Quantcast

Thread: Sega Saturday is back on Gamesboro Radio starting THIS WEEK!

Media Sega Saturday is back on Gamesboro Radio starting THIS WEEK!

After a 6 year hiatus, Gamesboro Radio is back on the air (again)!

My apologies for the long break, in 2016 the radio was hosted out of my house on a very loud rack mounted server. Due to work, we had to move and when we arrived at our new home we didn't have a place where it could run 24/7. That server is now long gone, but I still had the music. The loss of the station was devastating for me because I put a lot of time and effort into it. In fact, the radio is how I got the job that caused my big move in the first place!

I was finally able to find the time, and I reconstructed the whole thing over the last month. All of it, yes even the ability to request music on the fly. It's now hosted on a cloud platform with a good resiliency plan in place so you won't have to worry about anything happening to it again, and I've got a few new bells and whistles to play with such as streaming video.

With this I am proud to announce, Sega Saturday is back for good starting next Saturday, August 27th.

For those that don't know, it is a carefully curated playlist of Sega's music, as well as music that ran on Sega hardware.

Gamesboro Radio

We now stream to YouTube and Twitch 24/7 as well!

Gamesboro Radio YouTube stream

Gamesboro Radio Twitch stream

Internet radio! Nice, I'll tune in. What software are you using to manage your station?

I listen to internet radio via a Sangean internet radio / appliance. Looks like you're listed in Frontier Nuvola, the service they use to do aggregation / indexing.

Easy add!

Hey Genesis Knight! We use Azuracast broadcasting over icecast 2.4. Does the feed come through your device ok? I'm VERY interested in picking one up myself!

If anybody has any special requests feel free to drop them here.

Yeah it works great. I love the Sangean, although it can't stream any iHeart Radio stations which is a lot of local terrestrial stations.

And I just started using Azuracast for my own little private family radio station - I use a C. Crane FM Transmitter to blast it through the house and the kids can listen on portable radios. Pretty fun.

Only suggestion for your station would be to get a lot more songs in there. I've listened to it off and on over the last day and already heard several repeats.

As far as special requests, I love the Jerry Martin Simcity3000, simcity 4, and Streets of SimCity soundtracks. They never get old!

It shouldn't be too long and I'll make my final decision on the player I want to have at home. Those things are so cool!

Azuracast is awesome, it takes the place of 3 or 4 applications I was using for the station in 2016.

I have been following a traditional terrestrial mindset for the playlist. 2 to 2.5 hours of music, approx. 30 songs. Thanks to Ace here at Sega-16 I have hundreds of high quality songs in my library. I'll expand the playlist tonight, just give me the word if you think it is better.

I'll see what I can do about tracking down those game soundtracks and pull some winners.

SEGA SATURDAY is on the air!

Gamesboro Radio

Gamesboro Radio YouTube stream

Gamesboro Radio Twitch stream

I put together a video package for the youtube and twitch streamers. Footage from a lot of Genesis games to go with the music.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

This is great. I tuned in today and really dug the collection.
    Song requests were the next ones played.

Hey thanks Fozzy. Last Saturday was a blast! This weekend I'm going to have shout outs to Sega-16 and if I get any special requests here I'll give a shout out to the user who requested it.

I listened this Saturday, fun to tune in.

This is really cool, gonna get some work done listening to some great tunes!

SEGA-Jorge

The Sega-16 bumper is going to be playing this weekend, should pop up every other hour. Added a couple of new tunes to the rotation as well.

As always if someone wants to hear anything in particular that isn't on the playlist just drop a message here and I'll get it added and give you a shoutout on-air.

Thread Information