Quantcast

Thread: Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Pengo Captain Planet and the Planeteers

While not inherently a bad game, it suffers from a wide range of problems that combine to keep the good captain from reaching his full potential. There are some good ideas here, but sadly no amount of heart can make Captain Planet's Genesis adventure a good one. Read our full review for more details.

I remember my first impression of the game being a fit of laughter at the ridiculous music, just as the Sega logo appears. The game itself is awful, and has no level for Ma-Ti. The Planeteers' sprites are ugly, looking like several patches of paint thrown together rather than cartoon characters, and they all move as they're on skates. Backgrounds are not that bad, though. Sound is terrible and playability is unfair.
    Good for a laugh and nothing else.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by bigladiesman View Post
    I remember my first impression of the game being a fit of laughter at the ridiculous music, just as the Sega logo appears. The game itself is awful, and has no level for Ma-Ti. The Planeteers' sprites are ugly, looking like several patches of paint thrown together rather than cartoon characters, and they all move as they're on skates. Backgrounds are not that bad, though. Sound is terrible and playability is unfair.
    Good for a laugh and nothing else.
    I think the music on the title screen is quite good

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

I actually find this game quite difficult especially for something aimed at kids. I agree with bigladiesman that the playability is unfair - the evil computer level is a particular pain for me. The sound is terrible and it looks bang average at best.

I expected more from this game but it falls way short so it's hard to disagree with the review.

Thread Information