Quantcast

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Japan execs were upset that Kalinske was allowed to resign w/o taking blame for 32X

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    We'll see, He's one talent all SEGA fans should be happy is gone. We'll start to see the creative side of SEGA back again, the only bad point was he took Hosokawa-san with him.
    Still we got Ueda-san back, so not all bad

happy that the monkey ball/yakuza creator (nevermind the best f-zero game nintendo ever saw) is gone? why exactly?

yakuza (up to the last entry) has been a beat-em-up action RPG and constant love letter to classic sega fans. it may not be for everyone, but this is silly, and oddly par for the course with you here.
    literally the worst you can say is that his studio was a victim of their own success & after the series caught on, they continued sequels/spinoffs trying to add to campaigns & evolve the series. hell, the one outing they had in recent years was binary domain, which was also fantastic but sadly not well received

the notion that a talent like him - helping put out quality work during the post sammy days, one of segas darkest periods - was somehow "limiting creativity" (much less his absence something "fans should celebrate" is yet another of your irrational narratives about a figure you don't like, with no other basis.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    happy that the monkey ball/yakuza creator (nevermind the best f-zero game nintendo ever saw) is gone? why exactly?

yakuza (up to the last entry) has been a beat-em-up action RPG and constant love letter to classic sega fans. it may not be for everyone, but this is silly, and oddly par for the course with you here.
    literally the worst you can say is that his studio was a victim of their own success & after the series caught on, they continued sequels/spinoffs trying to add to campaigns & evolve the series. hell, the one outing they had in recent years was binary domain, which was also fantastic but sadly not well received

the notion that a talent like him - helping put out quality work during the post sammy days, one of segas darkest periods - was somehow "limiting creativity" (much less his absence something "fans should celebrate" is yet another of your irrational narratives about a figure you don't like, with no other basis.
    Well, I never liked F-Zero GX myself, overlooking the amazing art style. The game was too hard and too brutal to be enjoyable. I loved Monkey Ball and SpikeOut mind. Overlooking I never liked the attitude of Naka, Nagoshi or Miyoshi. My main issue with Nagoshi-san was after he was made top of the development process inside SEGA becoming manager of the Creative control centre at SEGA in 2003, SEGA's creativity (for me) died a slow and painful death. It seemed to me like any time the teams, were submitting their proposals to get the green light, in would come Nagoshi-san and say we'll try making yet another Yakuza, meeting closed ..

Moneyball was run into the ground and while amazingly the quality is still high with the Yakuza games, it's just the same style of game, time and time again, taking place in the same city, one that we 1st saw in 2005/6.
    It really got to me that I saw Capcom move forward and look to make new IP's push ahead with great tech, while it was endless Yakuza's games from SEGA. It's oversimplifying things a lot, but I love to see the team move on from Yakuza or give the team 3 years to make a new one and for it to move out of Japan say...gangsters don't just stay and operate in the land of their birth. I was sick of Nagoshi-san, much like Miyamoto-san putting his name to almost every SEGA title, take credit for the good, but none of the bad...

Hopefully, with Nagoshi-san gone, we'll have some creativity again at SEGA Japan, and other games will now get a chance, more so with Satomi Jr looking to fund more console projects
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information