Quantcast

Thread: Sonic Chaos (Master System)

Sonic Sonic Chaos (Master System)

Sonic had several outings on the Master System, some good and some bad. Sonic Chaos falls somewhere in the middle. Seemingly more like basic training than a challenging adventure, the game never really seems to get going. The result will leave many wanting more. Read our full review for more details.

I don't own many Master System games, but Sonic Chaos has been among them. Ultimately I ended up selling it, though. More power to the people that enjoy it, but to me it just couldn't compare to the Master System versions of Sonic 1 and 2. Thanks for the review!

Master of Shinobi

It's a fun little game, graphics look good for SMS and there's some replayability in having two characters and multiple endings. The music kind of kills it though, the SMS is capable of much better audio than that. Also the collision detection feels a little off, there are so many times I think I should have collected a ring only to go right by it. Note to game designers, always make hitboxes bigger on things the player is trying to get.

Wildside Expert

I enjoy Sonic Chaos, the Master System is sometimes struggling to handle the increase on pace compared to Sonic 1 & 2 but overall it's fast (for 8 bit standards) fun Sonic game.
    Personally I prefer it over MS Sonic 2. Sonic 1 is the best 8-bit Sonic though.

At least I know I'm not the only one who thinks this game is nowhere near as good as the first two. I remember getting a little bit of flack from people when I wrote the review for The Game Gear version but now I see others share my sentiment. To me this game is just nowhere near as enjoyable. It's definitely more approachable for newcomers than the first two but it's just missing all the charm.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

I like Sonic Chaos. Sure it's way too easy, but I enjoyed the levels and the music. Don't think it's an awful game. It's a 6/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

While easy and kinda short it's clearly a cut above the average 8-bit or SMS platformer with nice visuals and music to boot. Enjoyed it a bit more than Sonic 2 so 7/10 from me.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Never was very fond of the GG/SMS Sonic games. The level design seemed to be less deliberate, and the "physics" were a mess. I respect them for what they are, but having played the original Sonic first, that set the bar far too high.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

Thread Information