Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fight Ultimate

2 players gameplay, very good

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Has there been any word on what the maximum number of characters on screen is going ot be? This is already a huge improvement over the SNES version, which never had 2-player support and only allowed four characters on screen max (your character and 3 enemies, this has 2 playable characters and at least four enemies).

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Has there been any word on what the maximum number of characters on screen is going ot be? This is already a huge improvement over the SNES version, which never had 2-player support and only allowed four characters on screen max (your character and 3 enemies, this has 2 playable characters and at least four enemies).
    4 enemies on screen just like the MCD version, maybe he'll be able to push 5 in a few areas.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    4 enemies on screen just like the MCD version, maybe he'll be able to push 5 in a few areas.
    So this makes me think. Forgive my ignorance if it's been answered, is this just a port of the Mega CD version with chiptunes and enhanced graphics or is this totally new from the ground up?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

It's made from the ground up.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I've been watching some of the stuff in the pipelines. It's amazing what's coming out for the Genesis/Megadrive. This and Symphony of the Night has me excited the most.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Final Fight and Shinobi finally hitting the Mega Drive is a dream come true. Back then i have been desperately waiting for ports of both.

Final Fight Ultimate has been renamed to Mega Final Fight. I like that better, shorter and clearer.
    Also, the two extra characters have been unveiled: Maki and Captain Commando. Captain Commando sounds like a weird choice, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. As long as the game is fun, that's what matters.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    True, True.. but I still feel its a bit OpenBOR like. I think what they're doing is absolutely amazing and its their full right to decide what to do with it.
    but personally.. eh, I hope they'll at least consider releasing two versions, one completely like the arcade and then maybe a + version with the extra characters.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Two versions? Dude, there are two game modes, the original that we are used to and the Ultimate mode, this information is a little old. Captain Command is a guy from Metro City.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

This looks great, I am not mad on the colours like the barrels and guy's clothes should be more ornage but every thing else is great.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training GrandmasterC's Avatar

Mega Drive Mode opening and Maki gameplay:

Last edited by GrandmasterC; 09-04-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Master of Shinobi

I mean it's technically impressive but... Maki's sprite looks out of place with the rest of the characters. Maybe because she was drawn for the 256 px width of the SNES?

Is the team doing this trying to get a license from Capcom? Otherwise they seem to be taking a big risk that this gets shut down. Using the Capcom logo at the beginning is a big no-no, let alone using all of those assets.

Maki's brown clothes don't look so good, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to optimize color palettes for extra characters.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is the team doing this trying to get a license from Capcom? Otherwise they seem to be taking a big risk that this gets shut down.
    They tried but didn't get any answer, from what I remember. Yes, they're using Capcom's assets, but since they don't plan to make any money from it, they hope Capcom will let it slide.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    They tried but didn't get any answer, from what I remember. Yes, they're using Capcom's assets, but since they don't plan to make any money from it, they hope Capcom will let it slide.
    Oh, no. That's a bit worrying. Legal teams aren't known for just letting things slide when they've been explicitly bought to their attention.

Thread Information