Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Tolerance Origins - SLG

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Taking a guess, purely from the timescales passed, it may be Piko has trouble finding devs to do such work like improving ZT or finishing BZT. It would then be logical to release what he has now.
    Yeah but what is ZT Underground then? is it a whole new thing? is it ZT1 with new levels? I mean I'd be okay with that. but what is it? and it would mean he had at least one dev working on ZT.

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

Got a little more into from SLG but still not much.

https://twitter.com/StrictlyDave/sta...h8lEMoxhg&s=19

Underground has been totally unknown, besides to the people involved in its creation. Unreleased.
    Interesting, I wonder if its a new thing or based on original design docs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    So if I own 2 link cables (I only have 1 atm, haven't actually tried it yet, but I want to), and 3 copies of Zero Tolerance hooked up to three systems on three Tv's, can I get three people playing at once? Or is 2 player the maximum?

I wonder if the Switch/PS4 version will have online multiplayer option possible. That would sweeten the deal a bit. I would assume probably not though. I wrote to PIKO to ask some questions(forgot to ask about Switch/PS4 online multiplayer though), but the odds of hearing back from them before the sale goes live is probably slim.
    I don't see how. Each console only has one spare port after their requisite controllers and the cable itself only goes between two controller ports. Without reengineering it there's no way to daisy-chain them.

I ended up grabbing a PS4 copy since I already have the original on the Genesis. Figured it was the more complete version and was cheaper then the cart. I'm also a sucker for retro compilations on modern consoles.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeStillPlay View Post
    I don't see how. Each console only has one spare port after their requisite controllers and the cable itself only goes between two controller ports. Without reengineering it there's no way to daisy-chain them.
    Ah yes you are correct. I didn't think of that. Although you could use a multi tap to overcome that, unfortunately the options menu only lists one or two player game options.

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

man, what the actual $#@, lol.
    Basically going to feel like missing out on some new/old game because

A it's strictly limited
    B no clue as to what underground actually is

somebody give piko a PR guy, it will literally pay for itself

Retrogaming lore videos on YouTube

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.
    All regions, unlicensed, unreleased, homebrews...

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Although they are being too subtle I think they are saying underground is a completely new game that went unreleased. Which if true is pretty awesome. Who knows tho.

I put like two hours into ZT1 today, meant to only play it for a minute but I couldn't put it down. Once you start blasting fools it's tough to stop. It's better than I remember it being. I wish I had an overclocked Genesis to try this game with. It feels pretty good either way, but a lil speed boost or smoothness would help.

I wanted to do a save state on my mega everdrive X7 model so I could pickup where I left off, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I didn't see it in the options menu and the manual doesn't specifically say what you press to do it. Anybody know how to do this or what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    Basically going to feel like missing out on some new/old game
    After checking their site again it seems that Zero Tolerance Origins is going to be one cartridge that contains both the original ZT and the Underground sequel.
    and since it says "Limited to 1,500 copies worldwide." that doesn't seem like a very good business decision. leading me to believe Piko will sell Underground as a separate cartridge later on.

But yeah, still quite strange..

Hey Guys,

So it seems they didn't specify.

We worked on the Genesis version so this is info I can give you.

Genesis version project came up because there was an additional Unreleased version of ZT on the source code. It was for Sega CD. It was some extra levels that would take place between ZT and BZT.

That was the main project, however SLG wants to give more value so they added ZT on the cart. So you get ZT + ZT "Underground". If I recall correctly its 9 Levels long.

On the Modern part. Thats QUbyte, but it is a very similar projects. ZT + Undergrounds is the main thing. BZT is just an added demo.

BZT is such a big project that we don't have time to finish it now, and want to do it well and slowly. There are literally like 500+ pages of game design docs I need to scan; as well as enemies on Film that I need to scan To give a proper finishing.

so BZT eventually will be made, but it is such a massive project that I rather do it when we have time.

But ZT Underground is a completely unreleased game tho.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    Hey Guys,

Genesis version project came up because there was an additional Unreleased version of ZT on the source code. It was for Sega CD. It was some extra levels that would take place between ZT and BZT.

That was the main project, however SLG wants to give more value so they added ZT on the cart. So you get ZT + ZT "Underground". If I recall correctly its 9 Levels long.

On the Modern part. Thats QUbyte, but it is a very similar projects. ZT + Undergrounds is the main thing. BZT is just an added demo.

BZT is such a big project that we don't have time to finish it now, and want to do it well and slowly. There are literally like 500+ pages of game design docs I need to scan; as well as enemies on Film that I need to scan To give a proper finishing.

so BZT eventually will be made, but it is such a massive project that I rather do it when we have time.

Thanks a lot for the extra info and the clarification.
    I have a few other questions, please:

1) Has Segaman worked on the Mega Drive release?
    2) Does this new release Mega Drive improve the framerate in any way?
    3) I remember Segaman mentioning a new 6-button control scheme for Zero Tolerance on Twitter back in 2020, has this been included in this new release?
    4) Does the "Underground" portion of the game have its own ending or even any new story bits/text screens?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for some clarification!

Just preordered Zero Tolerance Origins (MD game), I'm pretty excited. ZT was always a great game and it will serve as a nice way to prepare for Beyond Zero Tolerance. (which I hope doesn't take ages)

Hey Guys,

So, the PS4 and Switch are just getting a BZT demo.

The Mega Drive is not getting the BZT demo on the ZT Origins (Original ZT + ZT Underground) cartridge.

PIKO is working on a BZT remake and/or full game, big project that goes beyond the BZT demo, is that correct?

1) Has Segaman worked on the Mega Drive release?

He helped us with the Uneground game

2) Does this new release Mega Drive improve the framerate in any way?

Underground version adds and option to turn on Frameskip which helps with the framerate

3) I remember Segaman mentioning a new 6-button control scheme for Zero Tolerance on Twitter back in 2020, has this been included in this new release?

This only works on Emulator, I think it is included on the Steam release.

4) Does the "Underground" portion of the game have its own ending or even any new story bits/text screens?

Its 9 Levels and does have its own ending.

PS4 and Switch are getting the BZT demo on top of ZT and ZTU

Megadrive, If I can fit BZT rom in it, I'll throw it in. But can't guarantee.

Yes its a big project, and want to make sure we pay the correct attention to eventually get it done in the future.

Thread Information