Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Tolerance Origins - SLG

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

Default Zero Tolerance Origins - SLG

Strictly Limited Games announced a Zero Tolerance Collection for modern systems and a Zero Tolerance Origins cart for the Genesis that has the original game and some sequel called "Underground" which I have never heard of.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.c...Zero+Tolerance

the modern Collection include the Beyond prototype in it besides the original game and Underground.

Anyone heard of this "unreleased sequel" before?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

No word on link cable support?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post
    Anyone heard of this "unreleased sequel" before?
    Well, from what I've seen PIKO say is they were planning on releasing an enhanced edition of Zero Tolerance and then focus on finishing up Zero Tolerance 2 (Beyond Zero Tolerance)
    but now it seems they've decided to put both 1 and 2 on one cartridge? I don't really get it.

Was kinda looking forward to Beyond Zero Tolerance being its own thing, not a fan of these combo carts.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Yes I wish things were explained a little more clearly or more info was given. Is Beyond Zero Tolerance just the same as the Rom that is already out there? Or has more work been done to it? Is Zero Tolerance the same as the original release of Zero Tolerance, or has it been updated? Hopefully Piko can give some details.

^About link cable: No mention of it in the announcement obviously, but I would feel pretty certain that these will almost certainly support link cable. Would be a big disappointment if they left those out. Hopefully they let us know soon though. I also wonder if this version of Zero Tolerance will be compatible via link cable with an original copy of ZT. Hopefully so.
    Last edited by Dirt Ball Gamer; 04-21-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

I’d hope that they’d actually sell some link cables like they did originally since more people are aware/interested these days.

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Well, from what I've seen PIKO say is they were planning on releasing an enhanced edition of Zero Tolerance and then focus on finishing up Zero Tolerance 2 (Beyond Zero Tolerance)
    but now it seems they've decided to put both 1 and 2 on one cartridge? I don't really get it.

Was kinda looking forward to Beyond Zero Tolerance being its own thing, not a fan of these combo carts.
    yeah, I remember reading something along those lines a while back. I wish they would say if "Underground" is the reworked / finished "Beyond" or just something they came up with on their own. I'm on the fence about ordering this (and maybe the collection too). Just wish there was some clearer explanations as to what it all was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    Hopefully Piko can give some details.
    I'm honestly a bit shocked that Piko didn't make a post about it on Sega-16, we've always shown lots of interest in Zero Tolerance and its sequel. and now we gotta learn from it through some SGL announcement?
    will we be able to buy the Genesis game from Piko's store? is this the improved ZT1? does it include the 2nd one? we're so in the dark here.

Yeah, I'm not terribly comfortable reserving this till they're clear about what they're providing.

Beyond Zero Tolerance wasn't a complete game, we don't really know what Underground is, and it's not like ZT is a tough game to track down.

SLG and Piko need to be clear about what we're buying.

SEGA-Jorge

Sounds like the Genesis / Mega Drive physical cartridge has the original Zero Tolerance & Underground sequel, but not the Beyond prototype. However, the PS4 & Switch have all 3. That's rubbish, IMHO.

I don't understand why they'd release a collection right now, I mean.. why not wait until after Piko has released both the enhanced version of ZT1 AND Beyond Zero Tolerance?
    then you could actually call it a collection. with Zero Tolerance/Zero Tolerance Improved edition/Beyond Zero Tolerance/Beyond Zero Tolerance Proto on it.

no sense in releasing a collection if it doesn't have ZT2 on it, right?

Or, Piko can just tell us what the heck is going on with this. The fact that they're silent on it is kinda frustrating. I'm not buying this, now that there is possibility of an enhanced version coming out. I'm not double and triple-dipping on a game I already own multiple physical copies of.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...itch-this-year

First released in 1994 for Sega® Mega Drive / Sega® Genesis, Zero Tolerance sets players in a distant future where the universe has to face an alien invasion. That’s when the Zero Tolerance team is being called to protect mankind from the enemy!
    - Fight back the aliens’ attack on the spaceship Europe-1 and repel their invasion on earth in Zero Tolerance.
    - Hunt down the invaders on a subway mission in the never before released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground.
    - Play through Zero Tolerance or Zero Tolerance Underground to unlock the prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance where you defeat the alien enemies on their home planet (only in Zero Tolerance Collection)

Features:
    - Start Zero Tolerance with one of five characters to choose from - each with own individual attributes
    - Collect laser guns, mines, a flamethrower and more to complete your versatile weapon arsenal
    - Master several colourful and complex levels spanning over different main areas
    - Choose your way to play! Kill all the enemies to enable checkpoints or rush through the levels if you want the thrill
    - Including the never before released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground Including an unlockable prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance (only in Zero Tolerance Collection)

So no unreleased prototype for Beyond on the Genesis / Mega Drive cartridge. BOO! HISS! BOO! HISS!

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

So if I own 2 link cables (I only have 1 atm, haven't actually tried it yet, but I want to), and 3 copies of Zero Tolerance hooked up to three systems on three Tv's, can I get three people playing at once? Or is 2 player the maximum?

I wonder if the Switch/PS4 version will have online multiplayer option possible. That would sweeten the deal a bit. I would assume probably not though. I wrote to PIKO to ask some questions(forgot to ask about Switch/PS4 online multiplayer though), but the odds of hearing back from them before the sale goes live is probably slim.
    Last edited by Dirt Ball Gamer; 04-23-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Taking a guess, purely from the timescales passed, it may be Piko has trouble finding devs to do such work like improving ZT or finishing BZT. It would then be logical to release what he has now.

Thread Information