a 32X adapter cable then you probably have a 32X and you can get stereo from there by plugging HD Retrovision cables directly into the 32X with no adapter (stereo comes through the cartridge slot).
    What's your point? The Genesis 1 audio outputs mono anyways. The HD Retrovision has a port for a 3.5 mm headphone jack to plug directly into the model 1 Genesis headphone jack to get stereo sound.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  9. #9
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    What's your point? The Genesis 1 audio outputs mono anyways. The HD Retrovision has a port for a 3.5 mm headphone jack to plug directly into the model 1 Genesis headphone jack to get stereo sound.
    My point was that there is one functional difference worth noting. Also, HD Retrovision cables will plug directly into the 32X without any adapter. If you have that adapter, you probably have a 32X and may not need anything for your HD Retrovision cables.

    Also, the 32X will restore composite video from RGB if you already performed a bypass (typically disables composite video)... and HD Retrovision cables require composite video or equivalent 75-ohm C-Sync on the composite video pin for sync.

  10. #10
    End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeStillPlay View Post
    My point was that there is one functional difference worth noting. Also, HD Retrovision cables will plug directly into the 32X without any adapter. If you have that adapter, you probably have a 32X and may not need anything for your HD Retrovision cables.

    Also, the 32X will restore composite video from RGB if you already performed a bypass (typically disables composite video)... and HD Retrovision cables require composite video or equivalent 75-ohm C-Sync on the composite video pin for sync.

    Yeah, that's what exactly what I'd said before.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  11. #11
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, that's what exactly what I'd said before.
    Close, but it seems like you suggest using the 32X cables to adapt HD Retrovision and I was suggesting the 32X itself. Either way, the 32X cables are required.

    Using the 32X itself lets you get away with one-piece aftermarket Model 1 to 32X cables (cheap!). As mentioned before it also lets you use HD Retrovision on a console where a proper RGB bypass disconnects the composite encoder, since HD Retrovision requires composite for sync.

    With the 3BP most of those consoles already have a 9P miniDIN with HD Retrovision-compatible 75-ohm C-Sync on that pin but older mods or Japanese installs typically/often leave that out.
    Last edited by WeStillPlay; 04-24-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •